Yah

CherubRam

Yah.

Exodus 23:21. Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him.

Psalm 68:4. Sing to Elohiym, sing praise to His name, extol Him who rides on the clouds His name is Yah and rejoice before Him.

John 5:43. I have come in my Father's name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.

The best evidence is that his proper name was "y'shua". But Galileans always dropped their 'ayins', hence "y'shu" for which in the talmud many Jewish people use as an acronym meaning “may his name be blotted out”.

The name Jesus is an unknown word that was invented. In the NIV Exhaustive Concordance you will find the name Joshua along with the name Jesus. In English the name Joshua is pronounced Jah/ shoo/ ah. We do know as a matter of fact that “Jah” in Greek is for “Yah” in Hebrew and English.

The assignment of the vowels in Hebrew are arbitrary, in order to hide his real name. This is also true of God’s own personal name which is Yahwah.
The Orthodox Jews believe that it is their duty to conceal God’s personal name from the public.
So if you wish to use the Messiah’s real name in English that would be “Yahshua.”

Numbers 13:16 (Moses gave Hoshea son of Nun the name Joshua.)

Why did Moses give Hosea the name Joshua? (Yahshua)

Last edited: