Are You a Misogynist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GFR7

Because you're reading them through your perception filter. Seriously.

perception-2lcemo0.jpg
:AMR1:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

That looks like a very close-minded smiley.

Everyone has perception filters, we're made that way. Think about it. Everything you experience comes through a filter of your own memories, experiences, expectations, environment, bias, value system, and so much more. Your perception is reality to you, but it may not be an objective reality.

GFR7

Everyone has perception filters, we're made that way. Think about it. Everything you experience comes through a filter of your own memories, experiences, expectations, environment, bias, value system, and so much more. Your perception is reality to you, but it may not be an objective reality.
Wouldn't this be true of others as well, then? Of all of us? And of you? :think:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Of course. Once you're aware of it though, you can try to keep that in mind when you're taking in new information.
The trick, I think, is to do your best to consider the other fellow's argument as diligently as you do your own.

I think as Nietzsche said all extreme ideologies have a desire to thwart and destroy reality.
And if there's one thing that springs to mind when considering Nietzsche it's moderation. :plain:

fzappa13

Maybe we could arrange for a celebrity grudge match between Nietzsche and Jesus ...

...Nah, even Knight doesn't have that kind of stroke.

bybee

The trick, I think, is to do your best to consider the other fellow's argument as diligently as you do your own.

And if there's one thing that springs to mind when considering Nietzsche it's moderation. :plain:

TOL has more than its share of would be "Uber Menschs"!
(My German is not so hot!)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Liberal Protestant and Feminist Catholic.
Thanks for including this:

Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
ironically, it's your buddies town and anna who have been caught denying other people's humanity
So, to respond to both, a liar and a...no, that about covers it.

Edit: because I don't want to confuse Sky any more than I have to, I'm not a liberal and I've never denied anyone's humanity.

Well it all comes down to this: do you believe in absolute morality limits; or do you believe in relative morality limits. For a Christian believer as some politicians claim they are, accepting relative morality opens the flood gates for Sodom and Gomorrah. Perception is never absolute.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Last edited:

GFR7

Nietzsche was passionate. :AMR1:
I'll never forget my mentor who oversaw my honors' thesis on Nietzsche telling me, "Nietzsche was an anti-Christian who remained at his core a Christian."

PureX

Well it all comes down to this: do you believe in absolute morality limits; or do you believe in relative morality limits. For a Christian believer as some politicians claim they are, accepting relative morality opens the flood gates for Sodom and Gomorrah. Perception is never absolute.
If perception is never absolute, how can one perceive that morality is absolute? And if one cannot perceive that it is, why would one believe that it is? And if one chooses to believe that it is, anyway, how does that justify insisting the everyone else be judged by that belief?

The problem with conditions like imperfection is that once acknowledged, everything becomes relative to it. How does an imperfect being determine how imperfect he is? Answer: imperfectly.

bybee

If perception is never absolute, how can one perceive that morality is absolute? And if one cannot perceive that it is, why would one believe that it is? And if one chooses to believe that it is, anyway, how does that justify insisting the everyone else be judged by that belief?

The problem with conditions like imperfection is that once acknowledged, everything becomes relative to it. How does an imperfect being determine how imperfect he is? Answer: imperfectly.

Or, as best he can under the circumstances?
We do not have to determine how imperfect we are. God will take care of that, and our children if we have any!
We must be open to the fact that we have imperfections and heed the observations of others when intended for our good. Even those who wish us harm may be vehicles of learning for us.
But!!! It is
the attitude we allow ourselves to take that shall determine our actions.
And, it is our actions that either improve our lot or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.