Theology Club: Bob Enyart's "The Plot" is he right?

Right Divider

Body part
Now we know what you think of the Scriptures!
Another of Jerry's FALSE ACCUSATION against a brother in Christ. Quite the Christian brother you are.

I should have been more specific and should have said those in the Body (except the Twelve) will judge the world (except for the Twelve Tribes) and only the Twelve will judge the tribes of Israel.
Why do YOU SEPARATE the TWELVE from OTHER members of the BODY OF CHRIST?

You preach FALSE doctrine Jerry.

Jerry Shugart

Another of Jerry's FALSE ACCUSATION against a brother in Christ. Quite the Christian brother you are.

I have witnessed you time after time running and hiding from the Scriptures so I can understand that your attitude about them is blah, blah and more blah.

Why do YOU SEPARATE the TWELVE from OTHER members of the BODY OF CHRIST?

All I did was to point out the "service" of the Twelve during the kingdom will be different from the other members. You have provided no evidence that every person in the Body will serve the Lord in exactly the same way.

You preach FALSE doctrine Jerry.

I preach that both those who plant and water while ministering to those in the Body of Christ are both in the Body of Christ:

"Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one"
(1 Cor.3:5-8).​

According to your ideas Paul planted and Apollos watered and are both "one" but Apollos is not in the Body of Christ.

There was ONE believing remnant in the first century.

You finally got something right! Now let us look at what happened to that one believing remnant:

"For He is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; having abolished in His flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in Himself of twain one new man, so making peace. And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby" (Eph. 2:14-16).

The two groups of which Paul refers to here are the believing remnant and the believing Gentiles.

All of them, including to the Twelve, are members of the Body of Christ.

Right Divider

Body part
I have witnessed you time after time running and hiding from the Scriptures so I can understand that your attitude about them is blah, blah and more blah.
Nonsense Jerry. I just don't follow YOUR interpretation, so you have to bash me.

All I did was to point out the "service" of the Twelve during the kingdom will be different from the other members. You have provided no evidence that every person in the Body will serve the Lord in exactly the same way.
I don't need to. YOU are the one that is jumping through hoops to say that the TWELVE are "in the body" and YET have some different role to play than others in the body. What possible connection can there be that SOME (only TWELVE) members of the BODY OF CHRIST are to judge the TWELVE tribes of Israel?

I preach that both those who plant and water while ministering to those in the Body of Christ are both in the Body of Christ:

"Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one"
(1 Cor.3:5-8).​

According to your ideas Paul planted and Apollos watered and are both "one" but Apollos is not in the Body of Christ.
Why does Apollos NEED to be in the Body of Christ to PREACH to the body of Christ body doctrine?

Paul preached in synagogues, but that does not make him a Jew under the law.

There are DIFFERENT ways that someone can "be one". Like preaching the SAME information.

This does NOT require membership in the body of Christ.

You finally got something right! Now let us look at what happened to that one believing remnant:

"For He is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; having abolished in His flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in Himself of twain one new man, so making peace. And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby" (Eph. 2:14-16).

The two groups of which Paul refers to here are the believing remnant and the believing Gentiles.

All of them, including to the Twelve, are members of the Body of Christ.
The believing remnant of Israel does not another set of doctrine to mash with their own, as you attempt to force them to do.

The Lord sent the TWELVE to baptize and the Lord sent Paul NOT to baptize. So which doctrine does the mashed BoC follow?

Jerry Shugart

The believing remnant of Israel does not another set of doctrine to mash with their own, as you attempt to force them to do.

So that is your answer to the following passage which speaks of both the believing remnant and the Gentiles believers being made members of the Body of Christ?:

"For He is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; having abolished in His flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in Himself of twain one new man, so making peace. And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby" (Eph. 2:14-16).​

You do admit that there was only one remnant in the first century:

There was ONE believing remnant in the first century.

Yes, and those belonging to that remnant were made members of the Body of Christ:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

Both Ephesians 2:14-16 and 1 Corinthians 12:13 demonstrate that members of that ONE remnant were all baptized into the Body of Christ! That means that the Twelve are in the Body of Christ.

Right Divider

Body part
So that is your answer to the following passage which speaks of both the believing remnant and the Gentiles believers being made members of the Body of Christ?:
"For He is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; having abolished in His flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in Himself of twain one new man, so making peace. And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby" (Eph. 2:14-16).​

You do admit that there was only one remnant in the first century:

Yes, and those belonging to that remnant were made members of the Body of Christ:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

Both Ephesians 2:14-16 and 1 Corinthians 12:13 demonstrate that members of that ONE remnant were all baptized into the Body of Christ! That means that the Twelve are in the Body of Christ.
Was Abraham in the body of Christ? Are all believer of all time in the body of Christ?

Was everything that Jesus told the twelve cancelled? Except that they will judge the twelve tribes of Israel?

