Being taught by the holy spirit

marhig

Hiya :)

I have been talking to a Christian who doesn't believe that we are cleansed and taught by the holy spirit in the heart and that this isn't taught according to the scriptures. I do believe that we are cleansed of sin and taught by the spirit every day. I've never attended a mainstream Christian church, so what I'm asking, is what do you all believe?

He also disagrees with me when i say that circumcision of the heart is our heart being cleansed by the spirit and our old life gone being replaced by the life of Christ.

What do you all believe, I'm curious to know

Thank you

Last edited:

beameup

While exegesis is the process of drawing out the meaning from a text in accordance with the context and discoverable meaning of the Holy Spirit, eisegesis occurs when a reader imposes his or her pre-conceived notions (ie: indoctrination) into and onto the text. - Wikipedia

I've found that the vast majority of Christians use the latter method due to "indoctrination" and the influence of others.

marhig

While exegesis is the process of drawing out the meaning from a text in accordance with the context and discoverable meaning of the Holy Spirit, eisegesis occurs when a reader imposes his or her pre-conceived notions (ie: indoctrination) into and onto the text. - Wikipedia

I've found that the vast majority of Christians use the latter method due to "indoctrination" and the influence of others.
Hi beamup

So do you believe that we are taught and cleansed by the holy spirit within.

And what do you believe the circumcision of the heart to be. If you don't mind answering

Thanks

beameup

Hi beamup

So do you believe that we are taught and cleansed by the holy spirit within.

And what do you believe the circumcision of the heart to be. If you don't mind answering

Thanks

I believe that the EGO gets in the way of "walking in the Holy Spirit".
The "EGO" is what Satan had, which caused the original sin.
We can call it the "old man" or the "flesh" or "pride" or "puffed up" or other terms used by Paul.
It "neutralizes" ("grieves") the Holy Spirit and prevents Him from communicating with us.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
In yall's case

'Being taught by the holy spirit' = Coming up with one's own convenient conclusion

There are over 20,000 different sects of Christianity due to people thinking they've been 'taught by the spirit'. Stop using biblical sentiments to reinforce heresy.

marhig

I believe that the EGO gets in the way of "walking in the Holy Spirit".
The "EGO" is what Satan had, which caused the original sin.
We can call it the "old man" or the "flesh" or "pride" or "puffed up" or other terms used by Paul.
It "neutralizes" ("grieves") the Holy Spirit and prevents Him from communicating with us.
I agree

So do you believe that the spirit guides and teaches you against this every day and circumcises your heart cleansing you of sin?

Paul said "I die daily" and I see this as death to self, death to our flesh, our old man. And to be in alive to God through Christ by the spirit.

I'm trying to see how others believe, as I thought all those who follow Christ would believe this way?

marhig

In yall's case

'Being taught by the holy spirit' = Coming up with one's own convenient conclusion

There are over 20,000 different sects of Christianity due to people thinking they've been 'taught by the spirit'. Stop using biblical sentiments to reinforce heresy.
I believe that the spirit is teaching us every day cleansing our heart of sin and teaching us the truth and guiding us to what we should do right in our life before God.

What do you believe? Thanks

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
In yall's case

The word HERESY fits well with your belief system. A perfect fit.