Can I say that there is no penalty for sin?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No punishment. He paid the price for your sin.

Did Jesus die for all sins?
by Matt Slick
11/27/13

In one sense Jesus died for all sins, but in another, he did not. He died for all the sins of anyone who trusts in him; otherwise, a person could not be saved from God's righteous judgment. But, in another sense, Jesus did not die for blasphemy of the Holy Spirit because that is unforgivable. "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven," (Matt. 12:31). Some people say that Jesus did not die for unbelief, but that can't be true because there are plenty of people who did not believe in Jesus but then did believe later. If it was unforgivable, then anyone who did not believe in Jesus could ever later be saved.

When we are speaking of Christians, we say that Jesus paid for all of their sins; past, present, and future. 1 Peter 2:24 says that Jesus bore our sins in his body on the cross. Therefore, we have to conclude that Jesus bore all of our sins. This means that every sin you committed that you are aware of, as well as unaware of, has been paid for by the Lord Jesus. God, who knows all things (1 John 3:20), knows every sin you have committed and will commit. In order for you to be saved, every sin that you will ever be guilty of was paid for by Jesus on the cross.

Nevertheless, there is a debate within Christianity as to whether or not Jesus paid for the sins of those who are in hell. Some say that he did, but because they did not trust in Christ as Savior, then forgiveness was not given to them. Others (Calvinists) say that Jesus only paid for the sins of those who are redeemed; otherwise, there are people in hell whose sins have been paid for. Whichever position you hold, you must understand that the only way to be forgiven of your sins is for Jesus to pay for them, and you must trust in what he has done on the cross as a sacrifice. So, if you are a believer, then Jesus has most definitely paid for all of your sins. But, as I stated above, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is unforgivable. Therefore, Jesus did not pay for that sin.

If by chance you are a Christian who is concerned if you have committed the sin of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, don't worry. If you're concerned about it, then you have not committed it because it would mean your sins were not forgiven and the Holy Spirit would not be in you convicting you.

A penalty and a price are different. Is there a penalty for sin, believer or not?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A penalty and a price are different. Is there a penalty for sin, believer or not?

The question has already been answered. The penalty for sin has been paid. The price was the blood of the Savior. What else needs to be said?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you don't believe it there is nothing I can do for you. You have been given all the Scriptures. Study them and see for yourself.

I accept all scripture. I am talking about the word penalty in relation to the Law or God's commands. You are talking about a price that has been paid and I don't see that language in the Bible.

Aimiel

The penalty for sin is: death. Sin separates us from God. We lose fellowship with Him. He cannot abide sin. When we sin, we lose the anointing. When Adam and Eve sinned: they lost fellowship with God. That's what was lost. Jesus came to seek and to save that which was lost. He came to give us an open door for fellowship with God. If we are saved we are capable of having fellowship with God. Many don't, but we can hear His Voice, if we just sit still and listen. I believe that hearing directly from God is the single most overlooked lesson that every single Christian needs to learn.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How is there a price for sin but not a penalty?

You have not paid attention to this thread at all. All I can say now is;

2 Timothy 2:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The penalty for sin is: death. Sin separates us from God. We lose fellowship with Him. He cannot abide sin. When we sin, we lose the anointing. When Adam and Eve sinned: they lost fellowship with God. That's what was lost. Jesus came to seek and to save that which was lost. He came to give us an open door for fellowship with God. If we are saved we are capable of having fellowship with God. Many don't, but we can hear His Voice, if we just sit still and listen. I believe that hearing directly from God is the single most overlooked lesson that every single Christian needs to learn.

There is sin and there are sins. If a person has sin or breaks one commandment it is sin. If they have broken more than one commandment then they have sins.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You have not paid attention to this thread at all. All I can say now is;

2 Timothy 2:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

I have reread for your scriptures, including the article that you posted. Very good scripture, but you are still not answering my question.

Thread: Penalty. The existence of a penalty for breaking a law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Can I present the gospel to someone and say that if they believe they are forgiven their sin and will not be punished for it?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think that I can still be punished for my sins, whether by God or by man.

That is lie from the pit of hell!

Romans 8:1 King James Version (KJV)
8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.