Jerry Shugart

Was Abraham in the body of Christ? Are all believer of all time in the body of Christ?

It is revealed that it was the Cross which made it possible for both the remnant and the believing Gentiles to be made members of the Body of Christ. Of course since you continue to run and hide from the following passage you must not be aware of what is written in "bold" there:

"For He is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; having abolished in His flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in Himself of twain one new man, so making peace. And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby"
(Eph. 2:14-16).​

Was everything that Jesus told the twelve cancelled? Except that they will judge the twelve tribes of Israel?

They were told that they would partake of the blessings which will happen at the rapture. The Apostle John wrote:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is" (1 Jn.3:2).​

Those who received John's epistles were taught that they might be alive when the Lord Jesus appears--"when he shall appear...we shall see him as he is."

They were also taught that "when he shall appear... we shall be like him."

The events of which are spoken of at 1 John 3:2 John can only be in regard to the rapture. And according to Paul Sadler, the past President of the Berean Bible Society, only the members of the Body of Christ will be raptured:

"The 'secret' resurrection that will take place at the Rapture should never be confused with the 'first' resurrection at the Second Coming of Christ. Those who rightly divide the Word of truth now see that only the members of the Body of Christ will be raised at the Rapture"
[emphasis mine] (Sadler, Exploring the Unsearchable Riches of Christ [Stephens Point, WI: Worzalla Publishing Co., 1993], 167).​

Those who received John's epistle expected that they might be alive at the Lord Jesus'appearing and they would receive bodies just like His. This was a "mystery" truth and it had nothing to do with the "first resurrection" of which Sadler spoke and therefore had nothing to do with prophecy:

"Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed" (1 Cor.15:51-52).​

Right Divider

Body part
It is revealed that it was the Cross which made it possible for both the remnant and the believing Gentiles to be made members of the Body of Christ. Of course since you continue to run and hide from the following passage you must not be aware of what is written in "bold" there:

"For He is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; having abolished in His flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in Himself of twain one new man, so making peace. And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby"
(Eph. 2:14-16).​
So you won't answer that simple question? Was Abraham in the body of Christ?

What is the body of Christ and WHEN did God reveal it?

They were told that they would partake of the blessings which will happen at the rapture. The Apostle John wrote:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is" (1 Jn.3:2).​

Those who received John's epistles were taught that they might be alive when the Lord Jesus appears--"when he shall appear...we shall see him as he is."

They were also taught that "when he shall appear... we shall be like him."

The events of which are spoken of at 1 John 3:2 John can only be in regard to the rapture. And according to Paul Sadler, the past President of the Berean Bible Society, only the members of the Body of Christ will be raptured:

"The 'secret' resurrection that will take place at the Rapture should never be confused with the 'first' resurrection at the Second Coming of Christ. Those who rightly divide the Word of truth now see that only the members of the Body of Christ will be raised at the Rapture"
[emphasis mine] (Sadler, Exploring the Unsearchable Riches of Christ [Stephens Point, WI: Worzalla Publishing Co., 1993], 167).​
Paul Sadler also thinks that the body of Christ is "under the umbrella of the new covenant". You should quit following confused folks.

http://graceambassadors.com/prophecy/new-covenant/a-strange-teaching-on-the-new-testament

Those who received John's epistle expected that they might be alive at the Lord Jesus'appearing and they would receive bodies just like His. This was a "mystery" truth and it had nothing to do with the "first resurrection" of which Sadler spoke and therefore had nothing to do with prophecy:
"Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed" (1 Cor.15:51-52).​
Once AGAIN, the CATCHING AWAY was first revealed to PAUL.

John knew NOTHING about it.

Jerry Shugart

So you won't answer that simple question? Was Abraham in the body of Christ?

No!

It was first revealed by Paul but that does not change the fact that Paul himself said that others were in Christ before he was:

"Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in (en) Christ before me"
(Ro.16:7).​

The primary meaning of the Greek word en is "in the interior of some whole" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

The interior of some whole is in regard to the interior of the Body of Christ, and Paul makes it plain that when the words "in Christ" are used it is in regard to the Body of Christ:

"So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another" (Ro.12:5).​

Paul Sadler also thinks that the body of Christ is "under the umbrella of the new covenant". You should quit following confused folks.

It was Sadler who was President of the Berean Bible Society when their teaching was changed from the Twelve being in the Body to not being in the Body. It is you who is following confused folks.

Besides that, my quote of Sadler was in regard to him saying that no one but those in the Body will be caught up at the rapture. Are you saying that he was wrong about that? Are you arguing that the mystery truth spoken of here includes others besides those in the Body of Christ?:

"Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed"
(1 Cor.15:51-52).​

Right Divider

Body part
Why not? You seem to think that the twelve were retroactively put into the body, why not Abraham too?

