Changed by TOL

Arthur Brain

You didn't watch it

Fair enough, I saw half the title and thought you were just 'driving by'. Hardly doing any favours to the likes of Glorydaz and Grosnick who make execrable comparisons with the Holocaust (for what exactly, who knows...) but that's no bad thing as that rubbish should be mocked all ends up anyway.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I think I have changed since joining TOL but people change anyway, with or without TOL. I confirmed my interpretations of scripture and I still learn everyday from others here. My political views have definitely changed, but that's because I finally started paying attention. I actually used to watch CNN but it would always make me angry because I could see they were lying and biased. I discovered FOX News and finally started hearing the truth. I was never on the internet before 2014, that has changed me also.

Arthur Brain

I think I have changed since joining TOL but people change anyway, with or without TOL. I confirmed my interpretations of scripture and I still learn everyday from others here. My political views have definitely changed, but that's because I finally started paying attention. I actually used to watch CNN but it would always make me angry because I could see they were lying and biased. I discovered FOX News and finally started hearing the truth. I was never on the internet before 2014, that has changed me also.

Dude, there's people who think 'infowars' is 'telling the truth'. You seem to view Trump as some venerable hero who actually gives a damn about folk like you. He doesn't. Truth be told, most politicians don't give a damn about the 'common people'.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Dude, there's people who think 'infowars' is 'telling the truth'. You seem to view Trump as some venerable hero who actually gives a damn about folk like you. He doesn't. Truth be told, most politicians don't give a damn about the 'common people'.
That's true, but Trump DOES care about ALL the people, much more than Obama, no doubt in my mind. He is gruff and controversial, old school if you will. He has good intentions and wants America to be better. People are ignoring some very good things going on here.

gcthomas

Shows that far left is incompatible with God doesn't it?

There are roughly as many left leaning Christians in the US as right leaning. So no, it doesn't show that at all. And in most countries (where the right wing political viewpoint is not treated as if it were a biblical revelation) they have mostly a Christian Left.

You spend too long in your bubble.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I was naive in how I normally gave people the benefit of the doubt EVEN when I disagreed with their viewpoint. Eh, live and learn.

Yeah. Live and learn. There's growth in that. :)

I'm still naive about a lot of things, but I've learned enough here that I'm a lot less trusting than I used to be.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
How many of you would say that you have changed...

...theologically, politically, etc....

...since you have been an active participator on TOL.

NOTE: This change need not be as a direct result of being on TOL (through the ideas and words of others), although those stories, I think, would be the most interesting.

Thanks.
I like your GUNS thread. :)
Not so much changed as reinforced. I have looked at things closer. Like prophecy regarding Israel, on urging from Clete and StP. And doing a better job of seperating what Paul said from those things.
My position on Acts has changed at TOL. Big time.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
An oldie but rather reminiscent of the current social, religious and political environment.

While some things will never change insofar as my being an advocate supporter of the DP and vehemently against abortion, I have recently considered several key issues over the last year and half.

Gun laws ... need to be stricter. Too many loons.

Hate speech, hate crime laws and legislation ... I am now a full supporter of these things. My position was previously based on two issues: freedom of thought/speech and not wishing to bow to the mantra of political correctness. HOWEVER, seeing the hostility, attempts at voter suppression and the racial violence that was emboldened due to this last presidential election and followed into the White House, I now understand the concern and need for such laws. BTW, *White* House. It currently fits.

I use to be for "school choice" under the banner of helping kids go to private school under the circumstance that it not take away from the public school system. No more. Thank you, Betsy De Vos.

Healthcare .... REAL healthcare. For ALL. Lower to no premiums. Use the money put aside for the ridiculous wall.

No doubt, I will think of more and add them later ...

Of course you are no longer for rational laws. Youve moved far left due to your hatred of the president. Youve left sound thinking behind for blind hatred.

gcthomas

Of course you are no longer for rational laws. Youve moved far left due to your hatred of the president. Youve left sound thinking behind for blind hatred.

I can understand why you don't like her proposals, but claiming they are irrational just sounds like an excuse not to consider then rationally. What specifically is irrational about each proposal?