Are People Born Into This World Spiritually Alive?

Samie

Yes.

Because of Christ's life, death and resurrection, people are born into this world already In Christ Who is our Life (Col 3:4) and therefore spiritually alive. The Father through the Son created the One New Man on the cross (Eph 2:11-19): Christ the Head; humanity (Jews & Gentiles) the Body. When the Head died, the Body of course likewise died. It was in His Body where Jesus carried the sin of humanity on the tree (1 Pet 2:24). And rightly so, because humanity was His Body on the cross! And He is the Lamb that takes away the sin not only of the believers but the sin of the world (John 1:29).

Christ's death on the cross was first represented by the first death of an animal on the very same day Adam fell into sin, as well as with subsequent animal sacrifices in the old covenant. Instead of man dying to pay for his sin, another died for him, so man can have another shot at life eternal. True, Adam, by his own death that same day he sinned, could have paid for his sin, but that would be the eternal end for him. He could have paid for his sin God hates, but God would have eternally lost the sinner He loves. But God was not caught unaware. He had already devised a plan whereby man could not only pay for his own sin but at the same time have another shot at eternal life. So, on that very same day man sinned, God implemented the plan of redemption He devised before the foundation of the world, before the beginning of time (2 Tim 1:8-10). No wonder, Christ is called the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world!!!

The plan of redemption portrayed by the first death of an animal in Eden, found fulfillment in the life, death and resurrection of our Lord, and covered all of Adam's race, no one exempted nor left out. Fashioned into His Body on the cross, people are born In Christ. When He - the Head - died, we - His Body - died. When He resurrected, we were made alive TOGETHER with Him (Eph 2:4-6; Col 2:13), born again into a living hope of life eternal (1 Pet 2:24). Being part of the Body of Christ Who is our Strength (Phil 4:13), and given faith (Rom 12:3) so that we can please God (Heb 11:6) and gain victory over the world (1 John 5:4), we have His Power (Rom 8:37) to overcome evil with good (Rom 12:21). And overcomers will NOT be blotted out from the book of life (Rev 3:5).

Nang

TOL Subscriber
No.

All men are born into this world spiritually dead (unless God, according to His pure grace, has regenerated them to life in the womb, as was John the Baptist).

John 3:1-18

john w

Hall of Fame
No.

All men are born into this world spiritually dead (unless God, according to His pure grace, has regenerated them to life in the womb, as was John the Baptist).

TOL property values are now plummeting.......

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No.

Yes, John had the holy Spirit and Jesus was baptized by the holy Spirit through John.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Yes, John had the holy Spirit and Jesus was baptized by the holy Spirit through John.

Yes, plus . .

Jesus was the only human ever conceived by the Holy Spirit. All others are conceived by parents who have inherited the sin nature of Adam; thus all humans are born corrupted, guilty, and subject to sin and death (again, excepting fetuses who can be regenerated by God's grace and power in the womb).

This is the true doctrine of Total Depravity.

Samie is posting merely humanistic opinion, and a gospel of works; neither of which is Truth.

Robert Pate

Banned
All are born into the world spiritually dead according to the Bible.

"Wherefore as by one man sin entered the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned" Romans 5:12.

We are all born into the world as sinners. Even babies and small children do sinful acts.

Spiritual life comes to people that hear and believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

When one hears and believes the Gospel they become born again by the Holy Spirit, 1 Peter 1:23.

Paul said the Galatians, "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (Because you did something) or by the hearing of faith" (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

Nanja

"Wherefore as by one man sin entered the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned" Romans 5:12.

We are all born into the world as sinners. Even babies and small children do sinful acts.

Spiritual life comes to people that hear and believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

When one hears and believes the Gospel they become born again by the Holy Spirit, 1 Peter 1:23.

Paul said the Galatians, "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (Because you did something) or by the hearing of faith" (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

