WHO ARE THE REMNANT

OCTOBER23

WHO ARE THE REMNANT HERE ????

ARE THEY THE BRIDE , THE CHURCH, THE LAODICEAN CHURCH ?:confused:

Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 3:16 So then because thou (LAODICEAN CHURCH) art lukewarm,

and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
================================

Zechariah 8:12 For the seed shall be prosperous; the vine shall give her fruit, and the ground shall give her increase, and the heavens shall give their dew; and I will cause the remnant of this people to possess all these things.
Matthew 22:6 And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.
Romans 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:
Romans 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
Revelation 11:13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.
Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Revelation 19:21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

northwye

During the last fifteen years or so, some people have become interested in the remnant. I remember that back in the mid nineties I had friends who were Calvinists and talked about coming out of the churches because the churches were not teaching the truth. But I do not remember any mention of the remnant by those people.

Not all who write or talk about the remnant now are the remnant. And in scripture there is no remnant of the church. The remnant comes out of the church as Revelation 18: 4 says to do. Scripture describes some of the characteristics of the remnant.

Zephaniah 3: 12-13 says "I will also leave in the midst of thee an afflicted and poor people, and they shall trust in the name of the LORD.
13. The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth: for they shall feed and lie down, and none shall make them afraid."

Revelation 14: 4-6 says "These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
5. And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
6. And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, "

Revelation 14: 4-6 is, in part, written in metaphoric language, unlike Zephaniah 3: 12-13. The 144,000 is said to not be defiled with women and are virgins. This is metaphor and the key to understanding it is Revelation 17: 1-11. The remnant, the 144,000, follow Christ wherever he goes, meaning they are led by Christ alone and not by doctrines of men, that is, traditions of men (Matthew 15: 6).

"In their mouths was found no guile." Guile is from Strong's 1388, "dolos, to decoy, a trick, wile,craft, deceit, guile, subtilty."

Remember that Zephaniah 3: 13 says "The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth." This is saying the same thing as Revelation 14: 5, "in their mouth was found no guile."

A distinguishing trait of the remnant is that they are not deceptive, in our present day age of deception, which is also the age of the psychopath. One of the traits of the psychopath is persistent telling of lies.

As part of not being deceptive in the age of deception, the remnant also comes out of the bondage to the dialectic way of thinking and of defending and promoting doctrines. This is subtle, and hard for many to understand.

The dialectic was used by the Serpent-Dragon in Genesis 3: 1-6 where he talked Eve out of obedience to God and brought about the Fall.

"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:" I Timothy 6: 20

The Textus Receptus says "ω τιμοθεε την παρακαταθηκην φυλαξον εκτρεπομενος τας βεβηλους κενοφωνιας και αντιθεσεις της ψευδωνυμου γνωσεως"

Oppositions is from αντιθεσεις, or antithesis. Wait a minute! Anti-thesis? Thats part of the Hegelian dialectic. How did that Greek word get in I Timothy 6: 20?

antithesis is Strong's Exhaustive Concordance number 477, which is said to mean "opposition, i.e., a conflict of theories." In the Hegelian dialectic there is an opposition of two positions (theories, if you wish).

The "knowledge" which is seen by those who use these oppositions of knowledge, the anti-thesis of knowledge, have a "knowledge" that is falsely named.

This is exactly what the Hegelian dialectic in the hands of the Marxists does. The opposition of two positions, or two theories or two beliefs (attitudes, world views), produces a synthesis which is falsely seen as "knowledge," or is presented as knowledge, when it is not true knowledge, because it is a compromise with the absolute truth of the word of God.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialectic

"Dialectic (also dialectics and the dialectical method), from Ancient Greek διαλεκτική, is a method of argument.....The word dialectic originated in ancient Greece, and was made popular by Plato in the Socratic dialogues."

"In classical philosophy, dialectic (Greek: διαλεκτική) is a form of reasoning based upon dialogue of arguments and counter-arguments, advocating propositions (theses) and counter-propositions (antitheses)."

"Aristotle said that it was the pre-Socratic philosopher Zeno of Elea who invented dialectic, of which the dialogues of Plato are the examples of the Socratic dialectical method."

The dialectic is a form of deception and the Marxist version of the Hegelian dialectic has been developed into a belief and attitude change procedure, which also infiltrated the churches in the 20th century.

I was in two Yahoo Groups back from 2003 to 2010 which included many who were then interested in the remnant. But the moderators of both groups decided that it was better to do away with the groups in part because of the factions which developed, especially in the second group. The factions were using something like the dialectic to argue their positions.

The present day remnant - those who are very interested in the remnant and it coming out of the churches - is not organized. The remnant must not be degraded by use of some cult practices. It must remain free of cult traits. Though it is not organized, members get together by use of the Internet and sometimes by phone.

I just typed in to Google "the principle of the remnant." It says "About 6,780,000 results (0.46 seconds) ."

Only a few Google results are links to articles on the Internet titled "The Principle of the Remnant." Many of the other links are just to "remnant."

The Remnant Principle - Light Of The World Missions
www.lightoftheworldmissions.com/letters.70.html

By Dr. Richard Ing. November 28, 2008. THE REMNANT PRINCIPLE. I recently received a newsletter from Craig Blackwood, written by Chip Brogden and ...
[PDF]The Principle of the Remnant Romans 9:27 Sermon ...
www.worldinvisible.com/avlib/transcripts/rom0927.pdf

The Principle of the Remnant. Romans 9:27. Sermon Transcript by Rev. Ernest O'Neill. This is just an illustration because you know God has told us, we should ...
The Remnant Principle - 5 - Sermon Index

www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid...
That is the Remnant Principle. Third, whenever we touch something of God's Purpose, whenever we catch a vision of something of Heaven, whenever we see ...

The Remnant Principle - MorningStar Ministries
https://www.morningstarministries.org/.../remnant-principle-great-commi...
This week we will continue to cover the remnant principle and how it applies to today. I will use a bit of our American history for this, but regardless of what ...
The Remnant Principle - Touch of Faith Ministry

www.touchoffaith.org/sermons/remnant_principle.htm
According to the remnant principle which operated throughout the entire coarse of Bible history, and which may be presumed to operate today, only a minority of ...

The principle of the remnant refers to the doctrine that when the multitude goes into false doctrines and practices, God always raises up a remnant to carry on his work of redemption.

RBBI

The remnant are Jews (circumcised of heart) who have never known a woman (not one with Jezebel). And there is a remnant within the remnant, the Seed which is Christ, the firstfruits, our tithe. Blessings....

beloved57

WHO ARE THE REMNANT HERE ????

ARE THEY THE BRIDE , THE CHURCH, THE LAODICEAN CHURCH ?:confused:

Revelation 3:16 So then because thou (LAODICEAN CHURCH) art lukewarm,

and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
================================

Zechariah 8:12 For the seed shall be prosperous; the vine shall give her fruit, and the ground shall give her increase, and the heavens shall give their dew; and I will cause the remnant of this people to possess all these things.
Matthew 22:6 And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.
Romans 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:
Romans 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
Revelation 11:13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.
Revelation 19:21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

The remnant is the Church, the Body of Christ !

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The remnant is the last part of the whole, which went before it.

Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Can only be believers in Christ of no particular race--

Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
Rev 7:10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

LA

CherubRam

Revelation 7
9 After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. 10 And they cried out in a loud voice:
“Salvation belongs to our God,
who sits on the throne,
and to the Lamb.”

13 Then one of the elders asked me, “These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?”
14 I answered, “Sir, you know.”
And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Revelation 18:4
Then I heard another voice from heaven say: “‘Come out of her, my people,’ so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues;

The remnant is a body of believers who are under Satan's influence. So what does Satan do? Satan introduces false doctrines and traditions of mankind.

Bradley D

"A remnant will return, a remnant of Jacob will return to the Mighty God" (Isaiah 10:21).

I believe that the remnant includes the Jews. It is God's promise to Abraham.

"For he remembered his holy promise given to his servant Abraham" (Psalm 105:42).