You Must be Born Again by the Word of God

Robert Pate

Banned
There are millions and millions of people that profess to be Christians that have not been born again by the word of God.

Jesus said to Nicodemus, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God. John 1:3.

Being born again is spiritual. If you don't have the Holy Spirit you will not understand what it means to be born again. Nicodemus could not understand what Jesus was talking about. Just like many of you that read this article will not understand what I am talking about.

Peter said, "Being born again, not of corruptible seed (Adam) but of incorruptible (Christ) BY THE WORD OF GOD, which lives and abides forever" 1 Peter 1:23.

What is the word of God? The word of God is either the law or the Gospel. In this case it is the Gospel. Those that are born again are those that hear and believe the Gospel. They were born again in the Old Testament by believing in God's promise of a savior.

On the day of Pentecost, Peter preached the Gospel for the very first time. Those that heard and believed Peter's Gospel were born again. The number was about 8,000, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4. They heard the Gospel, they believed the Gospel. God gave them the Holy Spirit and they were born again.

Paul wrote to the Galatians that were trying to be saved by works, "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith? (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2. We hear the Gospel we believe the Gospel and we are born again by the word of God which is the Gospel. This also confirms what Paul said "So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

WHAT IS THE GOSPEL?

Not many hear and believe the Gospel, this is why they are NOT born again. The Gospel is that work that Jesus did in our name and on our behalf. In our name and on our behalf Jesus has fulfilled all of the demands of God's Holy Law. Jesus has offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his holy law. It was this life that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26. We have been justified by the life of Christ. This is the only life that God accepts for our salvation. We are accepted only in him and because of him. After Jesus fulfilled the law for us, he abolished it, Ephesians 2:15. We are no longer under the law, nor are we subject to it.

That was not enough. Jesus, in our name and on our behalf took our place on the cross and atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. "For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21. As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil have been destroyed, Romans 6:6. We now stand as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. No religion needed. If you need a religion to save you, you are not saved. Only those who believe this Gospel are born again and have eternal life.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Peter said, "Being born again, not of corruptible seed (Adam) but of incorruptible (Christ) BY THE WORD OF GOD, which lives and abides forever" 1 Peter 1:23.

Being born again, not in a corruptible body, but in an incorruptible body.

Only one person in the history of humankind has been born again with an incorruptible body.

In conjunction with the heavenly body comes immortality, no longer subject to a second death.

This birth of the heavenly body occurs at Christ's manifestation of himself to the world.

He and his transition team will assume the government of the world.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Could you please quote Peter's words where he preached the "gospel of grace" on the day of Pentecost?

You don't understand Pentecost do you?

At the first Pentecost in Arabia God gave the people his covenant.

At the Pentecost in Jerusalem in 30 CE God gave the power to keep his covenant.

At the Pentecost occurring at Christ's manifestation the firstfruits will be harvested.

Robert Pate

Banned
Hi Robert,

Could you please quote Peter's words where he preached the "gospel of grace" on the day of Pentecost?

Thanks!

We don't really know that Peter preached a "Gospel of grace" But we do know that whatever Peter preached was accompanied by the Holy Spirit, because thousand were convicted of their need of Christ and became Christians, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4.

I believe that Peter had some issues because he had to be corrected by Paul, Galatians 2:11-14.

Jerry Shugart

We don't really know that Peter preached a "Gospel of grace" But we do know that whatever Peter preached was accompanied by the Holy Spirit, because thousand were convicted of their need of Christ and became Christians, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4.

Yes, there were thousands saved on the day of Pentecost, and they received life when they believed the truth which the Apostle John speaks of here:

"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name"
(Jn.20:31).​

Thanks for your remarks, Robert!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Perhaps you could be so kind as to quote Peter preaching the "gospel of grace" on the day of Pentecost?

Christ revealed his gospel of grace through the baptism of Cornelius. The account is given in Acts 15.

Prior to Cornelius the church did not understand the wall of separation between Jews and non-Jews no longer existed.

Jerry Shugart

Christ revealed his gospel of grace through the baptism of Cornelius. The account is given in Acts 15.

Prior to Cornelius the church did not understand the wall of separation between Jews and non-Jews no longer existed.

Are you saying that the gospel which was preached to Cornelius (Acts 10:37) was the "gospel of grace"?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Are you saying that the gospel which was preached to Cornelius (Acts 10:37) was the "gospel of grace"?