The hearing of Faith is only possible after one has been Born of the Spirit of God.
For Faith is a Fruit and Gift of the Holy Spirit Gal. 5:22; Eph. 2:8; Titus 1:1!

~~~~~

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
People are not born spiritually dead, unless one holds to a very old, sadist notion that infants and small children go to Limbo :doh:

Spiritual death is the 'first death', and it happens when one progresses, without faith, into depravity later in life.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
People are not born spiritually dead, unless one holds to a very old, sadist notion that infants and small children go to Limbo :doh:

Spiritual death is the 'first death', and it happens when one progresses, without faith, into depravity later in life.

None of that is biblical.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
None of that is biblical.

'Born sinners' is not accurate, it's just something people like to say. It's never stated that one is born a sinner, it's said we are born into sin.

We adopt sin and become depraved. The intrinsic fault that leads us there is our Adamic curse.

I don't understand how it never occurred to some that first you must SIN to be a SINNER :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Bradley D

Adam's sin was caused by desire. That is human nature which all are born with.

"Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death" (James 1:15).

iamaberean

This is a much deeper subject that it first appears.
Are we born dead?

2Sa 12:14 Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die.
2Sa 12:15 And Nathan departed unto his house. And the LORD struck the child that Uriah's wife bare unto David, and it was very sick.
2Sa 12:16 David therefore besought God for the child; and David fasted, and went in, and lay all night upon the earth.

2Sa 12:22 And he said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether GOD will be gracious to me, that the child may live?
2Sa 12:23 But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

David's child died, but David said "I shall go to him".

1Co 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

A believer, will never die and their children are born holy, that would be born alive. David was a believer but under law eternal life would come in the resurrection. Christian believers produce children that are alive. At some point, if the child lives to the age of accountability, they too must become a believer to receive eternal life.

I can think of no other scriptures that would refer to unbelievers or their children receiving eternal life. No matter what else one might think, we all know there is a heaven and there is a hell.

Ben Masada

Please Robert, since I am not a Christian but a Jew, I have the right to demand a quote from the real Bible aka the Tanach, the only Scriptures Jesus used to refer to as the Word of God. Can you do that? I am referring to the second statement in black above in this post of yours. You say , "according to the Bible and all you mention is from the NT.

Samie

Let's take the verse part by part:
1. Through one man (Adam) sin entered the world, and death by sin. It does not yet say, all are born into the world spiritually dead.

2. It also says "death passed upon all men for that all have sinned". It does not say, all are born into the world spiritually dead.

The statement "death passed upon all men for that all have sinned" is different from "death passed upon all men because all are born spiritually dead". The ACT of sinning occurs AFTER one is born, NOT before. If all are born spiritually dead in sin, then the passing of death should be when one is born and NOT when one has sinned, as the verse implies.

Since there is no marriage after the resurrection, you need to explain where the babies in the new earth came from (Isa 11:6-9). The only possible explanation is that they are among those resurrected in the resurrection of the righteous. If so, then that goes against your position.

Your sequence of events: 1. Hear and believe, then 2. be born again.

Seems like cart before the horse, because you are in effect saying, while spiritually dead and hence apart from Christ, people can hear and believe. Glaringly against John 15:5. "Apart from Me, you can do NOTHING."

I suggest, as explained in the OP: 1. born again first, then 2. hear and believe

To be able to hear and believe, one had to be spiritually alive first, isn't it? And Scriptures say God caused us to be born again through the resurrection of Jesus. 1 Pet 1:3.

iamaberean

Are People born in this world spiritually alive?
No, they are not but they are absolutely sinless.
Please Robert, since I am not a Christian but a Jew, I have the right to demand a quote from the real Bible aka the Tanach, the only Scriptures Jesus used to refer to as the Word of God. Can you do that? I am referring to the second statement in black above in this post of yours. You say , "according to the Bible and all you mention is from the NT.
Hi Ben,

I agree with not being born spiritually alive, but I take exception to how you say the the New Testament is not the Bible.

Jesus is God, the Jew's Messiah. This is what Christians believe, so when Jesus says "I have come to fulfill all that has been written". That is true, but when Jesus walked the earth the words of Jesus had not yet been written. The Apostles wrote it just as Jesus gave it to them, that is just as the Prophets in the Old Testament did. Not only did the disciples walk with God, He sat down with them after the resurrection for forty days explaining all to them.

I love you Guys, Ben, and I pray that you would allow Jesus to open your eyes.

Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

Samie

No.

Yes, plus . .

Jesus was the only human ever conceived by the Holy Spirit. All others are conceived by parents who have inherited the sin nature of Adam; thus all humans are born corrupted, guilty, and subject to sin and death (again, excepting fetuses who can be regenerated by God's grace and power in the womb).

This is the true doctrine of Total Depravity.

Samie is posting merely humanistic opinion, and a gospel of works; neither of which is Truth.
Humanistic opinion? Gospel of works? How?

Did you not see Scriptures in the OP?

Compare the OP with your posts. Where in Scriptures does it say "all humans are born corrupted, guilty, and subject to sin and death"? You know not even one? Then ask pneumonia or whatever his name is; he is the wise and learned one. But maybe he is so preoccupied with his anarthrous inventions he could not have studied the Bible any more and also does not know any.

I'll wait. If you can't find even one verse, then simply shut up, come up with excuses or run away and hide. Your choice.