has fallen
can be found no more
is famous for trade
has many waters
has seven hills
and
it is still a mystery

Revelation 18:2King James Version (KJV)

2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

SaulToPaul 2

constantinople
has fallen
can be found no more
is famous for trade
has many waters
has seven hills
and
it is still a mystery

Revelation 18:2King James Version (KJV)

2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

:chuckle:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

It happened in 70AD to Jerusalem.

Jerusalem is the Babylon in Revelation.

(Rev 18:24) In her was found the blood of prophets and of God’s holy people, of all who have been slaughtered on the earth.

(Matt 23:35) And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:chuckle:

(Rev 18:24) In her was found the blood of prophets and of God’s holy people, of all who have been slaughtered on the earth.

(Matt 23:35) And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.

SaulToPaul 2

from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.

SaulToPaul 2

7 And, behold, there was lifted up a talent of lead: and this is a woman that sitteth in the midst of the ephah.

8 And he said, This is wickedness. And he cast it into the midst of the ephah; and he cast the weight of lead upon the mouth thereof.

9 Then lifted I up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came out two women, and the wind was in their wings; for they had wings like the wings of a stork: and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heaven.

10 Then said I to the angel that talked with me, Whither do these bear the ephah?

11 And he said unto me, To build it an house in the land of Shinar: and it shall be established, and set there upon her own base.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.

(Luke 11:51) from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who was killed between the altar and the sanctuary. Yes, I tell you, this generation will be held responsible for it all.

Not a past generation, not a future generation, THIS generation was held responsible for it.

The generation Jesus was speaking about was the generation destroyed in 70AD in Jerusalem.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
7 And, behold, there was lifted up a talent of lead: and this is a woman that sitteth in the midst of the ephah.

8 And he said, This is wickedness. And he cast it into the midst of the ephah; and he cast the weight of lead upon the mouth thereof.

9 Then lifted I up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came out two women, and the wind was in their wings; for they had wings like the wings of a stork: and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heaven.

10 Then said I to the angel that talked with me, Whither do these bear the ephah?

11 And he said unto me, To build it an house in the land of Shinar: and it shall be established, and set there upon her own base.

(Rev 18:4) “‘Come out of her, my people,
so that you will not share in her sins,
so that you will not receive any of her plagues;

(Matt 24:16) then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

SaulToPaul 2

(Rev 18:4) “‘Come out of her, my people,
so that you will not share in her sins,
so that you will not receive any of her plagues;

(Matt 24:16) then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

SaulToPaul 2

(Luke 11:51) from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who was killed between the altar and the sanctuary. Yes, I tell you, this generation will be held responsible for it all.

Not a past generation, not a future generation, THIS generation was held responsible for it.

The generation Jesus was speaking about was the generation destroyed in 70AD in Jerusalem.

47 Woe unto you! for ye build the sepulchres of the prophets, and your fathers killed them.

SaulToPaul 2

In 70AD Jerusalem was laid waste. There was nothing there, it was leveled.

8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

15 The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,

16 And saying, Alas, alas that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!

17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!

19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
47 Woe unto you! for ye build the sepulchres of the prophets, and your fathers killed them.

Explained in the next verse

(Luke 11:48) So you testify that you approve of what your ancestors did; they killed the prophets, and you build their tombs.