A new and living way

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I'm a Jesuit who was trained to look, smell and act like a Protestant. And then at just the right moment I spring my trap on all the losers I catch in my web and take them down to the Cathedral basement.

So what's the name of your church?

God's Truth

The Jews venerated saints,

Really? You are wrong about that:

Acts 10:25-26 As Peter entered the house, Cornelius met him and fell at his feet in reverence. But Peter made him get up. “Stand up,” he said, “I am only a man myself.”

Revelation 22:8-9 I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your fellow prophets and with all who keep the words of this scroll. Worship God!”

and the temple itself and God didn't have a problem with it. God told Moses to make a bronze serpent and Solomon to build an altar with bronze calfs and a golden throne with 12 lions and the list could go on and on.

What happened to the bronze snake after the Israelites were burning incense to it?

2 Kings 18:1 In the third year of Hoshea son of Elah king of Israel, Hezekiah son of Ahaz king of Judah began to reign. 2 He was twenty-five years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem twenty-nine years. His mother’s name was Abijah daughter of Zechariah. 3 He did what was right in the eyes of the LORD, just as his father David had done. 4 He removed the high places, smashed the sacred stones and cut down the Asherah poles. He broke into pieces the bronze snake Moses had made, for up to that time the Israelites had been burning incense to it.

God's Truth

I am here to read this thread and encourage Christians who are contributing to the topic.

why don't you reply to marhig's post?

love and peace in Christ.

What has marhig taught you in this thread today?

At least you learned something from me in this thread.

You learned that Epo is Catholic.

You learned that the founding fathers of his sect is St. Xavier and Ignatius.

You learned that St. Xavier has been canonized as a Saint by a Catholic pope.

You even got to see St. Xavier.

Epoisses

Acts 10:25-26 As Peter entered the house, Cornelius met him and fell at his feet in reverence. But Peter made him get up. “Stand up,” he said, “I am only a man myself.”

Revelation 22:8-9 I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your fellow prophets and with all who keep the words of this scroll. Worship God!”

What happened to the bronze snake after the Israelites were burning incense to it?

2 Kings 18:1 In the third year of Hoshea son of Elah king of Israel, Hezekiah son of Ahaz king of Judah began to reign. 2 He was twenty-five years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem twenty-nine years. His mother’s name was Abijah daughter of Zechariah. 3 He did what was right in the eyes of the LORD, just as his father David had done. 4 He removed the high places, smashed the sacred stones and cut down the Asherah poles. He broke into pieces the bronze snake Moses had made, for up to that time the Israelites had been burning incense to it.

Anything you place over God becomes an idol. It could be sports or money or a car or a job or even a woman. The law is spiritual in our day not written in stone so your religion is 2000 years behind the times.

Epoisses

What has marhig taught you in this thread today?

At least you learned something from me in this thread.

You learned that Epo is Catholic.

You learned that the founding fathers of his sect is St. Xavier and Ignatius.

You learned that St. Xavier has been canonized as a Saint by a Catholic pople.

You even got to see St. Xavier.

The Xavier school is from X-men, even I know that......dur!

God's Truth

Anything you place over God becomes an idol. It could be sports or money or a car or a job or even a woman. The law is spiritual in our day not written in stone so your religion is 2000 years behind the times.

We are talking though about your denomination of choice. I responded to everything that you said in that post to me. Why won't you do the same?

God's Truth

Under the new covenant we are:

a new man

and a new creation

of the new birth

with a new name

serving in a new and living way

with newness of Spirit

by a new commandment of love

of Jesus in the new Jerusalem

looking for new heavens and a new earth

where we will sing a new song

and drink new wine

I like all the 'new' point that you made.

Let's talk about that more?

marhig

I'm a Jesuit who was trained to look, smell and act like a Protestant. And then at just the right moment I spring my trap on all the losers I catch in my web and take them down to the Cathedral basement.
I came from a Protestant family, and my mum's best friends were Catholic, they were very close, but they weren't supposed to mix. But now, they all go to the same house meeting, and have left religion behind. They now truly follow the way of Jesus, Jesus isn't a denomination but a way. He brought us new and living way to follow, many speak great swelling words and say that they love Jesus, but their heart is far from him. They live their lives contrary to what Jesus taught and how he lived and love their life in this world and put their flesh before God. All those who truly belong to Jesus have him in their hearts, and he can be seen in them, because they will bring forth the fruits of the Spirit as he did, and will have his life in and through them.

In another thread, they were talking about branches being taken and cut off from the bad olive tree, and then being grafted into the good olive tree, and we'll know those truly grafted in and brought back to God through Christ, because their branch will bare the same good fruit as Jesus did, they will bring forth leaves for healing and fruit for feeding and they will produce the same fruit as the tree they are branching out from. A tree doesn't bring forth different fruits but the same. There is no such thing as denominations in Christ. All those who truly have been grafted in bare the same fruit as Jesus.

God doesn't look at the denomination, he looks at the heart, he looks at the soft ground receiving the seed, drinking in the water poured upon it, and then eventually they will be blessed by God and bring forth the fruit of the Spirit bringing forth God's increase and baring witness to the truth as they walk in the Spirit and live by the will of God, once they are blessed to be enlightened and have the life of his son brought into their hearts through the Spirit.

There is no denomination in Christ, no Catholic no Protestant, no religion, no Jew and no gentile there is just one body full of members brought to life by God, through the power of the Spirit, being saved by the blood of Christ, the poured out life of Christ that flows through them, bringing life to the members of the body, by the power of the Spirit. And they are all one in God and Christ and all have the same image as Christ in their lives and they are living in a new and living way, and truly following Jesus..