It was first revealed by Paul but that does not change the fact that Paul himself said that others were in Christ before he was:

"Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in (en) Christ before me"
(Ro.16:7).​

The primary meaning of the Greek word en is "in the interior of some whole" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

The interior of some whole is in regard to the interior of the Body of Christ, and Paul makes it plain that when the words "in Christ" are used it is in regard to the Body of Christ:
"So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another" (Ro.12:5).​
Once AGAIN, there is more than one way to be IN CHRIST.

It was Sadler who was President of the Berean Bible Society when their teaching was changed from the Twelve being in the Body to not being in the Body. It is you who is following confused folks.
I don't follow Paul Sadler nor QUOTE him.... unlike you.

Besides that, my quote of Sadler was in regard to him saying that no one but those in the Body will be caught up at the rapture. Are you saying that he was wrong about that? Are you arguing that the mystery truth spoken of here includes others besides those in the Body of Christ?:

"Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed"
(1 Cor.15:51-52).​
The body of Christ is distinct from the beveling nation of Israel with its twelve tribes.

Since James is writing directly to you, which tribe are you?

Jerry Shugart

Why not? You seem to think that the twelve were retroactively put into the body, why not Abraham too?

There were Jewish believers who were in the Body of Christ before Paul was. Nothing about it was retroactive.

Once AGAIN, there is more than one way to be IN CHRIST.

Where is your evidence from the Scriptures?

I don't follow Paul Sadler nor QUOTE him.... unlike you.

Do you think he was in error when he wrote that only those in the Body of Christ will take part in the rapture?

The body of Christ is distinct from the beveling nation of Israel with its twelve tribes.

Yes, but the nation of Israel was temporarily set aside. You must think that the Twelve went down with the sinking ship!

Paul revealed it first. The Body of Christ is made up of those who have been made alive together with Christ:

"even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Eph.2:5-6).​

This speaks of the Christian's total identification with the Lord Jesus, a truth which is true for only those who are in the Body of Christ. Our life which is in Christ is the same thing spoken of in the following passage:

"If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory"
(Col.3:1-4).​

"Christ is our life" and our "your life is hid with Christ in God." The facts cannot be more clear. The lives of those in the Body of Christ is in the Lord Jesus Christ. And that is exactly what John wrote here:

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son"
(1 Jn.5:11).​

Right Divider

Body part
Here is what you said:

In your argument to deny that the Twelve belong to the Body you attempted to tie them to the nation of Israel, as anyone can see.
"Tie them to the nation of Israel"? You are INCREDIBLY dishonest in our "dialog".

Were they NOT the BELIEVING REMNANT OF ISRAEL? I do NOT "tie them to the nation of Israel", they ARE the nation of Israel.

Once AGAIN... a REMNANT is THAT WHICH REMAINS.... Remains of WHAT? The NATION OF ISRAEL.

I asked you if you believe that Sadler was in error when he wrote that only those in the Body of Christ will be raptured. Yes or no?
The catching away is ONLY found in Paul's epistles, those epistles for the body of Christ.

I certainly do not believe that the remnant remained a part of a nation of Israel. What do you think happened to the "one" remnant?
So you reject the actual meaning of the WORD REMNANT.

So much for anyone being able intelligently converse with you!

Right Divider

Body part
So the Twelve and the rest of the remnant remained with the nation of Israel even after that nation was temporarily set aside?
WITH the nation of Israel?.... no, they ARE the nation of Israel. The REMNANT (remainder) of Israel scattered abroad and not terminated.

Your notion of the "setting aside" is your problem.

Jerry Shugart

WITH the nation of Israel?.... no, they ARE the nation of Israel. The REMNANT (remainder) of Israel scattered abroad and not terminated.

Your notion of the "setting aside" is your problem.

So even though Paul said that the nation of Israel had been temporarily set aside that nation remained? Here are Paul's words in the same chapter when he spoke of the remnant as well as the nation of Israel being cast aside:

"For if their having been cast aside has carried with it the reconciliation of the world, what will their being accepted again be but Life out of death?" (Ro.11:15).​

Right Divider

Body part
So even though Paul said that the nation of Israel had been temporarily set aside that nation remained? Here are Paul's words in the same chapter when he spoke of the remnant as well as the nation of Israel being cast aside:

"For if their having been cast aside has carried with it the reconciliation of the world, what will their being accepted again be but Life out of death?" (Ro.11:15).​
Always back to a favorite verse that must be interpreted your way.

Did you not even read the beginning of the chapter?

Rom 11:1-7 KJV I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. (2) God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying, (3) Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. (4) But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal. (5) Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. (6) And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. (7) What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

You understand this about as well as you understand James 1:1.... not at all.

Jerry Shugart

Always back to a favorite verse that must be interpreted your way.

Did you not even read the beginning of the chapter?