Acts 15:7-9 And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them: “Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe. So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit just as He did to us*and made no distinction between us and them purifying their hearts by faith.

Jerry Shugart

Acts 15:7-9 And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them: “Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe. So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit just as He did to us*and made no distinction between us and them purifying their hearts by faith.

That doesn't answer my question.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Perhaps you could be so kind as to quote Peter preaching the "gospel of grace" on the day of Pentecost?

Thanks!

Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
Eph 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
Eph 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
Eph 1:8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
Eph 1:9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

You should be able to see the Gospel of Grace in those verses.

LA

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
That doesn't answer my question.

All salvation is by grace through faith. It's been that way since Abel.

However, feel free to judge Peter's faith. You have anyway.

The NT church is built on Cephas (rock), the first person to welcome a Roman into the church.

I don't understand your question so I won't answer it. Try a different question.

Also, the gospel is not what saves, it's Jesus (Savior).

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
All salvation is by grace through faith. It's been that way since Abel.

However, feel free to judge Peter's faith. You have anyway.

The NT church is built on Cephas (rock), the first person to welcome a Roman into the church.

I don't understand your question so I won't answer it. Try a different question.

Also, the gospel is not what saves, it's Jesus (Savior).

Hate to burst your bubble. The New Testament Church is built on Jesus. Stop misinterpreting Matthew 16:18.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hate to burst your bubble. The New Testament Church is built on Jesus. Stop misinterpreting Matthew 16:18.

Stop misunderstanding. Jesus did not go to Gentiles and forbid his disciples from going. Jesus was sent to his Father's firstborn. In case you don't know who the Father's firstborn was you can check here: Exodus 4:22-23). You will probably not believe the story.

Jesus sent his apostles to all people.

Matthew 16:18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church...

Jesus addressed Simon as Simon bar Jonah and Cephas is Aramaic for rock. Jesus gave the disciples the authority to legislate for the NT church.

Jesus was talking to Cephas, not to himself. But you're not the only who rejects scripture.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Stop misunderstanding. Jesus did not go to Gentiles and forbid his disciples from going. Jesus was sent to his Father's firstborn. In case you don't know who the Father's firstborn was you can check here: Exodus 4:22-23). You will probably not believe the story.

Jesus sent his apostles to all people.

Matthew 16:18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church...

Jesus addressed Simon as Simon bar Jonah and Cephas is Aramaic for rock. Jesus gave the disciples the authority to legislate for the NT church.

Jesus was talking to Cephas, not to himself. But you're not the only who rejects scripture.

So you are saying that Christ is not the cornerstone of His church. That's heretical

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So you are saying that Christ is not the cornerstone of His church. That's heretical

Jesus did not say Peter was the cornerstone. The NT church began with the NT which began at Jesus' resurrection. The NT church is based on the power of the holy spirit, Jesus being the administrator of the holy spirit. If a person does not have the Spirit of Christ that person does not belong to Christ.

Peter provided the keys to the kingdom for the Father's firstborn. The keys were expanded in Acts 15 to include non-Jews since the Jewish ordinances were not applicable to the church. The NT church was established in the context of the NT which was not in effect in Matthew 16.

Jesus had no authority to annul the ordinances of the Mosaic covenant. He said expressly he did not come to abolish the law.

Jesus' marriage to the Father's firstborn was binding until his death. Death terminates a marriage.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus did not say Peter was the cornerstone. The NT church began with the NT which began at Jesus' resurrection. The NT church is based on the power of the holy spirit, Jesus being the administrator of the holy spirit. If a person does not have the Spirit of Christ that person does not belong to Christ.

Peter provided the keys to the kingdom for the Father's firstborn. The keys were expanded in Acts 15 to include non-Jews since the Jewish ordinances were not applicable to the church. The NT church was established in the context of the NT which was not in effect in Matthew 16.

Jesus had no authority to annul the ordinances of the Mosaic covenant. He said expressly he did not come to abolish the law.

Jesus' marriage to the Father's firstborn was binding until his death. Death terminates a marriage.

Jesus fulfilled the law and then he abolished it, Ephesians 2:15.

Christians are not under the law, nor are they subject to it. We are called to live by the Spirit of Christ and by faith.