Clown World

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
I had a hankerin' to try to come up with some joke about the current Bud Light scandal, a joke that would somehow involve the beer company's 80s mascot. So, trying to get some ideas, I searched "Spuds Mackenzie" on Google, and straightaway realized that no joke I might come up with on this topic could hope to come close in arresting absurdity and aptness to what I found stated in a 1993 death notice for that famous dog!

UPI ARCHIVES
Spuds MacKenzie is dead
OCT. 6, 1993
NORTH RIVERSIDE, Ill. -- Spuds MacKenzie, the dog featured in one of the most successful advertising campaigns ever as the mascot of Bud Light beer, is dead, according to a published report.

Spuds, who gained fame as Bud Light's Original Party Animal, died earlier this year at his home in North Riverside, Ill., a suburb of Chicago, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Wednesday.

The bull terrier, who was white with a black patch around one eye, died of kidney failure, a common malady among bull terriers, the report said. He underwent dialysis before his death. Spuds was about 10 years old when he died.

Spuds actually was a pedigreed female bull terrier named Honey Tree Evil Eye. She was owned by Stan and Jackie Oles of North Riverside, who had been protective of their pet's privacy since its retirement from the spotlight four years ago...

It seems that promoting gender confusion through marketing is not a new pursuit to the folks at Bud Light!

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
I had a hankerin' to try to come up with some joke about the current Bud Light scandal, a joke that would somehow involve the beer company's 80s mascot. So, trying to get some ideas, I searched "Spuds Mackenzie" on Google, and straightaway realized that no joke I might come up with on this topic could hope to come close in arresting absurdity and aptness to what I found stated in a 1993 death notice for that famous dog!

UPI ARCHIVES
Spuds MacKenzie is dead
OCT. 6, 1993
NORTH RIVERSIDE, Ill. -- Spuds MacKenzie, the dog featured in one of the most successful advertising campaigns ever as the mascot of Bud Light beer, is dead, according to a published report.

Spuds, who gained fame as Bud Light's Original Party Animal, died earlier this year at his home in North Riverside, Ill., a suburb of Chicago, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Wednesday.

The bull terrier, who was white with a black patch around one eye, died of kidney failure, a common malady among bull terriers, the report said. He underwent dialysis before his death. Spuds was about 10 years old when he died.

Spuds actually was a pedigreed female bull terrier named Honey Tree Evil Eye. She was owned by Stan and Jackie Oles of North Riverside, who had been protective of their pet's privacy since its retirement from the spotlight four years ago...

It seems that promoting gender confusion through marketing is not a new pursuit to the folks at Bud Light!
I should add, though, that I nevertheless managed to come up with a joke after all, because, thanks to the document's revelation that Spuds was actually a female dog, rather than a male, I realized that I was not merely reading a death notice, but actually an obit**uary.

way 2 go

FuPRTOOacAIedRj

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
do they have to have an employee open the cages for you ?

electronic locks ? press a button employee remotely opens the cages
I don't shop in Target but I recently encountered the same thing at the local Walmart. Had to find an associate to open the case and they stood by me while I was looking at the different choices, then locked it back up after I was done

way 2 go

I don't shop in Target but I recently encountered the same thing at the local Walmart. Had to find an associate to open the case and they stood by me while I was looking at the different choices, then locked it back up after I was done
that whole store was locked up 🤪

way 2 go

Reuters ran a story yesterday headlined, “‘High Bio-Hazard Risk’ in Sudan After Laboratory Seized, WHO Says.”
My goodness. Another third-world, US-controlled biolab. What are the odds?

The World Health Organization said Tuesday that unidentified “fighters” in conflict-ravaged Sudan had occupied a government-owned biological laboratory:

There is a “high risk of biological hazard” in Sudan’s capital Khartoum after one of the warring parties seized a laboratory holding measles and cholera pathogens and other hazardous materials, the World Health Organization said on Tuesday.​

Huh. “Other hazardous materials.” I wonder what they could be?

The reporter Laura interviewed explained why on Earth anyone in their right mind would build a high-tech biolab researching deadly pathogens in a country with no oversight and even less security. Well, that’s the point:

“There’s generally less red tape, compared to labs in the West… the lab works with the W.H.O., whose largest funding comes from the US Government. That’s a data point worth keeping an eye on, especially if it comes out later that some of the lab’s work was… um … non-scientific in its application.”
Non-scientific? Nice euphemism. I guess “non-scientific” means “military.”

You know me, I did a little poking around to see if I could find any tell-tales of gain-of-function lab leaks. And guess what? Turn out that for some reason, in 2017, a Harvard researcher accused the W.H.O. of covering up a massive cholera outbreak in Sudan:

Weird! It’s just a conspiracy theory, but the facts match what would have happened if the W.H.O.’s lab, tinkering with cholera, accidentally (on purpose) leaked some and then cleaned it up.

Sorry, Sudan! (Not sorry.)

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

Reuters ran a story yesterday headlined, “‘High Bio-Hazard Risk’ in Sudan After Laboratory Seized, WHO Says.”
My goodness. Another third-world, US-controlled biolab. What are the odds?

The World Health Organization said Tuesday that unidentified “fighters” in conflict-ravaged Sudan had occupied a government-owned biological laboratory:

Huh. “Other hazardous materials.” I wonder what they could be?

The reporter Laura interviewed explained why on Earth anyone in their right mind would build a high-tech biolab researching deadly pathogens in a country with no oversight and even less security. Well, that’s the point:

Non-scientific? Nice euphemism. I guess “non-scientific” means “military.”

You know me, I did a little poking around to see if I could find any tell-tales of gain-of-function lab leaks. And guess what? Turn out that for some reason, in 2017, a Harvard researcher accused the W.H.O. of covering up a massive cholera outbreak in Sudan:

Weird! It’s just a conspiracy theory, but the facts match what would have happened if the W.H.O.’s lab, tinkering with cholera, accidentally (on purpose) leaked some and then cleaned it up.

Sorry, Sudan! (Not sorry.)
That's just a conspiracy theory!