What Impresses You?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
ABUNDANCE OF VERSES OR CARNALITY (IN YOUR MIND)

1 Cor 15:1-3
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand,
2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you-- unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
Matt 12:34
34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
John 10:10
10 "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
2 Cor 3:4-6
4 And we have such trust through Christ toward God.
5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God,
6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
John 7:18
18 "He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but he who seeks the glory of the One who sent Him is true, and no unrighteousness is in Him.
John 3:34
34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
Matt 12:34-37
34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
35 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
Luke 8:18
18 "Therefore take heed how you hear. For whoever has, to him more will be given; and whoever does not have, even what he seems to have will be taken from him."
John 14:24-26
24 "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.
25 "These things I have spoken to you while being present with you.
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
Matt 18:20
20 "For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them."
2 Cor 10:3-5
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
1 Cor 11:31
31 For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged.
John 7:24
24 "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment."
I Jn 2:15-17
15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world-- the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life-- is not of the Father but is of the world.
17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.
Rev 3:17
17 "Because you say, 'I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing'-- and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked--
1 Tim 6:5
5 useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself.
2 Cor 8:9
9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich.
James 2:5-7
5 Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?
6 But you have dishonored the poor man. Do not the rich oppress you and drag you into the courts?
7 Do they not blaspheme that noble name by which you are called?
Luke 12:15
15 And He said to them, "Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses."
2 Cor 8:12-15
12 For if there is first a willing mind, it is accepted according to what one has, and not according to what he does not have.
13 For I do not mean that others should be eased and you burdened;
14 but by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may supply their lack, that their abundance also may supply your lack-- that there may be equality.
15 As it is written, "He who gathered much had nothing left over, and he who gathered little had no lack."
Acts 20:34-35
34 "Yes, you yourselves know that these hands have provided for my necessities, and for those who were with me.
35 "I have shown you in every way, by laboring like this, that you must support the weak. And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'"
1 Pet 3:10-12
10 For "He who would love life and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips from speaking deceit.
11 Let him turn away from evil and do good; let him seek peace and pursue it.
12 For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers; but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil."
(NKJ)
xxx What impresses you? Carnal reasoning & logic or the Word of God(verses)? Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. The Holy Spirit only quotes verses and He doesnt need any carnality to explain other verses. He can do it with verses. But He will not do it until someone purges their mind of the carnality. When you only have verses this is called sanctified(the washing of water by the Word). Now many are called to this sanctification, but only few are chosen to obtain it.

2 Cor 13:5-6
5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?-- unless indeed you are disqualified.
6 But I trust that you will know that we are not disqualified.
(NKJ)

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I was doing a set up in the boring mill the other day.
Things slipped and made quite an impression on one of my fingers.

Things were said. :noid:

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I was doing a set up in the boring mill the other day.
Things slipped and made quite an impression on one of my fingers.

i was lying under my tractor wednesday pulling on a crowbar and thought "this isn't a good idea" just as the crowbar slipped and made quite an impression on my forehead :)

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
i was lying under my tractor wednesday pulling on a crowbar and thought "this isn't a good idea" just as the crowbar slipped and made quite an impression on my forehead :)

Oooh, that hurts! I know!

I was welding on a dump truck around thirty years ago. I was standing by at one point watching the owner prying with a bar. It slipped and hit me in the forehead. It actually 'rang'. Another guy standing by couldn't help but laugh. From his point of view it was all very comical.
It wasn't funny to me.
After all these years I'm still impressed by the event.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Oooh, that hurts! I know!

I was welding on a dump truck around thirty years ago. I was standing by at one point watching the owner prying with a bar. It slipped and hit me in the forehead. It actually 'rang'. Another guy standing by couldn't help but laugh. From his point of view it was all very comical.
It wasn't funny to me.
After all these years I'm still impressed by the event.

got my blood soaked hat and hooded sweatshirt in the car to go to the laundrymat later tonight

luckily, it dint need stitches or staples, they just glued it - first time i've seen that done

the good news is, i finally got loose the hydraulic cylinder i've been working on for several days :thumb:

i'd forgotten how heavy those dang things are :eek:

got two that need new seals

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
got my blood soaked hat and hooded sweatshirt in the car to go to the laundrymat later tonight

luckily, it dint need stitches or staples, they just glued it - first time i've seen that done

the good news is, i finally got loose the hydraulic cylinder i've been working on for several days :thumb:

i'd forgotten how heavy those dang things are :eek:

got two that need new seals

I'm glad you're okay!

Coincidently, I'm working on a hyd. cylinder, too.

It was leaking fluid around the weld at the screw-in head.
Some guy welded it and penetrated the wall into the threads.
The owner brought it to me and I had to 'part' about 1 1/4" off the tube end along with the threaded plug. Built the whole end back up with 7018 and intend to bore and internally thread the tube today. The threaded plug had to be replaced. It's a $3500 CAT cylinder, so my time in it will be worthwhile.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Squeaky thinks reading the Bible and knowing parts of scriptures means he is getting revelations from Jesus and the Holy Spirit

I said
lol Does that make me peculiar????

1Pe 2:9

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: