At what Age Do We Ask - How Long Lord ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Revelation 6:10 KJV - Revelation 6:11 KJV -

At what age in a lifetime does the average person conclude that maybe they will die before Christ returns. I know we pray and hope for our children and new healthy generations to come.

I also understand that Jesus can return anytime, no one know the day or hour, except the Father (another proof that Jesus is Equal with God but is not The Father, for another thread), but we still pray each day "come now Lord ! ! !" I know we are in Christ and Christ in us so i'm talking literal

knowing that, this thread is just a question for all, about what age do we grow content; accepting God's patience and perfect Will. At what age are we ok with not seeing Jesus Christ return in Glory in the clouds or be present in the rapture. the knowledge that we may not be alive on earth for the second coming and the rapture.

1 Thessalonians 4:16 KJV - 1 Thessalonians 4:17-18 KJV -

i know there are detractors of those scriptures and of Jesus Himself. or God. and this can get sidetracked easily. i don't intend to debate scripture or the end of time, earth or the details of Revelation, 1 Thessalonians etc. simply the OP.

so make it any scenario you think might be your future after death, Christian or not. when do we completely accept that we won't see the end here in this life.

for me, it was @ about 28 -

Last edited:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I was in my 30s when the Lord showed me in a dream where I would die.

I was at a mountain cabin with my daughter and what I hope was her grandson.

He was around 17.

Course if it was her son that would be okay to I reckon, as she dudn't have one yet.

Another 20 years and I'll be about 75 so hey not a bad age to go, hunh?

I didn't see a calendar but was in good old age.

Christ hadn't come back yet so I dont get to excited 'bout them end time prophecies.

Heck, he's already in me so what's the worry?

Peace bro.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I was in my 30s when the Lord showed me in a dream where I would die.

I was at a mountain cabin with my daughter and what I hope was her grandson.

He was around 17.

Course if it was her son that would be okay to I reckon, as she dudn't have one yet.

Another 20 years and I'll be about 75 so hey not a bad age to go, hunh?

I didn't see a calendar but was in good old age.

Christ hadn't come back yet so I dont get to excited 'bout them end time prophecies.

Heck, he's already in me so what's the worry?

Peace bro.

thanks man, great post. nice piece of sharing - God Bless -

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The falling away comes first and the man of lawlessness revealed....he will go on a rampage to totally eradicate the church.....so I fully expect martyrdom.

That great crowd which suddenly appeared in heaven with palm branches who had come out of the great tribulation? they are martyrs.

I say this, if you had a vision in 1930 Germany and went around to all the Jews and told them what was about to befall them in the next 15 years, they'd have laughed at you.

Hope this is not a derailment...but I say Antichrist comes first.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
It will likely be many thousands of years after his original gospel of the kingdom is finally preached and subdues all the world. When he does return, it will only be for a visit, his rightful place is on high, not David's corrupt, exaggerated throne of mere earthly rule.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The falling away comes first and the man of lawlessness revealed....he will go on a rampage to totally eradicate the church.....so I fully expect martyrdom.

That great crowd which suddenly appeared in heaven with palm branches who had come out of the great tribulation? they are martyrs.

I say this, if you had a vision in 1930 Germany and went around to all the Jews and told them what was about to befall them in the next 15 years, they'd have laughed at you.

Hope this is not a derailment...but I say Antichrist comes first.

yep

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It will likely be many thousands of years after his original gospel of the kingdom is finally preached and subdues all the world. When he does return, it will only be for a visit, his rightful place is on high, not David's corrupt, exaggerated throne of mere earthly rule.

it is not merely earthly rule. Christ always sat and sits on high - you have a fixation on Michael, David and 'celestials' - hence changing the written Word of God - :patrol:

Bradley D

The Bible tells me to live each day as if the Lord would return that day. At times I would not mind if I did not awake the next day. But I know that is up to God and leave it in His hands. I am raising a 7 year old grandson. He has been with us since he was one. As a disabled Veteran it is not always easy, but I love my grandson and all people. I hope God's best for all.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The Bible tells me to live each day as if the Lord would return that day. At times I would not mind if I did not awake the next day. But I know that is up to God and leave it in His hands. I am raising a 7 year old grandson. He has been with us since he was one. As a disabled Veteran it is not always easy, but I love my grandson and all people. I hope God's best for all.

God Bless you and yours Bradley D, Amen.

thank you for your service, i enjoy your posts, much respect -

that sounds difficult, raising a grandchild, but you have more wisdom now. i have many veterans throughout my family, and current military. i feel the same way you described, it always starts and ends with God -

Mark - :FrankiE::salute:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
that lady Jan from Toyota keeps pulling my mouse back to it. even just now while i'm @ the bottom typing it pulled it back to the top of the page -

Jan is beautiful and just my type but c'mon -

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The how long belongs to the Father.
I believe our task is watch and wait, and be ready, to occupy till Jesus gathers the church away, to a blessing, to be a help and not a hindrance.

God only knows how long. And with Him the time is safe.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The how long belongs to the Father.
I believe our task is watch and wait, and be ready, to occupy till Jesus gathers the church away, to a blessing, to be a help and not a hindrance.

God only knows how long. And with Him the time is safe.

good post - wisdom

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Everyday, I hope it is today, PJ the Great.
But I am okay with facing the grave, as well.

I am willing, rather, to depart.

hey, that's Paul's line ! - jk

I know what you mean, I was feeling frustrated with the plight of the lost in the world and the good and righteous that suffer, when I made this thread

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Revelation 6:10 KJV - Revelation 6:11 KJV -

At what age in a lifetime does the average person conclude that maybe they will die before Christ returns. I know we pray and hope for our children and new healthy generations to come.

I believe we will all see Jesus return

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him

HisServant

I find it to be a very sad day if this happens. I also find it not in character with the Jesus that I see revealed in scripture.

Which is why I find the rapture and dispensationalism very anti-Christ like.

If he decides to destroy the world it will be that he has reached the end of his patience and his love has boundaries.

In the mean time, we should rejoice every day in the tasks and opportunities that God has laid before us to help our fellow humans and witness to them by showing the the love of Christ in us.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Leviticus 19

31 ‘Give no regard to mediums and familiar spirits; do not seek after them, to be defiled by them: I am the Lord your God.

Call not the Holy Spirit a devil.

John 16:13 KJV

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come , he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear , that shall he speak : and he will shew you things to come .

John 21

18 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest : but when thou shalt be old , thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not.

19 This spake he , signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.

Sorry about Jesus blowing yer any moment doctrine outta the water.

The kingdom of God is in us, the quickening can come at any moment.

Be a watchin' and a believin' Nicholas. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.