1 John 4:2

Status
Not open for further replies.

keypurr

(ESV) By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,

(Geneva) Hereby shall ye know the Spirit of God, Euery spirit which confesseth that Iesus Christ is come in the flesh, is of God.

(GNB) This is how you will be able to know whether it is God's Spirit: anyone who acknowledges that Jesus Christ came as a human being has the Spirit who comes from God.

(ISV) This is how you can recognize God's Spirit: Every spirit who acknowledges that Jesus the Messiah has become human—and remains so—is from God.

(KJV) Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:1 John 4:2

1Jn 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
1Jn 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
1Jn 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

YHWH sent his son, not himself. The son is not God he is a form of god. The true Christ is a spirit.

way 2 go

(ESV) By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,

(Geneva) Hereby shall ye know the Spirit of God, Euery spirit which confesseth that Iesus Christ is come in the flesh, is of God.

(GNB) This is how you will be able to know whether it is God's Spirit: anyone who acknowledges that Jesus Christ came as a human being has the Spirit who comes from God.

(ISV) This is how you can recognize God's Spirit: Every spirit who acknowledges that Jesus the Messiah has become human—and remains so—is from God.

(KJV) Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:1 John 4:2

1Jn 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
1Jn 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
1Jn 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

YHWH sent his son, not himself. The son is not God he is a form of god. The true Christ is a spirit.

your conclusion is not supported by your verses .

Jesus is the word , Jesus is God.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

keypurr

your conclusion is not supported by your verses .

Jesus is the word , Jesus is God.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

You not find support for your belief that Jesus is God in these verses or any other in the Bible as these verses tell you that Jesus is a man and the spirit in him is the spirit son.

JESUS is not the WORD, the WORD was IN him.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You not find support for your belief that Jesus is God in these verses or any other in the Bible as these verses tell you that Jesus is a man and the spirit in him is the spirit son.

JESUS is not the WORD, the WORD was IN him.

The verse is there. You just do not believe it.

John 20:28 New Living Translation (NLT)
28 “My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed.

TrevorL

Greetings keypurr,
1 John 4:2 (ESV) By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,

Another alternative is that Jesus Christ came in the flesh as 1 John 4:2 clearly states. He was not a God who also took on flesh and became a God-man, neither was He a Spirit who also took on flesh and became a Spirit-man . Jesus was a human with God the Father as his father and Mary as his mother, and as such he was a human being similar to us. Also because God was his father, he was the Son of God.
Luke 1:34–35 (KJV): 34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? 35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
Hebrews 2:14 (KJV): Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Kind regards
Trevor

keypurr

The verse is there. You just do not believe it.

John 20:28 New Living Translation (NLT)
28 “My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed.

This thread is about 1 John 4:2.

We have discussed in the past.

Some notes I saved from someone who knows.

John 20 Thomas said
Thomas' worship of the risen Jesus as "My Lord and my God"

This is why Jesus did not rebuke Thomas when he fell at his feet and worshiped the risen Lord. Not because Jesus knew himself to be Jehovah God and this fact had finally dawned on Thomas. Rather, it was homage it proffered to Jesus as God's ordained Messiah. Jesus can be worshiped as the Lord Messiah. In fact, this is clearly what the writer John means by reporting this incident, for the very next two verses say that these things "have been written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ (Messiah), the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in his name" (John 20:31).

To say that Thomas was worshiping Jesus as Almighty God is to directly contradict John's own stated purpose for writing his whole Gospel. When Thomas fell at Jesus' feet and worshiped him, Thomas was at last recognizing that the resurrected Jesus was the long promised Lord Messiah. Thomas' language it was steeped in Old Testament concepts.

keypurr

Greetings keypurr, Another alternative is that Jesus Christ came in the flesh as 1 John 4:2 clearly states. He was not a God who also took on flesh and became a God-man, neither was He a Spirit who also took on flesh and became a Spirit-man . Jesus was a human with God the Father as his father and Mary as his mother, and as such he was a human being similar to us. Also because God was his father, he was the Son of God.
Luke 1:34–35 (KJV): 34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? 35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
Hebrews 2:14 (KJV): Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Kind regards
Trevor

I at one time would agree, but not now. The spirit son entered Jesus at his anointing. Jesus is the body God prepared for his spirit son, the logos. Heb 10:5 and Acts 10:38 tell us that. Jesus is the flesh son, that is not in dispute. But it is the Spirit Son that BECAME flesh in the flesh. The spirit son was at the creation, not Jesus. The spirit son spoke through Jesus.

Consider that Trev, welcome to the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.