Clarence Page: Who’s afraid of critical race theory? Those who don’t know what it is

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
anna will conveniently leave out any part of any story that contradicts the narrative she loves to put forth. Remember how she represented the slave owner Covey as representative of all white Christian slave owners? Turns out it was a complete lie as Frederick Douglass himself said that anna's narrative was not true.

And you double down on your lie. No surprise.

Lon

Then we won't be having a conversation, because my post was about the lawmaker who doesn't understand what he wants to make laws against. And apparently he's not alone:

We asked Republicans to explain Critical Race Theory—they couldn’t

Let's rather ask the question: What is included in CRT? At that point, I don't have to know every part,JUST the parts I don't like.
I certainly could: "It is racism, focusing on color." While I have no problem hearing about struggles blacks have in this country, it is as long as other have no problem hearing about white struggles in this country (if they are different). That however, isn't Critical Race theory.
Wrong, it's about not caring if an opinion piece is being "not nice" when the litmus for being "not nice" doesn't match mine. No more and no less. Nothing about dreams or extremes.
It'd have to be a mutual agreement to be 'wrong.' It is about a piece that simply 'made fun' with no other point noticeable but 'leftist' (perhaps) 'superiority.' Even if you got something else, that was the main thrust of that particular. It wasn't nice. It was mean-spirited and irresponsible in its angst, arrogance, and attempts and partisan.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Let's rather ask the question: What is included in CRT? At that point, I don't have to know every part,JUST the parts I don't like.
I certainly could: "It is racism, focusing on color." While I have no problem hearing about struggles blacks have in this country, it is as long as other have no problem hearing about white struggles in this country (if they are different). That however, isn't Critical Race theory.

No, let's ask if a lawmaker should be knowledgeable and competent enough to know exactly what he wants to ban.

It'd have to be a mutual agreement to be 'wrong.' It is about a piece that simply 'made fun' with no other point noticeable but 'leftist' (perhaps) 'superiority.' Even if you got something else, that was the main thrust of that particular. It wasn't nice. It was mean-spirited and irresponsible in its angst, arrogance, and attempts.

It was an opinion piece, Lon. Opinion can be biting, that's just the way it is.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
From wiki:

Critical race theory is loosely unified by two common themes: first, that white supremacy, with its societal or structural racism, exists and maintains power through the law;[6] and second, that transforming the relationship between law and racial power, and also achieving racial emancipation and anti-subordination more broadly, is possible.[7]

I reject the first outright and wholly.

I reject the second on its use of "racial power", and on its assumption that racial subjugation exists.

If blacks, who comprise 13.4% of the American population, want to flex their "racial power", they are very apt to come up against the force of the 86.6% of the American population who are not interested in being subjected to their "power".

Last edited:

marke

They would be correct. WS have been emboldened in the last four years. Time for them to go back into the closet…
Dummycraps see leftist violence and destruction in the streets as "justifiable peaceful protests." The same morons see peaceful protests againd voter fraud as "treasonous, terroristic violence against the government of the US."

Dummycraps are stupid.

marke

I prefer to have them in the open, where they can be seen, confronted and opposed.
I wish the media would report the violence being committed by these 'white supremacists' that racist democrats think are coming so many acts of violence compared to leftist rioters and looters in the street. Where is the actual evidence of widespread white supremacy violence against blacks and cops?

marke

It's gonna take another couple hundred years.

E4AgALOUUAIs69w
Why are you posting photos of racist white democrats of half a century ago? Don't you know Congress eliminated government-sponsored and endorsed racist inequality years ago? Where are the photos of whites burning down buildings, looting, assaulting cops, and committing murder in mobs? If democrats want to make such preposterous claims then we should force them to try to back up those claims with actual evidence.

Lon

No, let's ask if a lawmaker should be knowledgeable and competent enough to know exactly what he wants to ban.
If asked the 'right' questions? 🤔 I'm all for that. It is as simple as this: CRT is a 'philosophy.' That philosophy is pointed to education/re-education of American pupils to get them to think about 'race equity, race inequity, and race privilege.' More often than not, such 'education' is causing race-hate crimes because it is focusing on 'how we are all different' than 'how we are the same and what makes us united in these United States, you know, the actual 'business' of education in these United (not so much) States. I'm white. I have had NOTHING to do with any slave trade. My ancestors didn't either. Why am I culpable? Specifically and ONLY: because I'm white." That is racism. It doesn't matter if there are a lot of whites, it is still racism and blaming me for the whole (including other blacks, natives, and Asian). They don't 'get' blamed. Just me, AND ONLY for my skin color. It is literally racism.
It was an opinion piece, Lon. Opinion can be biting, that's just the way it is.
It wasn't 'biting' as if it had anything profound to say. It was just mean-spirited, and arrogant. It was a worthless piece that is partly responsible for racial-crimes that are surging. Instead of healing this nation, it rips it apart further. If it continues, we may have to actually rip these United States in half, one half communist, the other Capitalist.. One side Christian, the other everything else that people want to be while hating Christians, who generally disagree, but are in Church when rioters are in the streets. I just want people to actually think about what they are doing while protesting and worse, to this country. Between you and I? At least that you recognize purposeful baiting when you see it and 'try' to steer clear of things that cause deaths and are extremely partisan, separating, and polarizing with 'the enemy.'

Gary K

Banned

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
If asked the 'right' questions? 🤔 I'm all for that. It is as simple as this: CRT is a 'philosophy.' That philosophy is pointed to education/re-education of American pupils to get them to think about 'race equity, race inequity, and race privilege.' More often than not, such 'education' is causing race-hate crimes because it is focusing on 'how we are all different' than 'how we are the same and what makes us united in these United States, you know, the actual 'business' of education in these United (not so much) States.

1. Do you have some support for your assertion that CRT causes race-hate crimes? I'd be interested in seeing it.

2. Many Americans don't navigate through American society "the same" in a lot of ways, big and small. That's why this:

A National Bureau of Economic Research Paper shows that job applicants with white names had a 50% chance of getting a callback over those who had African-American names. That is, traditional white sounding names only had to send 10 resumes to get one callback, while those that didn’t had to send out 15 resumes per callback.

Or this:

From 1,100 e-mail inquiries to Los Angeles-area landlords asking about vacant apartments advertised online, the traditional white sounding name elicited 89% of positive replies. A foreign sounding name brought in 66% of replies while the African-American name took in 56%. A landlord’s positive reply consisted of a follow up appointment to show off the property for lease or an indication that the place was available.

It wasn't 'biting' as if it had anything profound to say. It was just mean-spirited, and arrogant. It was a worthless piece that is partly responsible for racial-crimes that are surging. Instead of healing this nation, it rips it apart further. If it continues, we may have to actually rip these United States in half, one half communist, the other Capitalist.. One side Christian, the other everything else that people want to be while hating Christians, who generally disagree, but are in Church when rioters are in the streets. I just want people to actually think about what they are doing while protesting and worse, to this country. Between you and I? At least that you recognize purposeful baiting when you see it and 'try' to steer clear of things that cause deaths and are extremely partisan, separating, and polarizing with 'the enemy.'

It wasn't a "worthless piece." Or are you the one being "not nice" now?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Last edited: