Abraham offered-up his only son as a sacrifice to YHWH

beameup

The Akedah, or Binding of Isaac - Genesis 22
And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood.And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.
- Genesis 22:9-10

And the Angel of YHWH called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time, And said, By myself have I sworn, saith YHWH, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:

That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.
- Genesis 22:16-18

FATHER offers up his ONLY SON as a blood sacrifice

oatmeal

He did that but did so in error.

God did not tell Abe to do that.

God did not tell Abe to kill his son.

Nor to start a fire

Sacrificing children in fire is a pagan rite, not a practice condoned by God

Last edited:

beameup

The area where Abraham offered up Isaac as an offering is now located in a mostly Arab community of Silwan, which is just south of the Mount of Olives and east of the Kidron Valley. This is the "high ground" that the Romans chose to perform their crucifixions in full view of Jerusalem. This area is just east of the "old city" of David and in plain sight of where the Temple would have stood.
God is very precise... INCLUDING: "Feast" dates and hours of the day.

The sacrifice of Isaac was a "rehearsal" by Abraham of what YHWH would do with Messiah. Through this act, Abraham clearly understood the GOSPEL.

Truster

He did that but did so in error.

God did not tell Abe to do that.

You have a notion of Yah Veh Elohim that is directly opposed to His revelation of Himself as found in scripture.

If Elohim did not command Abraham in the first person, who did?