Buddhism VS an Eternal Family

1PeaceMaker

Christ's love/Spirit empowers us. It brings reconciliation between us and Him and intimacy relationaly with Him.

Yes.

The Father's love bringing together parent and child in the Eternal Family, and reuniting brothers and sisters, as well.

Speaking of who we are Jesus said two important things;

But Jesus said, "Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

And said, "Truly I say to you, Except you be converted, and become as little children, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."

It's about going home to our Father and a reunion of love in the Family of God. Also see Matt 7:12

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Because we are called to defend against anything that sets itself up against Christ. Buddhism leads people to believe Christ is not necessary.

can you show me how?

It is a philosophy that uses the wisdom taught by Buddha to achieve enightment and wisdom and very much depends upon the self and Buddha's teaching. There is no love. .

that doesn't show me how
but
it is a good thing
if
someone shows you how to achieve enlightenment

Jamie Gigliotti

with enlightenment
you figure out the way yourself
and
not accept the next false teacher
that
comes your way

The key word in your statement, 'yourself'. And that is where the danger lies. The Eight Fold path is all about the self. Ones own effort. It plays right into the hands of the pride of man. My thoughts are that Buddha's greatest sin was His pride that He did not need the God that loves Him.

Earlier you said something like, ' just take out the good'. That doesn't work. People are swayed by lies. That is very obvious.

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The key word in your statement, 'yourself'. And that is where the danger lies. The Right Fold path is all about the self. Ones own effort. It plays right into the hands of the pride of man. My thoughts are that Buddha's greatest sin was His pride that He did not need the God that loves Him.

Earlier you said something like, ' just take out the good'. That doesn't work. People are swayed by lies. That is very obvious.

okay
so
who is going to lead you?
who has the authority to lead you?
who has the credibility to lead you?
if
you can't decide for yourself

Jamie Gigliotti

okay
so
if

"When the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth..." John 16:13

Before I had fellowship (an intimate relationship) with God through Christ and His Spirit I understood nothing, I knew nothing of His love; nothing of Him. I knew only darkness even though I though of myself as a Christian.

1PeaceMaker

okay
so
if

Buddhists have no self, nor a belief in self. In fact, their whole effort is on nullifying the illusion of self in favor of "blissful" individuality-free oblivion, which they call Nirvana. (also known as "extinguishing")

The Buddhist Nirvana is what is already promised in the Bible, to the wicked. It's also known as death or outer darkness.

Actually, the literal translation of "Nirvana" is "blown out" - as in what you do to a candle.

So you want Nirvana? Easy! Be a Buddhist or anything else.

I'll pass!