A God who hides Himself

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]A God who hides Himself[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There would be no need for faith, if God did not hide Himself.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Only those who have faith have a love for God.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The next scheduled event for the world to hear God aloud is after the death of the Two Witnesses. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 11:12. Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.” And they went up to heaven in a cloud, while their enemies looked on.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Best Guess:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] This event may take place around the year 2112 AD.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Job 34:29[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But if he remains silent, who can condemn him? If he hides his face, who can see him? Yet he is over individual and nation alike,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Isaiah 45:15[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Truly you are a God who has been hiding himself[/FONT][FONT=&quot], the God and Savior of Israel.[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Isaiah 64:7[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]No one calls on your name or strives to lay hold of you; for you have hidden your face from us and have given us over to our sins.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John 1:18[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son[/FONT][FONT=&quot], who is himself is a god and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1 John 4:12[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]No one has ever seen God[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
[Exo 33:17-23

17 So the LORD said to Moses, "I will also do this thing that you have spoken; for you have found grace in My sight, and I know you by name."
18 And he said, "Please, show me Your glory."
19 Then He said, "I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."

20 But He said, "You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live."

21 And the LORD said, "Here is a place by Me, and you shall stand on the rock.
22 "So it shall be, while My glory passes by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock, and will cover you with My hand while I pass by. 23 "Then I will take away My hand, and you shall see My back; but My face shall not be seen."

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The hidden is only seemingly 'hidden'......

The hidden is only seemingly 'hidden'......

Would anyone like to venture a guess as to why God hides Himself?

I think the language being used here is more 'figurative', 'metaphoric' in the context, since a 'God' that is infinite is always more or less hidden from view from the finite senses. So, the 'figure of speech' is about an obscurity of 'God' and the soul's vision of him, or that sense of closeness, communion, relationship.

While 'God' is omnipresent, the soul's awareness of Deity may be more or less shrouded, hence he is said to abide in a dark cloud, or the immense darkness. At the same time 'God' is LIGHT :) - so, the omnipresence of Spirit is all-pervading, within all dimensions and without dimension, yet all-inclusive.

'God' as the absolute reality abiding NOW, in every moment is the absolute reality BEING. There is no 'other', none besides,....there is God ONLY, as ALL that IS. - so, again, all comes back to our relative and limited perception of 'God' in space or time, or by some relativity/constrast of distance or seperation. Right NOW though, in 'God', in the All that IS...there is no distance, seperation, division, or difference, there is just One Indivisible Presence.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Would anyone like to venture a guess as to why God hides Himself?
I would go so far as to assert that God has not hidden Himself, but has instead revealed Himself to us through not only His word, the Bible, but also through nature. One only has to look.

"Blind faith" is not very strong. Many people think that faith is all we need (and when speaking of salvation, it is all we need, but for sharing the reason we believe with those who haven't accepted God, they need more to be convinced).

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. - Hebrews 11:1 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews11:1&version=NKJV

Faith itself is evidence. And in that way, God has revealed His existence.