Catholics Must Submit their Mind, Will, and Intellect to Papal Authority

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
If you believed that Christ did not rise from the dead, could you still call yourself Christian?

Everyone calls himself a Christian (Mt 7:22-23). :blabla: You will know them by their fruits (Mt 7:20). :sherlock:

I posted a paper that touches on this today: "Men must believe in a: physical, literal, bodily resurrection of Jesus..." Full text: My question relates to the various forms of our triune God...

Recommended reading:

The Kingdom of the Cults by Walter Martin and Ravi Zacharias

glassjester

"Men must believe in a: physical, literal, bodily resurrection of Jesus..."

Agreed.

So someone who doesn't believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus would be wrong to call himself a Christian?

Calling oneself "Christian" implies certain beliefs, and excludes certain beliefs. Do you agree?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Agreed. So someone who doesn't believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus would be wrong to call himself a Christian?
He would be in error (Ga 5:9). He may or may not know that he errs: Evil people and impostors will become worse, deceiving and being deceived (2 Ti 3:12–13, emphasis mine). Many will be shocked--shocked to learn that they aren't the real deal. :burnlib:

"Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile." ~ Billy Sunday

Calling oneself "Christian" implies certain beliefs, and excludes certain beliefs. Do you agree?
Yes, that's why I recommended the book. It helps to explain what beliefs put one outside the kingdom of God (Ga 5:9).

glassjester

He would be in error (Ga 5:9).

Yes, that's why I recommended the book. It helps to explain what beliefs put one outside the kingdom of God (Ga 5:9).

Yes, I agree.
And there's nothing inherently wrong with a group having defining characteristics.
In fact, if it didn't, there would be no group to speak of.

If there weren't certain, specific beliefs that Christians did or didn't have, then calling oneself "Christian" would be completely meaningless.

...right?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Agreed.

So someone who doesn't believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus would be wrong to call himself a Christian?

Christians are supposed to be Jesus' followers.

So if you claim to be His follower or christian, you need to follow what He teaches.

It is not about what you claim. It is about His word.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus' teachings are in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John in the New Testament.

Do you know that?

Ben Masada

Jesus' teachings are in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John in the New Testament Do you know that?

Yes, I do but you don't. Jesus himself implied that his teaching were for the Jews and not for Gentiles. If you don't believe what I am saying, read Mat. 10:5,6. By the way, he implied that he had not come for the Gentiles but rather for the Jews. (Mat. 15:24)

Ben Masada

It's sad that you really have no idea what any of that actually means, however.

It's sad that you being in this forum for a long time, still don't know that we are here to teach each other what we don't know. If you know better than I do, what is taking you so long to tell us what things mean?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yes, I do but you don't. Jesus himself implied that his teaching were for the Jews and not for Gentiles. If you don't believe what I am saying, read Mat. 10:5,6. By the way, he implied that he had not come for the Gentiles but rather for the Jews. (Mat. 15:24)

Stop addressing me you big liar.

I just reported you.