cheap salvation

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Arrogance is what people who believe salvation is by works are about. See Ephesians 2:8-9 NASB.

You see this is what I mean by "cheap salvation spreader".

You are continually proving yourself to be one.

I am talking about your kind of salvation.

Your are being wishy washy. You are speaking from both sides of lips.

You are misusing the verse.

You seem to be saying that being obedient to Jesus will not save you.

How arrogant of you speaking against Jesus even though He says to obey Him.

Ben Masada

That's why I say the Christianity in the west is chaos because many of them don't seem to know how to be saved.

How about you Meshak? Do you happen to know how to be saved? If you do, we do together because we have learned from the same master who said that, to be aware of that fact, we all must listen to "Moses" aka the Law. Now, pen your Bible and read in Luke 16:29-31. If he was still around, we could all get together and follow the same master. John 3:2

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You see this is what I mean by "cheap salvation spreader".

You are continually proving yourself to be one.

I am talking about your kind of salvation.

Your are being wishy washy. You are speaking from both sides of lips.

You are misusing the verse.

You seem to be saying that being obedient to Jesus will not save you.

How arrogant of you speaking against Jesus even though He says to obey Him.
We are to obey Jesus. I say this as a believer. I believe it also applies to the unbeliever.

Does obedience to Jesus save anyone? Is it possible to obey Jesus completely and perfectly to be saved? Did He imply obedience to His commands will save anyone? Will it? Can anyone be saved by obedience to Jesus? I believe we are saved by faith. But this salvation means you are saved by what Jesus did not by your works. If salvation is by what Jesus did, how is that your works? We are still to obey Jesus.

Did Jesus say to obey Him so that some would and would be saved by so doing? Or, did Jesus say to obey Him so that people would realize they can't in that they are not saved and thereby able to obey or are not saved and obeying or are not saved and realizing they sin even though they are saved (is it possible?!)?

Are you saying that no one can be saved by being obedient to Jesus? If you are saying you can only be saved by being obedient to Jesus you might be saying this.

Or, a person can be saved by obeying Jesus or being obedient to Jesus. Has anyone ever been saved this way?

Matthew 5:20 NASB - 20 "For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Is this (following) about Gentiles?

Romans 3:21 NASB - 21 But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Oh, meshak, the most awesome, fantastic, incredible thing that can happen to a person is that God saves that person.

And the most awesome, fantastic, incredible feeling is the knowing that He has saved us.

When God saves a person, that person knows it and declares 'I am saved' because of Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary for me.

Praise God for His incredible grace and mercy toward a sinner such as myself.

Good post

Ben Masada

“There is a common, worldly kind of Christianity in this day, which many have- a cheap Christianity which offends nobody, and requires no sacrifice, which costs nothing, and is worth nothing.”
~JC Ryle

I agree with you Crucible, but because sacrifices were ordained to the Jewish People and not Christians. And to the Jews, only on a temporal basis while the Temple was in existence. Otherwise, it would be an act of idolatry.

Ben Masada

I am dedicating this thread for Christians who are spreading half truth about the gospel which appeal to the majority who want salvation but not accepting difficult and inconvenient word or commands of Jesus.

There are too many of them popping up here lately in addition to old members who are repeating the half truth messages.

Half truth gospel will not save anyone.

And I agree with you Meshak, and now understand the words of Jesus who he said that to achieve salvation, half truth is not the way but to listen to "Moses" aka the Law." (Luke 16:29-31)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
There is nothing cheap about 1 Corinthians 15:1-2, 3, 4 - the gospel of our salvation.

Nothing is cheap about the blood of Christ - Colossians 1:20 KJV -

It's not cheap and easy to believe and trust Jesus - Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV -

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
But you seem to think it is complicated. That's why you ask question such as "do you know how to be saved?"

And I have been repeating the threads about obedience to Jesus, and you still don't know whether I know how to be saved or not.

Here's what you don't like about Christianity:

1) The Apostle Paul and his writings.
2) People that attend a church.
3) The Gospel.
4) Most of the Bible you reject.
5) People who think they're saved.
6) People who think they are a real Christian.
7) People who think they're going to Heaven.
8) Anybody who preaches that works don't save.
9) People that preach God's Grace is through our faith.

You also hate the U.S. military.