Why Do We Believe Paul?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Remember, Calvin came out of the Catholic church and brought a certain amount of Catholic beliefs with him. You might say: "He was a Glorified Catholic."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Unless Calvin and his ilk heard and responded to the Grace Gospel that Paul preached, they will stand before God and be judged by their works and cast into the Lake of Fire.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Many who have heard the Gospel and rejected it will end up judged and cast into the Lake of Fire. Revelation 20:12 "And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."

Lilstu

Was Paul willing to LIE to convince you?
Romans 3:7
But if through my lie the truth of God abounded to His glory, why am I also still being judged as a sinner?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
God ordered the killings of Israel's enemies in the Old Testament. He ordered them to do battle with their enemies. Ananias and Sapphira were killed for lying to the Holy Spirit. None of these were killed for heresy. Come on Cruc, you made an accusation and it's time to back it up.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If we're using the Bible as our background, in truth we'd be hard-pressed to find a single example of God ordering the killing of a Heretic. I believe Crucible misspoke and that's why we only hear a "Cricket Choir" on his side of the fence.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Even after Moses returned from the Mountain and eyed the debauchery taking place from the "Chosen people" Moses asked that those who followed God were to come over to him (Moses) The one's that didn't were ordered to be slain by the swords of those who did. Unlike the Charlton Heston version where the earth opened and they were swallowed up.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'd be obliged if somebody could show me one single verse that showed that God ordered the killing of a single Heretic, like Crucible mentioned? Set me straight, I'm open to new information and will even apologize to Crucible if it's a clear cut mention from the word of God?

Status
Not open for further replies.