Bragging

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Proverbs 27 [Full Chapter]

Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. Let someone else praise you, and not your own mouth; an outsider, and not your own lips. Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but a fool’s provocation is heavier than both. ...

There are some christians bragging their education.

It is not a good witness to the world for Jesus' followers.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus' followers are supposed to be humble and strive to be like Jesus.

And Jesus certainly do not advocate bragging for His followers because they have responsibility to be strive to be godly like Jesus.

And bragging is not a good characteristic for being godly.

gcthomas

Education is a measure of what you have been taught in the past, not how you think now, and what you do is far more important that what has been done to you.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Gal 6:14 But I will never brag about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of his cross, the world is dead as far as I am concerned, and I am dead as far as the world is concerned.- CEV

Gal 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.- KJV

kauchaomai- boast, brag, glory

Epoisses

More works-righteousness from Meshak! If I don't brag that means I'm good now. When will the poor babes sucking the milk ever grow up? Bragging is not the problem - your persistent and deliberate unbelief in the gospel is the real problem.

drbrumley

Gal 6:14 But I will never brag about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of his cross, the world is dead as far as I am concerned, and I am dead as far as the world is concerned.- CEV

Gal 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.- KJV

You know how much she HATES the APOSTLE Paul...

But that was a great choice for rebuttal :up:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I started this thread because gcThomas was insulted by certain Christian.

And he straitened out this Christian's supposition about his education.

You guys ought to stop your enemy posters with that kind of behavior.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

Misusing the scripture for self-righteousness.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
You guys ought to stop your enemy posters with that kind of behavior.

Enemy posters? I do not have any enemy posters, if you disagree, then have them tell me. You are not my enemy are you? I am not your enemy.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Enemy posters? I do not have any enemy posters, if you disagree, then have them tell me. You are not my enemy are you? I am not your enemy.

I am not talking about you.

Some Christians try to silence Christians who don't agree with their faith.

That's not how we should treat each other.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I have absolutely no personal righteousness whereby GOD can approve of me.

Only Christ's imputed righteousness will do.

Have you received it yet?

It's free.

Yes, I have and being in Christ, I can sleep tonight and not worry if I wake up.

Heaven is perfect happiness, so there will be lots of golf in heaven, swimming too end restaurants where you never gain weight.