Blasphemy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
How often does Jesus compare the Holy Spirit to an individual person?

A. Once
B. Twice
C. Never

Does anyone know?
More that once Jamie the lame.
Joh 14:16-17 KJV And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; (17) Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Joh 14:26 KJV But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
HE and HIM are PERSONAL PRONOUNS.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It's the holy spirit.
It is described like a fountain of water within your heart.

John 7:38-39

Yes, Jesus always symbolizes the Holy Spirit as a non-person. In this case the Holy Spirit flows out of a human being.

Peter quoted Joel's prophecy about God's Spirit being poured out on all flesh. (Acts 2:17-18)(Joel 2:28-29)

God said through Ezekiel that he would pour out his Spirit on the house of Israel. (Ezekiel 39:29)

God's Spirit belongs to God and is imparted to humans by the authority of Jesus Christ.

daqq

Joh 14:16-17 KJV And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; (17) Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Joh 14:26 KJV But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
HE and HIM are PERSONAL PRONOUNS.

Yet the entire discourse is the Passover Seder and includes this statement:

John 16:25 KJV
25. These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: [paroimias] but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, [paroimias] but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

GSN3942 παροιμία
paroimia
par-oy-mee'-ah
From a compound of G3844 and perhaps a derivative of G3633; apparently a state alongside of supposition, that is, (concretely) an adage; specifically an enigmatical or fictitious illustration: - parable, proverb.

And the above is spoken in the same context, (see John 16:13).
Yes, personal pronouns are used in parables, proverbs, and analogies. :)

Right Divider

Body part
Yes, Jesus always symbolizes the Holy Spirit as a non-person. In this case the Holy Spirit flows out of a human being.

Peter quoted Joel's prophecy about God's Spirit being poured out on all flesh. (Acts 2:17-18)(Joel 2:28-29)

God said through Ezekiel that he would pour out his Spirit on the house of Israel. (Ezekiel 39:29)

God's Spirit belongs to God and is imparted to humans by the authority of Jesus Christ.
No, Jesus does NOT always do that.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4594969&postcount=21

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No, Jesus does NOT always do that.

A male lamb or goat can be referred to as "he" but that does not mean it is a person.

Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year. You may take it from the sheep or from the goats. (Exodus 12:5 NKJV)​

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
A male lamb or goat can be referred to as "he" but that does not mean it is a person.

Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year. You may take it from the sheep or from the goats. (Exodus 12:5 NKJV)​

Now you liken the Holy Ghost to a sheep and a goat ?

Right Divider

Body part
You are just SOOOOO stuck on your false doctrine that you'll say ANYTHING to support it!

A HE goat IS a PERSON, just NOT a HUMAN person.

You are as dumb as they come.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus said, "Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man it will be forgiven him, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come." (Matthew 12:32 NKJV)

Blasphemy against persons can be forgiven but blasphemy against the Holy Spirit can not be forgiven in this age or the age to come.

Why not?

Both Peter and Paul explain why.

...who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. (1 Peter 1:5 NKJV)

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. (Romans 1:16 NKJV)​

The Holy Spirit is the power of God for salvation. We must not blaspheme God's power.

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus said, "Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man it will be forgiven him, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come." (Matthew 12:32 NKJV)

Blasphemy against persons can be forgiven but blasphemy against the Holy Spirit can not be forgiven in this age or the age to come.

Why not?

Both Peter and Paul explain why.
...who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. (1 Peter 1:5 NKJV)

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. (Romans 1:16 NKJV)​
The Holy Spirit is the power of God for salvation. We must not blaspheme God's power.
More hogwash from a hogwasher.

Paul says that THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST is the power of God to salvation. He is NOT talking about the Holy Spirit.

The reason that blasphemy of the Holy Spirit would not be forgiven is related directly to Israel.

1. God their Father had sent Israel prophets and Israel killed them.
  2. God sent His Son to Israel and Israel killed Him.
  3. God sent His Holy Spirit through His little flock and Israel rejected His witness as well and stoned Stephen.
Three strikes for Israel.

It was at THIS point that God raised Paul. etc. etc. etc.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul says that THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST is the power of God to salvation. He is NOT talking about the Holy Spirit.

I referred to God's Spirit as a water fountain because it illustrates Jesus' teachings about the Holy Spirit and I thought people could easily relate to it as a source of God's Spirit and power.

Jesus told the 1st century Jews that in vain they worship him teaching as doctrines the commandments of men. (Matthew 15:9)

Jesus' assessment is just as true today as the day he said it.

Right Divider

Body part
I referred to God's Spirit as a water fountain because it illustrates Jesus' teachings about the Holy Spirit and I thought people could easily relate to it as a source of God's Spirit and power.

Jesus told the 1st century Jews that in vain they worship him teaching as doctrines the commandments of men. (Matthew 15:9)

Jesus' assessment is just as true today as the day he said it.
So you think that the Holy Spirit is the SOURCE of God's Spirit?

You are so completely confused that there is no hope with communicating with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.