Another tally of anti-trinitarian threads

Right Divider

Body part
What Jag wanted is very similar to what John Calvin did and wanted. I pointed that out.

Your insult is just random nonsense by someone who is flailing around trying to do some damage.
You're such a poor abused heretic. You don't belong on a Christian site in the first place.

Right Divider

Body part
And all this hatred over my saying that Jesus is not God - something you have yet to show in the Bible.
We've been over this a million times on this site. The Bible declares the LORD Jesus Christ to be God repeatedly. Only a willfully ignorant heretic can continue to claim otherwise.

Last edited:

Lon

And all this hatred over my saying that Jesus is not God - something you have yet to show in the Bible.
:sigh: John 20:28 Thomas said to Jesus, "You are the Lord of me, and God of me."

What you meant to say is, you haven't seen it once.
1 John 5:7,8
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Or they cut them out. They say 'because these verses are not found in the Byzantine or Alexandrian texts.'
On closer inspection, could it be, simply, because they disagree with Unitarians? Would anyone WANT to cut up their bible in preference for their own beliefs? 🤔

marhig

We've been over this a million times on this site. The Bible declares the LORD Jesus Christ to be God repeatedly. Only a willfully ignorant heretic can continue to claim otherwise.
No it doesn't, and Jesus himself says that the only true God is the father, and that the father sent him, so if Jesus says that the father is the only true God, then that's the truth. And Jesus has a God and his God is the father, so he isn't God.

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know THEE THE ONLY TRUE GOD, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

OZOS

No it doesn't, and Jesus himself says that the only true God is the father, and that the father sent him, so if Jesus says that the father is the only true God, then that's the truth. And Jesus has a God and his God is the father, so he isn't God.

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know THEE THE ONLY TRUE GOD, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
Jesus said that if you have seen Him, you have seen God.
He also called Himself God in Revelation.

Which cult's Bible are you reading?

marhig

Jesus said that if you have seen Him, you have seen God.
He also called Himself God in Revelation.

Which cult's Bible are you reading?
No Jesus didn't say quote "if you have seen me you have seen God", Jesus said, if you have seen me you have seen the father. Is Jesus the father? No.

Jesus meant, that the father was with him and you could see the love of the father through him. Because Jesus didn't live by his will, but by the will of the father so when we see Jesus, we see the father. Jesus isn't the father, and Jesus isn't God.

OZOS

No Jesus didn't say quote "if you have seen me you have seen God", Jesus said, if you have seen me you have seen the father. Is Jesus the father? No.

Jesus meant, that the father was with him and you could see the love of the father through him.
No, Jesus didn't mean "you could see the love of the Father through Him". Jesus meant what He said that He and the Father are one. The Father is God and Jesus is God, otherwise, they would be more than one. As Isaiah said...

"For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

He also said this...

"‘I am the First and I am the Last; Besides Me there is no God."

Jesus called Himself God...

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”
I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”

Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands, and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band. His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire; His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters; He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength. And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death."

"And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son."

"And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.” Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie. “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”

Right Divider

Body part

• First, you are reading your BIAS into the text. What the text does NOT say is that only the Father is the true God.
  • Second, Jesus was BOTH God and man. So, AS A MAN, Jesus has a God.
If Jesus was not God, He would have been wrong not to correct Thomas:
Joh 20:27-29 KJV Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. (28) And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. (29) Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
Thomas saw his LORD and his GOD in Jesus Christ.

marhig

• First, you are reading your BIAS into the text. What the text does NOT say is that only the Father is the true God.
  • Second, Jesus was BOTH God and man. So, AS A MAN, Jesus has a God.
If Jesus was not God, He would have been wrong not to correct Thomas:

Thomas saw his LORD and his GOD in Jesus Christ.
Jesus himself says that the father is the only true God, that means that he himself isn't. And Jesus also said the father is his God and that he is greater than he. If the father is the only true God according to Jesus, and he is the God of Jesus and greater than him then Jesus can't be God!

And yes God is in Christ but Christ isn't God. It says in the Bible that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself. But that's totally different to Christ is God. And Paul says that the head of Christ is God. So Christ Jesus isn't God.

marhig

Correct, "one spirit with Him".
No Jesus said that they may be one, even as we are one, and we aren't God and neither is Jesus.

John 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

OZOS

No Jesus said that they may be one, even as we are one, and we aren't God and neither is Jesus.

John 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
One "body", dummy.

"But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him."

"so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another."

"For we, though many, are one bread and one body; for we all partake of that one bread."

"For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit."

"But now indeed there are many members, yet one body."

"There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling"

Already, proved that Jesus is God in post #259

You're not equipped to discuss the Bible skippy, go back to playing your video games.

marhig

One "body", dummy.

"But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him."

"so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another."

"For we, though many, are one bread and one body; for we all partake of that one bread."

"For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit."

"But now indeed there are many members, yet one body."

"There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling"

Already, proved that Jesus is God in post #259

You're not equipped to discuss the Bible skippy, go back to playing your video games.
Jesus clearly said to be one as he and the father are one. So if we are one as they are one then that shows us that Jesus being one with the father doesn't mean that Jesus is God. And Jesus clearly says that God is his God and that the father is greater than he, and it says in the Bible that God has made Jesus both Lord and Christ. All these things show us that Jesus isn't God.

And you can call me names etc. But you just look foolish and childish.