World Peace ?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Beauty pageant entrants say they want 'world peace'. Churches ask God to give us 'world peace'.
Please read the New Testament and see that 'world peace' is NOT God's will for our world.
Even if it was their prayer asking God to give us world peace would be answered by God:
" If you want world peace then don't just ask me to do it. You get off your backside and work for world peace." Prayers for world peace, or anything else, without taking some action yourself is hypocrisy or ignorance or delusion or a waste of breath.

Shalom.

The idea of world peace may be a good idea because we want the world to have peace as much as we have peace. If we do not have peace we want to have peace. But Matthew through Revelation, even when we do not call it the New Testament, says much about peace. Also, Jesus, Yeshua, said that He did not come to bring peace but a sword. He said that in this world you will have trouble but I leave you my peace. He said my peace I give you, not as the world gives.

Matthew 10:34 NIV 34 "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

John 14:27 NIV 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

John 16:33 NIV 33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

The word shalom means peace.

Shalom.

Jacob