In Our Name and On Our Behalf

Robert Pate

Banned
All that Jesus is and was, was for us. All that Jesus did in his life, death and resurrection was for our justification. Jesus is God's justifier and savior. All that Jesus did, he did in our name and on our behalf, just like we did it ourselves.

"To declare, I say, at this time HIS righteousness: that he might be just and the JUSTIFIER of him that believes in Jesus" Romans 3:26.

There is no Calvinism, Catholicism or any kind of a religion in this scripture. The scripture plainly states that Jesus is the justifier of him that believes in him. Who does Jesus justify? Jesus justifies the ungodly.

"But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

Faith, not works or obedience counts for righteousness. No one needs to be predestinated. No one needs to Join the Catholic church. No one needs to do anything except to believe in Jesus. What should we believe in Jesus? We should believe that Jesus has atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Salvation always has been and always will be by grace through faith. If you don't believe that Jesus is the savior of the whole world, then you probably do not believe that Jesus is Lord.

We are justified by faith because we are justified by Christ. Jesus is also our mediator. He is mediating his righteousness in our name and on our behalf. The scripture says, "There is one God and one mediator between God and men the man Jesus Christ. Who gave himself a ransom FOR ALL, to be testified in due time" 1 Timothy 2:5, 6. Sorry Catholics, it is not the Catholic church or the pope. Only Jesus Christ can be man's mediator. Only Jesus Christ has a righteousness that is acceptable to God.

Robert Pate

Banned
Why can't Calvinists and Catholics be saved by God's grace through faith?

If you believe that Jesus has saved you by HIS life, HIS death, His resurrection. Then you will not need a religion. Religion like Calvinism, Catholicism, etc. Is not a sign of faith, it is a sign that there is no faith. Like the song says... "On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand". The sinking sand is your religion. What it comes down to, is what are you trusting in?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What it comes down to, is what are you trusting in?

As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving. (Colossians 2:5)​

We're just lucky our Leader was not a religious man, otherwise we would want to be like him instead of being without faith as you advocate.

Robert Pate

Banned
As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving. (Colossians 2:5)​

We're just lucky our Leader was not a religious man, otherwise we would want to be like him instead of being without faith as you advocate.

Trying to be like Jesus is not the same as trusting in Jesus.

This is what caused Satan's fall. "I will be like the most high" Isaiah 14:14.

beloved57

If you believe that Jesus has saved you by HIS life, HIS death, His resurrection. Then you will not need a religion. Religion like Calvinism, Catholicism, etc. Is not a sign of faith, it is a sign that there is no faith. Like the song says... "On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand". The sinking sand is your religion. What it comes down to, is what are you trusting in?

You teach that those Christ died for Will wind up in hell for their sins in unbelief, making Christ death ineffectual to save.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
By what you confess. To him who works, the works are counted as debt.

Sin is a debt but work is not sin. Works are not for salvation, Paul made that clear to many.

God worked through Jesus and Jesus works through us. We rest on the Sabbath.

Seven times Jesus refers to works in his messages to his congregations in Revelation 2 & 3.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
To him who works, the works are counted as debt.
AMEN!

No need to try and sin more, thinking you will get more grace (Rom 6:1) -------- Ain't gonna happen no matter what your behavior is.
No need to try and work your way to salvation ------------ Ain't gonna happen no matter what your behavior is.

Danoh

AMEN!

No need to try and sin more, thinking you will get more grace (Rom 6:1) -------- Ain't gonna happen no matter what your behavior is.
No need to try and work your way to salvation ------------ Ain't gonna happen no matter what your behavior is.

Yep - and as with Romans 5:1 and Galatians 3:3; Romans 1:6 is one of the strongest passages on the eternal security of the Believer in all Scripture.

Robert Pate

Banned
Sin is a debt but work is not sin. Works are not for salvation, Paul made that clear to many.

God worked through Jesus and Jesus works through us. We rest on the Sabbath.

Seven times Jesus refers to works in his messages to his congregations in Revelation 2 & 3.

If you have to rest on the Sabbath day then you are under the law.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If you have to rest on the Sabbath day then you are under the law.

Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it... (Genesis 2:3)​

God has never retracted his blessing on the seventh day.

You seem to believe God made a mistake with the day of rest, I don't.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

GOD only mandated it to Israel who were slaves in Egypt and their descendants as an obligation and as a sign between Him and them.

It is not an obligation under the gospel of the grace of GOD.

Rom_15:18 For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed,

Paul never mentioned it except in relation to the believer's liberty in such matters.

Robert Pate

Banned

That is because you are dabbling in Judaism.