Rom 11:1-7 KJV I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. (2) God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying, (3) Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. (4) But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal. (5) Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. (6) And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. (7) What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

You understand this about as well as you understand James 1:1.... not at all.

Paul said that Israel has not been cast away. However, the following translation seems to indicate that He had cast them AWAY:

"For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?" (Ro.11:15; KJV).​

This translation of Paul's words here directly contradicts what Paul said earlier, that the Lord "has not cast away" national Israel. A better translation is this one:.

"For if their having been cast aside has carried with it the reconciliation of the world, what will their being accepted again be but Life out of death? (Ro.11:15; WNT).​

The words "cast aside" here are translated from the Greek word apobole, and a form of that word (apoballo) is translated "throwing aside" in the following verse:

"And throwing aside his garment, he rose and came to Jesus"
(Mk.10:50; NKJV).​

A blind man named Bartimaeus was sitting and begging in Jericho when the Lord Jesus entered that city. Bartimaeus cried out, saying, "Jesus, Thou Son of David, have mercy on me" (v.48). The crowd told him to stand up because Jesus was calling him. This motivated him to "throw aside" his outer cloak which was spread out before him to collect alms and to rise and to come to the Lord.

Bartimaeus did not "cast away" his garment, but instead he cast it aside in order to facilitate his movement of rising. And the same is true in regard to the Lord and national Israel. Since they would not come to Him in faith He would temporarily cast aside Israel as his agent in order to bring the truth of God to the Gentiles by Paul.

And that explains the following verses directed at the Gentile believers:

"For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief"
(Ro.11:30).​

Due to the unbelief of national Israel Paul was made the "apostle to the Gentiles" and his preaching the "gospel of grace" to the Gentiles resulted in their "obtaining mercy".

Now that I have answered that perhaps you will answer a simple question for me about this verse:

"For if their having been cast aside has carried with it the reconciliation of the world, what will their being accepted again be but Life out of death? (Ro.11:15; WNT).​

Who has been cast aside?

Right Divider

Body part
Paul said that Israel has not been cast away. However, the following translation seems to indicate that He had cast them AWAY:
"For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?" (Ro.11:15; KJV).​

This translation of Paul's words here directly contradicts what Paul said earlier, that the Lord "has not cast away" national Israel. A better translation is this one:.

The words "cast aside" here are translated from the Greek word apobole, and a form of that word (apoballo) is translated "throwing aside" in the following verse:

"And throwing aside his garment, he rose and came to Jesus"
(Mk.10:50; NKJV).​

A blind man named Bartimaeus was sitting and begging in Jericho when the Lord Jesus entered that city. Bartimaeus cried out, saying, "Jesus, Thou Son of David, have mercy on me" (v.48). The crowd told him to stand up because Jesus was calling him. This motivated him to "throw aside" his outer cloak which was spread out before him to collect alms and to rise and to come to the Lord.

Bartimaeus did not "cast away" his garment, but instead he cast it aside in order to facilitate his movement of rising. And the same is true in regard to the Lord and national Israel. Since they would not come to Him in faith He would temporarily cast aside Israel as his agent in order to bring the truth of God to the Gentiles by Paul.

And that explains the following verses directed at the Gentile believers:

"For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief"
(Ro.11:30).​

Due to the unbelief of national Israel Paul was made the "apostle to the Gentiles" and his preaching the "gospel of grace" to the Gentiles resulted in their "obtaining mercy".

Now that I have answered that perhaps you will answer a simple question for me about this verse:

Who has been cast aside?
So....AGAIN... when did the body of Christ BEGIN and WHO was its first member?

How does the "casting aside" of Israel affect the TWELVE (and their followers)?

Was John the Baptizer in the body of Christ?

Why are the TWELVE "different" members of the body of Christ? (as you have claimed on a number of occasions).

You say that the body of Christ will judge Gentiles, EXCEPT the TWELVE.... why are they in this "different" category? Are they the only ones?

Jerry Shugart

How does the "casting aside" of Israel affect the TWELVE (and their followers)?

In my last post I asked you one question, and that one question was about the following verse:

Who has been cast aside?

I take it by your question above that your answer is that it was Israel which was cast aside.

Is that true? You now realize that Israel was indeed cast aside?

To answer your question, since Israel was cast aside, the Twelve and the rest of the believing Jews were made members of the Body of Christ. And according to Paul there were others in the Body of Christ before he was (Ro.16:7) so it is evident that the believing Jews were those who were in the Body before Paul. And the following words of Paul prove that they were indeed made members of the Body of Christ.

"But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby" (Eph.2:13-16).​

There can be no doubt that in this passage that Paul is speaking about two groups of people and those two groups are the believing Jews (including the Twelve) and the believing Gentiles.

So all of the believers living in the first century, both the Gentiles and Jews, were baptized into the Body of Christ by the time when Paul wrote what he did at Ephesians 2:13-14.