BlessU-2! Second Coming Has Arrived for the Cults!

Finally, the lord of the cults, for the many who dispute and don't believe doctrines of the Holy Bible: the god of the slice, dice, add and subtract long awaited? Your lord has arrived! Surprisingly, it is not the Lord of the Flies. Not surprisingly, the second coming is neither a he, she, rather an it, of optional gender, naturally. Or is that unnaturally?

Finally! The cult god is among us, in person, to be consulted and issue blessings to the faithful. You Jehovah's Witnesses? It doesn't claim any deity. Adventists? Everyday is Saturday to it. Catholics? Well, why not? (Hey, Francis! Is this ecumenical or what?) To you Hebrew roots types, there's no indication in the article whether Torah is written on to its firmware, but it is surely compliant with a tiny subset of the law.

Roll over, Martin...

Screen-Shot-2017-05-29-at-150046.jpg

Robot 'preacher' can beam light from its hands and give automated blessings to worshippers

The robot wishes users a "warm welcome" before asking them if they want to be blessed by a male or female voice

A robot 'preacher' that beams lights from its hands and can give automated blessings to the faithful has been launched in the town that gave fame to Martin Luther and the Protestant Reformation.

Five hundred years after Luther published the Ninety-five Theses in Wittenberg, kicking off the Reformation, an evangelical church launched a unique automated blessing robot for the special celebrations in the historic town located in the German state of Saxony-Anhalt.

The robot on show in the old town of Wittenberg is called "BlessU-2" and was developed by the Evangelical Church in Hesse and Nassau.

It consists of a metal box with a touch screen, two arms on the side, a head with eyes and a digital mouth at the top.

After the robot wishes users a "warm welcome", it asks them if they want to be blessed by a male or female voice.

It then asks the believer "what blessing do you want", which results in the robot making a mechanical sound as it raises its arms to the heavens and starts to smile.

Lights then start to flash in the robot's arms as it says "God bless and protect you" and recites a biblical verse.

Link: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/robot-priest-can-beam-light-10523678

(It was probably too scary to mention what Bible translation it recites from.)

Robert Pate

Banned
What a hideous looking thing. I wonder what it cost to get a blessing from that stupid looking thing. The Catholic church used to charge their parishioners for blessings and other indulgences. I heard of a Catholic woman that paid a priest $20,000 to pray her dead husband out of purgatory.

Nanja

The Catholic church used to charge their parishioners for blessings and other indulgences. I heard of a Catholic woman that paid a priest $20,000 to pray her dead husband out of purgatory.

Yet, you yourself, just like them, are immersed in false religion by works you do to get yourself saved.

No difference from those Catholics. Ya'll are in the same sinking boat!

The scriptures attest to the fact that many John 17:2 are Saved according to God's Grace alone!

Eph. 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

2 Tim. 1:8-9
8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Heb. 4:3
For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

What a hideous looking thing. I wonder what it cost to get a blessing from that stupid looking thing. The Catholic church used to charge their parishioners for blessings and other indulgences. I heard of a Catholic woman that paid a priest $20,000 to pray her dead husband out of purgatory.

Yes, pretty hideous, a face only a mainframe could love. You may have hit on something there! They could even make it Father BlessU-2 (if you can call sinful men Father or Holy Father, why not a computer?), install card readers and link it to the Vatican Bank, make the old indulgence sellers look like pikers. They could offer a "One Foot Out of Purgatory at a Time" installment plan, like they do battery operated, combination sausage grinders and emergency flashlights for travel or whatever at QVC. You could have an option for it to confess and count your beads for you, for a small fee, of course. The time has come for artificial intelligence to enter the realm of artificial religion! Add legs, and it could go door to door for Jehovah's Witnesses, preaching Christ-lite.

2 Peter 2:1-3 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.