Christ's death abolished death !

beloved57

2 Tim 1:9-10

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Folks Jesus Christ isnt our Saviour if for us He hasnt abolished death, death due for our sins, for its reason Rom 6:23a

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom 5:12

12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

All death is related to and effected by sin, physical death, eternal death which is the second death Rev 20:14 and spiritual death Eph 2:1,5; Matt 8:22;Lk 15:24,

And Jesus Christ by His appearing and dying put away the sin debt of His People Heb 9:26 and by that for them abolished death,

And physical death, though its a defeated foe for them Christ saves, its the last enemy death to be subdued 1 Cor 15:24-26

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death[Physical death].

The word destroy here is the greek word katargeó which means:

I make idle (inactive), make of no effect, annul, abolish, bring to naught, (b) I discharge, sever, separate from.

Its the same greek word Paul uses in 2 Tim 1:10 for abolished death " Who [ Jesus Christ] hath abolished death !

beloved57

Christ's death abolished death !cont

Now Christ's death abolished, not His resurrection, yet His resurrection is proof, evidence that His death abolished death, since it was death that put away sin Heb 9:26. It was by His death He destroyed him that had the power of death, the devil Heb 2:14

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Now exactly who did Jesus Christ abolish death for ? Was it everyone without exception ? No it wasnt, it was for those Paul referenced in 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

It was exclusively for them that God gave them Grace in Christ Jesus before the world began.

Its speaking of everyone for whom He died that will experience a Spiritual resurrection out of Spiritual death. See those Christ died for and abolished death cant remain in Spiritual death or to be Spiritually dead. They shall be quickened into new life Eph 2:5-6 ! Thats why Hes their Savior !

If one remains dead in trespasses and sins, and consequently goes into the second death, Christ for them didnt abolish death , neither was Grace given them in Christ Jesus before the world began !

beloved57

The word abolished in 2 Tim 1:10

But is now made manifest by the appearing ofour Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

its the greek word
katargeó:

I make idle (inactive), make of no effect, annul, abolish, bring to naught, (b) I discharge, sever, separate from.

properly, idle down, rendering something inert ("completely inoperative"); i.e. being of no effect (totally without force, completely brought down); done away with, cause to cease and therefore abolish; make invalid, abrogate (bring to nought); "to make idle or inactive"

Now since Christ has caused death to cease for the Elect, made it of no effect, and that it applies to Spiritual death, every elect vessel of mercy shall be begotten again by the resurrection of Jesus Christ [who abolished death for them] from the dead 1 Pet 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

begotten again is the greek word
anagennaó which means :

I beget again, beget into a new life.

anagennáō (from 303 /aná, "up, again," which intensifies 1080 /gennáō, "give birth") – properly, born-again or "born from on high."

They are given a new birth with spiritual life, something they didnt have by nature being dead in sin ! This must be true of everyone Christ
abolished death for by His death, namely the Elect.

beloved57

With this new and Spiritual life given to the Elect through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, for them he hath abolished death for, comes Faith and or Hope, a Living Hope, notice 1 Pet 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

The word hope here is the greek word elpis:

hope, expectation, trust, confidence.

The same word is translated Faith Heb 10:23

23 [FONT=&quot]Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised)

Its the Hope of the Gospel Col 1:23

23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

So this living Gospel Hope is given in the new birth through the resurrection of Christ from the dead, unto the Elect of God whom their Saviour Jesus Christ abolished death for !
[/FONT]

Nanja

With this new and Spiritual life given to the Elect through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, for them he hath abolished death for, comes Faith and or Hope, a Living Hope, notice 1 Pet 1:3

The word hope here is the greek word elpis:

hope, expectation, trust, confidence.

The same word is translated Faith Heb 10:23

23 [FONT="]Let us hold fast [U][B]the profession of our faith [/B][/U]without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised)

Its the Hope of the Gospel Col 1:23

23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from [B]the hope of the gospel[/B], which ye have heard, and[B] which was preached to every creature[/B] which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

So this living Gospel Hope is given in the new birth through the resurrection of Christ from the dead, unto the Elect of God whom their Saviour Jesus Christ abolished death for ![/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="#006400"]Amen to all 4 parts !

The Elect of God had Life in Christ John 1:4 given us before the world began due to the fact that it was then that Christ our Surety, in the Mind and Purpose of God Heb. 7:22 had abolished death on our behalf Rev. 13:8 and given us Life when He arose from the dead as the Great Shepherd of the Sheep Heb. 13:20; 1 Pet. 1:3. And so, as the Blessed result of Grace given us in Christ 2 Tim. 1:9, to have forgiveness of sins Eph. 1:7, everyone of us shall be born again Spiritually John 3:3, given Faith Titus 1:1 and experience this Living Gospel Hope experientially John 3:3; and He will raise us up at the last day John 6:40.

beloved57

nanja

and given us Life when He arose from the dead as the Great Shepherd of the Sheep Heb. 13:20; 1 Pet. 1:3.

Yes and God sends us the Gospel to bring this resurrected life to light Tim 1:10, He brings it forth by the word of Truth, which is the Gospel James 1:18

18 [FONT=&quot]Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

The word of truth is the Gospel of our Salvation Eph 1:13

3 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,[/FONT]

Nanja

nanja

Yes and God sends us the Gospel to bring this resurrected life to light Tim 1:10, He brings it forth by the word of Truth, which is the Gospel James 1:18

18 [FONT="]Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

The word of truth is the Gospel of our Salvation Eph 1:13

3 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,[/FONT]

Amen, it's the Word of Truth, the Gospel, that reveals to God's Elect of their Salvation / Justification before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9: That they were sanctified by God and preserved in Jesus Christ Jude 1:1, and being Called His Children, His Sheep in the Everlasting Covenant of Grace Heb. 13:20. It's only these, who when they are Born of God / Born of the Spirit, shall Hear the Gospel of their Salvation Eph. 1:13, God's Words John 8:47a, the Word of Truth James 1:18. And hearing the Word of Truth is synonymous with Hearing the Voice of Christ John 10:27 who is The Word of Truth John 14:6; Rev. 19:13.

clefty

Amen, it's the Word of Truth, the Gospel, that reveals to God's Elect of their Salvation / Justification before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9: That they were sanctified by God and preserved in Jesus Christ Jude 1:1, and being Called His Children, His Sheep in the Everlasting Covenant of Grace Heb. 13:20. It's only these, who when they are Born of God / Born of the Spirit, shall Hear the Gospel of their Salvation Eph. 1:13, God's Words John 8:47a, the Word of Truth James 1:18. And hearing the Word of Truth is synonymous with Hearing the Voice of Christ John 10:27 who is The Word of Truth John 14:6; Rev. 19:13.

And how will these be known?

Anything distinguish them from the rest of the world?

Hint from James...

“But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.”

Nanja

And how will these be known?

Anything distinguish them from the rest of the world?

God's Elect are hated by the world.

John 15:18-20
18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. 19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. 20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

clefty

God's Elect are hated by the world.

John 15:18-20
18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. 19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. 20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

Do you feel hated?

Are you hated?