Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I get so tired of hearing stuff like... a child stealing a piece of bubble gum is just as bad in God's eyes as a man who rapes a woman. PUHLEEZE!! Pure Baloney!! And here's some great info from the ever famous Turbo, of years past, showing that this is simply not true.

Turbo said:
And that servant who knew his master's will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more. Luke 12:47-48

Then Pilate said to Him, "Are You not speaking to me? Do You not know that I have power to crucify You, and power to release You?"
Jesus answered, "You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given you from above. Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin." John 19:10-11

You who judged your sisters, bear your own shame also, because the sins which you committed were more abominable than theirs; they are more righteous than you. Yes, be disgraced also, and bear your own shame, because you justified your sisters. Ezekiel 16:52

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation.
"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves." Mat. 23:14-15

"Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon in the day of judgment than for you. And you, Capernaum, who are exalted to heaven, will be brought down to Hades; for if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. But I say to you that it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment than for you." Mat. 11:21-24

In the measure that she glorified herself and lived luxuriously, in the same measure give her torment and sorrow; for she says in her heart, "I sit as queen, and am no widow, and will not see sorrow." Rev. 18:7

Here are a couple more but I often don't include these two:
My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment. James 3:1

If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death. 1 John 5:16-17

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Are All Sins Equal?

Not according to John who said, "If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that.

All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death." (1 John 5:16-17)

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Are All Sins Equal?

I get so tired of hearing stuff like... a child stealing a piece of bubble gum is just as bad in God's eyes as a man who rapes a woman. PUHLEEZE!! Pure Baloney!! And here's some great info from the ever famous Turbo, of years past, showing that this is simply not true.

James 2:10 (HCSB)

10 For whoever keeps the entire law, yet fails in one point, is guilty of breaking it all.

Galatians 3

10 For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, because it is written: Everyone who does not continue doing everything written in the

book of the law is cursed.

11 Now it is clear that no one is justified before God by the law, because the righteous will live by faith. 12 But the law is not based on faith; instead, the one who does these things will live by them. 13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, because it is written: Everyone who is hung on a tree is cursed. 14 The purpose was that the blessing of Abraham would come to the Gentiles by Christ Jesus, so that we could receive the promised Spirit through faith.

Paul has a special reference to Moses. What is Moses? But, I have linked you to this; here for Deuteronomy 5 (The opening of the "Book of the Law") and this; here for the close of the Book of the Law to bring it home that biblical TRUTH about what Moses/The Stone Law is contextually found in Deuteronomy 5 to Deuteronomy 31:26.

............ However, Jesus does state that if we do not Love and Forgive as He did, we are not in Him.

The one sin Jesus implicitly states is ill above all is Blasphemy against the Spirit of Love. He was told that He casted out demons by the ruler of demons and that's when He says, we can say all manner of things against Him, but if we blaspheme the Spirit within Him, we are in deep trouble.

Why Love? Because 1 John and Paul make it clear that God is Love and all who do not Love all, as Christ taught are, not in His Love.

To not be in His Love is to not be in Him.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Last edited:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Not according to John who said, "If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that.

All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death." (1 John 5:16-17)

1 John 5:16-17 is about character, not the measure if sin.

PureX

"Sin" is sin. Sin is a desire to serve one's self at the expense of another.

The active results of this sin may vary greatly, however, from telling little "white lies" to committing rape, torture, and murder. But the sin, itself, remains the same.

In fact, the sin may not even be acted upon. And yet, still, the sin remains what it is: the desire to serve one's self at the expense of another. And every time we engage in it, it becomes a little bit easier for us to engage in it the next time. Until it eventually defines who we are, and who we are becoming.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
1 John 5:16-17 is about character, not the measure if sin.

Any desire to make peace on that note?

I'm all for peace and getting along.

Clean Slate?

I assume you really thought that I was introducing a sock puppet.

GraceBunny is my wife.

Do you take my E-Handshake of friendship?

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

john w

Hall of Fame
"Sin" is sin. Sin is a desire to serve one's self at the expense of another.

The active results of this sin may vary greatly, however, from telling little "white lies" to committing rape, torture, and murder. But the sin, itself, remains the same.

In fact, the sin may not even be acted upon. And yet, still, the sin remains what it is: the desire to serve one's self at the expense of another. And every time we engage in it, it becomes a little bit easier for us to engage in it the next time. Until it eventually defines who we are, and who we are becoming.

From whence did you obtain your assertion, argument, that sin is not a good thing? What is your source authority, for making such an assessment? I have identified mine, w/o reservation. You may not agree with it, but I have no hesitation about identifying it, and do not apologize for it. It's called conviction. You have yet to identify yours. Name it.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Sin is not equal.
'Eye for eye' is exactly commensurate to a degree of sin.

I don't know how people fail to see the obvious.
But
Jesus also stated that the Pharisees were guilty of a greater sin than Pilate.

Sins being lesser or greater is a plain truth. The thing with Protestantism is that it is redundant- it's not about sin, but one's faith.
Unlike Catholicism, which teaches that certain sins will damn you immediately.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Sin is not equal.

But

Sins being lesser or greater is a plain truth. The thing with Protestantism is that it is redundant- it's not about sin, but one's faith.

I agree with everything you said except for the Catholic bashing.

[emoji6]

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Are All Sins Equal?

It's fun to bash Catholics, you'll see -

Rotfl..... Of coarse Catholics feel the same way about Protestants, and every, of the over 30,000, division(s) feel the same about one another.

[emoji6][emoji106]

Last edited:

Ben Masada

Sin is not equal.

But

Sin by definition is the transgression of the Law. Since not all transgressions are the same, the same occurs with sins; not all sins are the same.