Abortion///cont.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
"Personhood" laws are extremely stupid and would be disastrously counterproductive if passed .
They would make certain types of contraceptives illegal based on the specious notion that pills can "cause " abortions.
This would automatically cause a sharp INCREASE in surgical abortions . If you're opposed to abortion, you have absolutely no right to be opposed to the legality of contraceptives .
This is like wanting to prevent driving fatalities by making seat belts illegal .
A cell is not person . An acorn is not a tree . A nut or bolt is not an automobile .An egg is not a chicken .
Saying that pills cause abortions is like saying that smoke alarms cause fires .

ok doser

horn?

would you agree with the following statement?

at conception, a new, genetically unique human life is created

quip

BANNED
Banned

A 31-year-old Edmonton woman has been charged with murder after her 11-day-old daughter died...

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/7...fter-11-day-old-baby-dies-from-meth-overdose/

should this mother be charged with murder?

or should she be allowed to operate "within the moral and legal province to make her own determination" regarding the life of her child?

How was this Edmonton woman "within the moral and legal province to make her own determination"?

When you've fathomed the differing contexts....send me a P.M.

ok doser

Still working it out I see...........

lon understands the point i'm making:
:nono: else mothers would not be in prison for killing their own kids. It is always a lame excuse. As soon as a mother let her baby starve instead of allow the child to 'inconvenience' her for milk...

you apparently meant to identify a distinction that you failed to

care to clarify?

and while we're at it:
would you agree with the following statement?

at conception, a new, genetically unique human life is created

quip

BANNED
Banned
lon understands the point i'm making:

you apparently meant to identify a distinction that you failed to

care to clarify?

Clues: The distinction's generally 9 months in duration, easy to discern with the eye and highly relevant to the issue of abortion.

quip

BANNED
Banned

Would you agree with the following statement?

At conception, that 'new genetically unique human life' has to be designated as such because it cannot yet be considered a viable human infant.

quip

BANNED
Banned
very simple quip - yes or no?

The issue has never been under contention. Look at my discussions with jester. :idunno:

Now, your turn:

At conception, that 'new genetically unique human life' has to be designated as such because it cannot yet be considered a viable human infant.

very simple doser - yes or no?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned

Also because "that new genetically unique human life" can't talk? And say, "HEY, DON'T KILL ME." :idunno: