What kind of sin is so great as to kindle the wrath of God?

marke

2 Kings 22:17
Because they have forsaken me, and have burned incense unto other gods, that they might provoke me to anger with all the works of their hands; therefore my wrath shall be kindled against this place, and shall not be quenched.

Is it safe to assume God's wrath was not kindled in this instance before it was kindled for these offenses?

marke

God does not send sinners to hell in love. God does not send sinners to hell for little sins. God does not send the innocent to hell for sins committed by others, including Adam's sins. God sends sinners to hell for rejecting the light He has clearly revealed unto them by the Holy Ghost. Such willful rejection of God's clear enlightenment kindles His wrath against the rebels.

marke

Why do sinners go to hell? Amazingly, many Christians cannot clearly explain the "why." They just assume it is because they sin and God hates sin. But God does not hate all sinners and never because they are born in sin and sin in ignorance. Condemnation to hell results from rejecting the light clearly revealed to the sinner by the Holy Ghost, leaving them without excuse.

Romans 1:20
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: