Adam & Eve heard the SOUND of the LORD God walking in the garden

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I totally agree, I've never said that Jesus is God, I don't believe that at all, Jesus is the Christ the son of God, anointed fully of God making him in the express image of God. But he isn't God, Jesus even calls God his God! There is only one God, God the father who is also the God of Jesus who is the Christ.

Hebrews 1:8: "But to the Son He says: 'Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom."

Jesus said we must be born of the Spirit ... and he was.

John 3:6: "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit."

The Father is the Most High God, the inference being...?

keypurr

Hebrews 1:8: "But to the Son He says: 'Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom."

John 3:6: "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit."

So are you thinking that he is "a" god? O God = a god?

Those are my thoughts since there is only one God.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So are you thinking that he is "a" god? O God = a god?

Those are my thoughts since there is only one God.

And there is only one Denver Broncos. There is only one U.S. Congress. There is only one church of God.

beameup

The point of the original post was to discuss that God, from the very beginning, revealed himself in a bodily form. Later we can discuss him revealing himself to man as "The Angel of the LORD", "The Captain of the LORD's host" (ie: angels) to Joshua, "Son of Man" in Daniel, etc.

marhig

And straight after in Hebrews 1:9

Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows

And yes, we must be born of the spirit, but being born of the spirit doesn't make us God. Only the father is the most high God, there is one God, and one Jesus Christ who is the son of the living God.

Last edited:

ThreeAngels

I read that Jesus was born many years later.
Are you assuming to much?

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app
"In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God ... All things were made by him and without him was not anything made that was made." John 1:1,3. Jesus is the Creator of the Heavens and the earth, however His incarnation only happened about 2000 years ago.

beameup

The truth though is that HaShem is of an absolute Oneness. Just according to the gospel of Jesus aka the Tanach.

Obviously, from your own Tanakh, God not only has hands, feet, a mouth, but a discernable MATERIAL BODY in some cases. That is how He presents himself from the very beginning, in Genesis. I think you live in a "dream world".

beameup

Only the father is the most high God, there is one God, and one Jesus Christ who is the son of the living God.

You better check the Bible you are using... perhaps some pages are missing.

Jesus although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be asserted, but laid aside His privileges, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Finding himself in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. .
For this reason also, [Father] God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth
- Philippians 2:6-10

marhig

You better check the Bible you are using... perhaps some pages are missing.

Jesus although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be asserted, but laid aside His privileges, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Finding himself in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. .
For this reason also, [Father] God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth
- Philippians 2:6-10

In the verses above (which you quoted) it clearly says that God highly exalted Jesus and bestowed on him the name which is above every name, making God the God of Jesus also, if Jesus was God, then God wouldn't have needed to exalt him, or bestow anything on him because Jesus would be right up there because he would be God!

Also if Jesus says that God is his father and his God, then that's good enough for me, I believe the words of Jesus himself!

beameup

In the verses above (which you quoted) it clearly says that God highly exalted Jesus and bestowed on him the name which is above every name, making God the God of Jesus also, if Jesus was God, then God wouldn't have needed to exalt him, or bestow anything on him because Jesus would be right up there because he would be God!

Also if Jesus says that God is his father and his God, then that's good enough for me, I believe the words of Jesus himself!

I think you better reread the verses again.
God takes on a human body. The resultant God-man is obedient to the God in heaven.
The God-man is crucified for the sin of mankind. The God-man is resurrected.
The God-man ascends up into heaven and sits at the right hand of the God in heaven.
The God-man Jesus intercedes between sinful man and Holy God in heaven.

marhig

I think you better reread the verses again.
God takes on a human body. The resultant God-man is obedient to the God in heaven.
The God-man is crucified for the sin of mankind. The God-man is resurrected.
The God-man ascends up into heaven and sits at the right hand of the God in heaven.
It's called the incarnation. The God-man Jesus intercedes between sinful man and Holy God in heaven.
Jesus said that God is his God, that's good enough for me! You believe what you will!

beameup

Jesus said that God is his God, that's good enough for me! You believe what you will!
Not everyone has an intercessor. An intercessor is an advocate, like an attorney.
You can dismiss the need for an advocate and appear before Almighty God and plead your case.

marhig

Not everyone has an intercessor. An intercessor is an advocate, like an attorney.
You can dismiss the need for an advocate and appear before Almighty God and plead your case.

I didn't say anything about an advocate, I'm saying that I don't believe that Jesus is God, and Jesus himself said that God is his God.

John 20:17

I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Straight from Jesus, why don't you believe him?

marhig

Who was he speaking to at the time?
it doesn't matter who he's speaking to, he clearly says that God is his God, he means what he says, there's no need to try and change what he's saying! Even the deciples say, the God of our lord Jesus Christ. So God is the God of Jesus also. It's clear as day!

Ben Masada

Obviously, from your own Tanakh, God not only has hands, feet, a mouth, but a discernable MATERIAL BODY in some cases. That is how He presents himself from the very beginning, in Genesis. I think you live in a "dream world".

Please, read Deuteronomy 4:15-19. If you don't believe it, read John 4:24 where we have Jesus witnessing that HaShem is a Spirit and, spirits are not corporeal. You are simply being too anthropomorphic. Are you a Catholic? I thought only Catholics had gods with bodies and doing every thing a human body needs.

Ben Masada

The point of the original post was to discuss that God, from the very beginning, revealed himself in a bodily form. Later we can discuss him revealing himself to man as "The Angel of the LORD", "The Captain of the LORD's host" (ie: angels) to Joshua, "Son of Man" in Daniel, etc.

Every thing is possible in a dream, even for a cow to fly.