Android internet phone app?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My cell phone gets horrible service in the building where I work but I also have an Android that I carry as a Wi Fi device. Has anyone here found a reliable internet phone an text app that they can recommend?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
GO TO YOUTUBE

I FOUND A LOT OF THEM THERE. :singer: :singer:

- I USE THE NEXUS-7 MINI TABLET -

I am not having any trouble finding them. Just having trouble finding one that works well. I thought others here might have already tried some of them.

Quincy

Have you tried Viber? It's worked well for me and it's free (although it will use your data plan if you aren't using wifi when you use Viber). You just have to make sure the person you text or phone also has the app but you can install it on anything from Windows desktop to iOS so you should be able to reach anyone.

Just google Viber or go to viber.com to check it out.

keypurr

GO TO YOUTUBE

I FOUND A LOT OF THEM THERE. :singer: :singer:

- I USE THE NEXUS-7 MINI TABLET -

I had a Nexus 7 second generation, I loved it until Google sent me an update to Lolipop. That destroyed my Nexus. I can not restore to the factory settings and google and Asus will not fix it for me. So now it is a paper weight.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Have you tried Viber? It's worked well for me and it's free (although it will use your data plan if you aren't using wifi when you use Viber). You just have to make sure the person you text or phone also has the app but you can install it on anything from Windows desktop to iOS so you should be able to reach anyone.

Just google Viber or go to viber.com to check it out.
For just calling my wife I have skype and that works fine. I tried one that gives you an actual phone number but the connection was awful. A friend at work recommended google voice, but it seems like there is some setup involved that I have not figured out just yet.