About Your Christian Life

Robert Pate

Banned
I wish that someone would have written an article like this when I first became a Christian. It could have saved me much spiritual frustration. I was taught that in order to be saved I would have to be good enough, you know a fit vessel. I knew little to nothing about the Bible, which made me a candidate for the holiness people. At one time I was the Chief of all Pharisees. If it wasn't for the teachings of people that were nonreligious and were outside of the organized church I guess that I would have remained a Pharisee.

It was the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ that caused me to see the error of my ways. The Gospel allows us to remain a sinner and still be saved. This is why Paul wrote, "But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the UNGODLY his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5. I knew in my heart that I did not measure up to what God's law demands, so I played the part of a hypocrite. Outwardly, I was a whited sepulcher, but inwardly I was full of dead men's bones, Matthew 23:27.

"Abraham believed God and it was counted unto him for righteousness" Romans 4:3. Not Abraham's works or his religious life. It was his faith that counted for righteousness. Abraham believed in God's promise of a savior. In the Old Testament era they were saved and justified because they believed in God's promise of a savior. They looked forward to seeing the savior. Today, we look back to when Jesus was here. Things have not changed we are still justified by faith. We believe God.

Religion is the opposite of faith. Saving faith is always faith in Christ and his Gospel. No works are required. Religion requires works and obedience to God's law. Works and obedience do not justify. If you are trusting in your works and your obedience you are not a Christian. What you are is religious, just like I was. One might say..."What about my Christian life"? Paul's answer to that question might be... "For you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God" Colossians 3:3. We are not called to glory in our Christian existence. Paul referred to himself as the... "Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15.

The reason that God leaves his people on this earth after they are saved is not to attain to some sort of holiness. We are already perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. We who are saved have entered into his rest, Hebrews 4:10. We are no longer striving to be good enough. Christ was good enough for us. Our purpose on this earth is to be witnesses for Christ and his Gospel.

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. Living by faith does not include living by rules, laws or religion. If you need rules, laws and religion then you are not really living by faith. Faith is really the opposite of religion. I have found that people who need religion. Don't need Christ and his Gospel.

I suppose that is why there is no Gospel in the Catholic church. Catholics do not believe that the Gospel justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5, nor do they believe that the Gospel reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. They believe that the Gospel is Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. They believe that it is the Catholic church that reconciles us to God and not Jesus Christ. Big shock for them on judgment day.

Kott

BANNED
Banned
I wish that someone would have written an article like this when I first became a Christian. It could have saved me much spiritual frustration. I was taught that in order to be saved I would have to be good enough, you know a fit vessel. I knew little to nothing about the Bible, which made me a candidate for the holiness people. At one time I was the Chief of all Pharisees. If it wasn't for the teachings of people that were nonreligious and were outside of the organized church I guess that I would have remained a Pharisee.

It was the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ that caused me to see the error of my ways. The Gospel allows us to remain a sinner and still be saved. This is why Paul wrote, "But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the UNGODLY his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5. I knew in my heart that I did not measure up to what God's law demands, so I played the part of a hypocrite. Outwardly, I was a whited sepulcher, but inwardly I was full of dead men's bones, Matthew 23:27.

"Abraham believed God and it was counted unto him for righteousness" Romans 4:3. Not Abraham's works or his religious life. It was his faith that counted for righteousness. Abraham believed in God's promise of a savior. In the Old Testament era they were saved and justified because they believed in God's promise of a savior. They looked forward to seeing the savior. Today, we look back to when Jesus was here. Things have not changed we are still justified by faith. We believe God.

Religion is the opposite of faith. Saving faith is always faith in Christ and his Gospel. No works are required. Religion requires works and obedience to God's law. Works and obedience do not justify. If you are trusting in your works and your obedience you are not a Christian. What you are is religious, just like I was. One might say..."What about my Christian life"? Paul's answer to that question might be... "For you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God" Colossians 3:3. We are not called to glory in our Christian existence. Paul referred to himself as the... "Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15.

The reason that God leaves his people on this earth after they are saved is not to attain to some sort of holiness. We are already perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. We who are saved have entered into his rest, Hebrews 4:10. We are no longer striving to be good enough. Christ was good enough for us. Our purpose on this earth is to be witnesses for Christ and his Gospel.

The real question you must ask yourself
is are you worth it to God for Him to save you?

If you say no then I highly doubt He will save you.

If you say yes then I highly believe it will be required of you
by your time here on earth to prove it.

Robert Pate

Banned
The real question you must ask yourself
is are you worth it to God for Him to save you?

If you say no then I highly doubt He will save you.

If you say yes then I highly believe it will be required of you
by your time here on earth to prove it.

Every soul is of infinite value to God because Christ died for all, Hebrews 2:9..

I am not being saved or trying to be saved. I was saved over 2000 years ago by the doing and the dying of Jesus.

If you have to do something to prove that you are saved, I doubt very much that you are saved.

Salvation always has been a free gift from God, Ephesians 2:8.

It cannot be earned or deserved.

Kott

BANNED
Banned
Every soul is of infinite value to God because Christ died for all, Hebrews 2:9..

I am not being saved or trying to be saved. I was saved over 2000 years ago by the doing and the dying of Jesus.

If you have to do something to prove that you are saved, I doubt very much that you are saved.

Salvation always has been a free gift from God, Ephesians 2:8.

It cannot be earned or deserved.
I do believe you are going to soon find
out one way or the other if all this you
have said is true or If what I have said is true.

Yes this is surely going to come to pass.

But I already know what you are going to find out.

Kott

BANNED
Banned
How many souls do you believe
are going to be in hell that thought
they were going to be in heaven?

Take a guess?

Kott

BANNED
Banned
That doesn't tell me where hell is. How do I find it? We need to look before we leap.

:popcorn:

According to that which is written in the Book of Matthew
Jesus was recorded as saying the path you are on will take you there.

If you believe this then you will have no problem achieving your goal.

Robert Pate

Banned
How many souls do you believe
are going to be in hell that thought
they were going to be in heaven?

Take a guess?

Satan is very clever. Many think that they are saved because they are religious.

Jesus said, "And few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14.

The broad way is the way of religion, "And many there be that go that way" Matthew 7:13.

I would guess that 10% of professing Christian are saved.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
But if you do not believe this you will be taken by surprise when you get there.

Ok, so you really don't know what or where "hell" is do you?

Oh well, it's not a hot topic, but I will say hell is overrated.

TweetyBird

I discovered the same thing after chasing religious practices that I was told was the "key" to find favor with God. What a delight, and joy to my soul, to come to the knowledge that in Christ is freedom, peace, all joy, the righteousness of God in Christ and so many other blessings that I could write a book :) What one does with the love of Christ in them is a reaction to the Gospel out of love and joy - not motivated by performance, but driven by the newness of life.

Robert Pate

Banned
I discovered the same thing after chasing religious practices that I was told was the "key" to find favor with God. What a delight, and joy to my soul, to come to the knowledge that in Christ is freedom, peace, all joy, the righteousness of God in Christ and so many other blessings that I could write a book :) What one does with the love of Christ in them is a reaction to the Gospel out of love and joy - not motivated by performance, but driven by the newness of life.

One of the wonderful things in Christianity is freedom. Freedom to be human.

Religion wants to steal our freedom and bring us into the bondage of the law.