Are you Going to Heaven?

marke

do you believe this is written to you personally or is this written down to inform you ?

Gen 15:5 And he brought him outside and said, "Look toward heaven, and number the stars, if you are able to number them." Then he said to him, "So shall your offspring be."
Gen 15:6 And he believed the LORD, and he counted it to him as righteousness.
All Scripture is written to every man personally. I do believe that God promised to save all those on earth who believe God by faith the same way Abraham did.

marke

So which tribe are you?

James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad: Greetings. - James 1:1 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James1:1&version=NKJV
I belong to the Church of the firstborn whose names are in heaven and who have been born against by the Spirit of Christ, the same tribe James was referring to here:

James 1:18
Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I belong to the Church of the firstborn whose names are in heaven and who have been born against by the Spirit of Christ, the same tribe James was referring to here:

James 1:18
Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

That is within the same context of the verse I just quoted, Mark, which specifies "twelve tribes," not just one, referring to the nation of Israel. So again, which of the twelve tribes would you be a descendant of?

James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad: Greetings. - James 1:1 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James1:1&version=NKJV

marke

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I don't subscribe to British Israelism.

I have no idea what you're talking about, Mark.

Just answer the question.

You say that "All Scripture is written to every man personally."

James is written "To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad."

So which of the "twelve tribes" does that make you a descendant of?

way 2 go

All Scripture is written to every man personally. I do believe that God promised to save all those on earth who believe God by faith the same way Abraham did.
so is God promising you this many physical offspring or me this many offspring literally ?
as God literally promised Abram
"number the stars, if you are able to number them." Then he said to him, "So shall your offspring be."

marke

I have no idea what you're talking about, Mark.

Just answer the question.

You say that "All Scripture is written to every man personally."

James is written "To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad."

So which of the "twelve tribes" does that make you a descendant of?
I do not agree that the Book of James is not to be read and taken personally by Christians as a message from God to them.

marke

so is God promising you this many physical offspring or me this many offspring literally ?
"number the stars, if you are able to number them." Then he said to him, "So shall your offspring be."
I am also numbered among all believers of all nations who have been saved by faith like Father Abraham, of whom God promised would be the father of many nations.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I do not agree

That's nice. Now make the argument. You can't, because despite you saying that the Bible is written TO everyone personally, I have shown you scripture that states, quite clearly, otherwise.

that the Book of James is not to be read and taken personally by Christians as a message from God to them.

You're arguing against scripture, at this point, and you still haven't answered my question.

Which of the "twelve tribes," as per James 1:1, are you a descendant of, to be able to say that "James was written to [marke], despite the verse saying that James was writing to [the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad]?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I am also numbered among all believers of all nations who have been saved by faith like Father Abraham, of whom God promised would be the father of many nations.

"The twelve tribes which are scattered abroad" are descendants of Jacob, Abraham's GRANDson.

way 2 go

didn't ask you that , I asked about your children .

is God promising you this many physical offspring or me this many offspring literally ?

marke

That's nice. Now make the argument. You can't, because despite you saying that the Bible is written TO everyone personally, I have shown you scripture that states, quite clearly, otherwise.

You're arguing against scripture, at this point, and you still haven't answered my question.

Which of the "twelve tribes," as per James 1:1, are you a descendant of, to be able to say that "James was written to [marke], despite the verse saying that James was writing to [the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad]?
I am not a member of any tribe of Judah. The Book of James is written to the saved Jews from the 12 tribes scattered throughout Asia and is given from God to all Christians to read, study and obey.

marke

"The twelve tribes which are scattered abroad" are descendants of Jacob, Abraham's GRANDson.
Are these people James is addressing Christians or Jews?

1 Corinthians 10:32
Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:

Some people think there are four classes of humans: Jews, Gentiles, Christians, and saved Jews. I don't agree. I believe there are 3 different kinds of people and that there is not a hair's difference between a saved Jew and a saved Gentile.

marke

didn't ask you that , I asked about your children .

is God promising you this many physical offspring or me this many offspring literally ?
No, in many instances when God spoke to individuals in particular He was not instructing other people to follow the instructions to the letter as well. For example, when God told Abraham to offer up Isaac He had no intention of any other human to do the same. But when God gives Scriptures to large groups of saved individuals for everyone's benefit, then He is instructing all Christians, not just certain sects or groups.

Right Divider

Body part
I am not a member of any tribe of Judah. The Book of James is written to the saved Jews from the 12 tribes scattered throughout Asia and is given from God to all Christians to read, study and obey.
WE (the body of Christ) are supposed to obey ALL of the instructions given to Israel? You are quite confused.
Paul tells us that WE (the body of Christ) are not under the law. Israel was under the law. Christ was under the law (Gal 4:4).

Rightly divide and it's all correct. Don't rightly divide and it's a mess.

Right Divider

Body part
Are these people James is addressing Christians or Jews?

1 Corinthians 10:32
Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:
  1. Jews
  2. Gentiles
  3. The church of God
Three entities in that list.
Some people think there are four classes of humans: Jews, Gentiles, Christians, and saved Jews. I don't agree. I believe there are 3 different kinds of people and that there is not a hair's difference between a saved Jew and a saved Gentile.
There are believers (Jew and Gentile) under God's program for Israel.
In the body of Christ there is neither Jew NOR Greek.

The body of Christ is not Israel and Israel is not the body of Christ.

marke

WE (the body of Christ) are supposed to obey ALL of the instructions given to Israel? You are quite confused.
Paul tells us that WE (the body of Christ) are not under the law. Israel was under the law. Christ was under the law (Gal 4:4).

Rightly divide and it's all correct. Don't rightly divide and it's a mess.
I do not consider the Book of James to be a Book of the Law for Israel.

marke

1. Jews
  2. Gentiles
  3. The church of God
Three entities in that list.

There are believers (Jew and Gentile) under God's program for Israel.
In the body of Christ there is neither Jew NOR Greek.

The body of Christ is not Israel and Israel is not the body of Christ.
Some people must think James and those he wrote to in the Book of James were neither part of the body of Christ nor part of the OT Nation of Israel.