Concerning the feasts of the LORD, these are MY FEASTS

beameup

And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations [מִקְרָא miqrâʼ], even these are my feasts. - Leviticus 23:1-2

מִקְרָא miqrâʼ - convocation, sacred assembly, a dress rehearsal

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Jeremiah 7[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
21 This is what the Lord of Hosts, the God of Israel, says: “Add your burnt offerings to your other sacrifices, and eat the meat yourselves, 22 for when I brought your ancestors out of the land of Egypt, I did not speak with them or command them concerning burnt offering and sacrifice.
26 However, they wouldn’t listen to Me or pay attention, but became obstinate; they did more evil than their ancestors. [/FONT]

beameup

feastsoverview.jpg

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
And yet you don't.
Shalom.

I would like to. I even want to move to Israel. But, I observe here in the United States of America.

Some believe that we do not have to be in Jerusalem as there is no temple, but it may be that in the absence of the temple we can still be in Jerusalem. It may be different for me if I were to live in the land, because travel to Jerusalem if you are not in Jerusalem to begin with is different then from traveling to Jerusalem from outside of Israel or outside of the land. Maybe I would live in Jerusalem.

Shalom.

Jacob

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Correctamundo.

Not even correct. Tabernacles is a seven day feast. The Eighth Day is separate and is not even mentioned.

"The fifteenth day of this seventh month shall be the Feast of Tabernacles for seven days to the Lord. On the first day there shall be a holy convocation. You shall do no customary work on it. For seven days you shall offer an offering made by fire to the Lord.

On the Eighth Day you shall have a holy convocation..." (Leviticus 23:33-36)

RBBI

Not even correct. Tabernacles is a seven day feast. The Eighth Day is separate and is not even mentioned.

"The fifteenth day of this seventh month shall be the Feast of Tabernacles for seven days to the Lord. On the first day there shall be a holy convocation. You shall do no customary work on it. For seven days you shall offer an offering made by fire to the Lord.

On the Eighth Day you shall have a holy convocation..." (Leviticus 23:33-36)

The 8th day is like a "day out of time" in that it was the day the Lord told them to stay with Him another day.

chair

The Israelite holidays in the Bible are: the holidays celebrated by the Israelites. It isn't that complicated. Passover is not the crucifixion. And what does the "coming of the holy spirit " , whatever that is, have to do with an agricultural holiday.

It is fun- but you guys are just making stuff up.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Israelite holidays in the Bible are: the holidays celebrated by the Israelites. It isn't that complicated. Passover is not the crucifixion. And what does the "coming of the holy spirit " , whatever that is, have to do with an agricultural holiday.

It is fun- but you guys are just making stuff up.
Shalom.

Were the Ten Commandments given on Shavuot?

Shalom.

Jacob

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Were the Ten Commandments given on Shavuot?

Let's say for the sake of discussion that the people left Egypt on Nisan 15.

We are told, "In the third month after the children of Israel had gone out of the land of Egypt, on the same day, they came to the Wilderness of Sinai." (Exodus 19:1)

So during Sivan they came to Mount Sinai on the same day of the week they left Egypt. This would have been Sivan 5.

The Jews observe Shavout on Sivan 6, but God told Moses to bring the people to the Mount on the third day.

"Then the Lord said to Moses, 'Go to the people and consecrate them today and tomorrow, and let them wash their clothes. And let them be ready for the third day. For on the third day the Lord will come down upon Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people.'" (Exodus 19:10-11)

Pentecost is fifty days from the Sabbath during Unleavened Bread, which would have been Sivan 8.

This is when God spoke his covenant to the people. The ordinances came later.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Let's say for the sake of discussion that the people left Egypt on Nisan 15.

We are told, "In the third month after the children of Israel had gone out of the land of Egypt, on the same day, they came to the Wilderness of Sinai." (Exodus 19:1)

So during Sivan they came to Mount Sinai on the same day of the week they left Egypt. This would have been Sivan 5.

The Jews observe Shavout on Sivan 6, but God told Moses to bring the people to the Mount on the third day.

"Then the Lord said to Moses, 'Go to the people and consecrate them today and tomorrow, and let them wash their clothes. And let them be ready for the third day. For on the third day the Lord will come down upon Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people.'" (Exodus 19:10-11)

Pentecost is fifty days from the Sabbath during Unleavened Bread, which would have been Sivan 8.

This is when God spoke his covenant to the people. The ordinances came later.
Shalom.

I do not know what you are saying to be correct.

Shalom.

Jacob