Christians are OBLIGATED to get "involved" with politics

lighthouse99

Some Christians seem to think we shouldn't dirty our hands with politics. And so abortion continues to be legal, the murder of totally helpless human beings created in God's image

And the governemnt that oppresses people and steals their money and wastes it, continues to do so becasue "Christians" won't get involved

you ARE judged by your deeds. Read the Bible and you will see it clearly there. I have read it, continue to read it every day. I know what i am talking about. And i know, whether i can prove it or not, that the Bible IS the Word of God, the Word of the true God, not the word of--well, those who choose not to believe in Jesus. Muslims believe in Jesus but say he was just a prophet, rather than our Savior. That explains a few things, doesn't it?

:luigi:

theophilus

apathytr.jpg

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

The early Christian Church was strongly pacifistic and publicly discouraged its members from involvement in government.

I do not wish to be a king; I am not anxious to be rich; I decline military command... Die to the world, repudiating the madness that is in it.
— Tatian’s Address to the Greeks

Whatever Christians would not wish others to do to them, they do not to others. And they comfort their oppressors and make them their friends; they do good to their enemies…. Through love towards their oppressors, they persuade them to become Christians.
— The Apology of Aristides

A soldier of the civil authority must be taught not to kill men and to refuse to do so if he is commanded, and to refuse to take an oath. If he is unwilling to comply, he must be rejected for baptism. A military commander or civic magistrate must resign or be rejected. If a believer seeks to become a soldier, he must be rejected, for he has despised God.
— Hippolytus of Rome

One soul cannot be due to two masters—God and Cæsar ...
— Tertullian, On Idolatry Chapter 19: Concerning Military Service

it is better to suffer wrong than to inflict it, that we should rather shed our own blood than stain our hands and our conscience with that of another
— Arnobius, Adversus Gentes

The whole world is wet with mutual blood; and murder, which in the case of an individual is admitted to be a crime, is called a virtue when it is committed wholesale.
— Cyprian of Carthage

Those soldiers were filled with wonder and admiration at the grandeur of the man’s piety and generosity and were struck with amazement ..... As a result, many of them were added to the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ and threw off the belt of military service.
— Disputation of Archelaus and Manes

How can a man be master of another's life, if he is not even master of his own? ..... let him consider that we are all equal by nature, and not exalt himself impertinently against his own race ...
— Gregory of Nyssa, Homilies On the Beatitudes

"I am a soldier of Christ. I cannot fight." He was jailed for this action, but later released.
- Martin of Tours, 336 AD

After the Roman Emperor Constantine converted in A.D. 312 and began to conquer "in Christ's name," Christianity became entangled with the state, and warfare and violence were increasingly justified by influential Christians. Some scholars believe that "the accession of Constantine terminated the pacifist period in church history.

Daniel1769

What do you ,mean "get involved in politics?" You mean vote for an evil person because he is less evil than the other guy? No, thanks. I refuse to vote for the lesser evil because I don't lend my support to evil.

lighthouse99

The early Christian Church was strongly pacifistic and publicly discouraged its members from involvement in government.

well, it is quite obvious why liberals would just LOVE to get us Christians out of the way, out of the public forum so they can take over and then half the people will end up homosexual, using drugs on a regular basis, lowering the age of sexual consent to 10 so that--

oh, jeez, i am making myself ill

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
well, it is quite obvious why liberals would just LOVE to get us Christians out of the way, out of the public forum so they can take over and then half the people will end up homosexual, using drugs on a regular basis, lowering the age of sexual consent to 10 so that--

oh, jeez, i am making myself ill

- liberals would just LOVE to get us Christians out of the way

- so they can take over

- half the people will end up homosexual

- using drugs on a regular basis

- lowering the age of sexual consent to 10 so that ...

The quotes I provided were made by early Christian leaders who were probably far more in touch with how a Christian life was supposed to be lived than the "made in America" version that today's conservatives are trying to "peddle!"

Early Christians were of the opinion that a Christian cannot serve 2 masters, that taking a human life under any circumstances was wrong and that we should literally love our enemies!

Why do conservative Christians automatically revert to personal attacks whenever anyone has the audacity to voice a different opinion?

Rather than finding peace and fulfillment in their faith, so many conservative Christians are angry, frustrated individuals - all of which comes to the surface with the slightest provocation!

lighthouse99

Those quotes were made by early Christian leaders who were probably far more in touch with how a Christian life was supposed to be lived than the "made in America" version that todays conservatives are trying to "peddle!"

Early Christians were of the opinion that a Christian cannot serve 2 masters, than taking a human life under any circumstances was wrong and that we should literally love our enemies!

i didn't know advocating and working for the election of a CHRISTIAN president and CHRISTIAN representatives in Congress was un-Christian

silly me

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
i didn't know advocating and working for the election of a CHRISTIAN president and CHRISTIAN representatives in Congress was un-Christian

silly me

If that was the case, conservative Christians would have supported Jimmy Carter instead of Ronald Reagan.

Carter, whom conservative Christians "threw-under-the-bus" in 1980, has remained active in his church, still teaches Sunday School and is actively involved in charitable organizations.

Reagan (according to chief-of-staff, press secretary, daughter, associates) was superstitious, actively involved in astrology, included astrologers among his personal friends, scheduled trips and meetings based on his horoscope and rarely attended church.

None of this is conclusive proof, but it does highlight the fallacy of labeling one candidate as "a Christian" based on superficial appearances orchestrated by their campaign!

Last edited:

This Charming Manc

Its because certain conservative Christians cannot distinguish between conservative and Christian.

If that was the case, conservative Christians would have supported Jimmy Carter instead of Ronald Reagan.

Carter, whom conservative Christians "threw-under-the-bus" in 1980, has remained active in his church, still teaches Sunday School and is actively involved in charitable organizations.

Reagan (according to chief-of-staff, press secretary, daughter, associates) was superstitious, actively involved in astrology, included astrologers among his personal friends, scheduled trips and meetings based on his horoscope and rarely attended church.

None of this is conclusive proof, but it does highlight the fallacy of labeling one candidate as "a Christian" based on superficial appearances orchestrated by their campaign!

lighthouse99

n!

wow, you are really hopeless, it appears

no sense reading the rest of your post. Carter is NOT a Christian. He started out pro life but ditched that position for political reasons and self-advancement (ditto Jesse Jackson)

losers