Abolish or fulfill the law?

rstrats

When the Messiah said that He had not come to abolish the law or the prophets but rather to fulfill it, was He referring to the fulfilling of the prophesies about Him in the Pentateuch or was He referring - at least as a minimum - to the keeping of the 10 Commandments?

Last edited:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When the Messiah said that He had not come to abolish the law but rather to fulfill it, was He referring to the fulfilling of the prophesies about Him in the Pentateuch or was He referring - at least as a minimum - to the keeping of the 10 Commandments?
Yes

Bradley D

We are still to live the commands! Jesus was the only one who could live the commands perfectly! "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 5:17-20)

Right Divider

Body part
We are still to live the commands!
You don't "live the commands".
Do you go to Jerusalem three times a year for the commanded feasts?
Jesus was the only one who could live the commands perfectly!
Amen!
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 5:17-20)
You are not a Jew under the Law.

Do you need a commandment to tell you how to live?

Will you murder people if you don't have "Thou shall not murder"?

Rom 6:14 (AKJV/PCE)​
(6:14) For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Last edited: