Body part

Right Divider

Body part

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is a complete abuse of scripture.
To believe your "interpretation", you must reject many, many prophecies that God gave about this kingdom.
I didn't give an interpretation, silly boy.
I quoted what the Lord Jesus Christ said about the kingdom of God.

Here's what the Lord Jesus Christ said about the kingdom of God.

Luke 17​
(20) Now when he was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, he answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with things that can be observed,​
(21) nor will they say, 'Behold, here it is!' or 'There!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."​

Words mean things.
"The kingdom of God does not come with things that can be observed" means does not come with things that can be observed.
He's speaking of the kingdom of God, not the King (Jesus) who could obviously be observed.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Acts 15
(8) And God, who knows the heart, bore witness to them, by giving them [the uncircumcision] the Holy Spirit just as he did to us [the circumcision],
(9) and he made no distinction between us and them, having cleansed their hearts by faith.
(10) Now, therefore, why are you putting God to the test by placing a yoke on the neck of the disciples that neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear?

Right Divider

Body part
I didn't give an interpretation, silly boy.
Yes, you did... silly girl.
I quoted what the Lord Jesus Christ said about the kingdom of God.
Yes, and I quoted several parts of scripture that contradict your "understanding" of that one.
Words mean things.
"The kingdom of God does not come with things that can be observed" means does not come with things that can be observed.
:rolleyes:
He's speaking of the kingdom of God, not the King (Jesus) who could obviously be observed.
So think that the King will be visible, but His kingdom (of Israel) will be invisible? Nope!

Was the kingdom of Israel visible when David was king? Yes... same with ALL of the other kings of Israel.

Matt 21:43 (AKJV/PCE)
(21:43) Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

The "kingdom of God" spoken of there will be a nation.

Luke 12:31-32 (AKJV/PCE)
(12:31) ¶ But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. (12:32) Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Acts 1:3 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:3) To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

Acts 1:6 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:6) When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

They knew the correct question to ask.

Acts 1:7-8 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:7) And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. (1:8) But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Jesus did NOT correct their understand about the kingdom of God... only the timing.

P.S. No doubt that you did not read the articles that I linked to. You should.

Right Divider

Body part
Acts 15
(8) And God, who knows the heart, bore witness to them, by giving them [the uncircumcision] the Holy Spirit just as he did to us [the circumcision],
(9) and he made no distinction between us and them, having cleansed their hearts by faith.
(10) Now, therefore, why are you putting God to the test by placing a yoke on the neck of the disciples that neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear?
Everyone must have faith. The question is what faith?

Did you miss the fact that they did NOT remove the requirements for the circumcision?

Acts 15:18-20 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:18) Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world. (15:19) Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God: (15:20) But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and [from] fornication, and [from] things strangled, and [from] blood.

If it was all just one big block party from Acts 2 on, why was this even needed? Why did Paul and the twelve (particularly Peter, James and John) agree to segregate their ministries along ethnic lines?

Gal 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:9) And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we [should go] unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Right Divider

Body part
@Tambora You don't get to negate vast swaths of scripture because of your incorrect understanding of a single verse.

I like this comment from Justin Johnson about your interpretation:
Read out of context, Jesus might be portrayed as a gray-haired Obi-Wan that comes to reinterpret a thousand years of prophecy for the naïve Bible literalists.

Read in context, it becomes clear that it is not a threat to what the disciples believed about the coming of a literal kingdom to earth. In fact, Jesus affirms how they will see the Son of Man coming.
https://graceambassadors.com/prophecy/mmlj/the-kingdom-within-you

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
@Tambora You don't get to negate vast swaths of scripture
I didn't.
I quoted exactly what Jesus said about the kingdom of God.

because of your incorrect understanding of a single verse.
I have no misunderstanding of what Jesus said about the kingdom of God.
It's crystal clear.

Luke 17
(20) Now when he was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, he answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with things that can be observed,
(21) nor will they say, 'Behold, here it is!' or 'There!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."

Right Divider

Body part
I didn't.
I quoted exactly what Jesus said about the kingdom of God.

I have no misunderstanding of what Jesus said about the kingdom of God.
It's crystal clear.

Luke 17
(20) Now when he was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, he answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with things that can be observed,
(21) nor will they say, 'Behold, here it is!' or 'There!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."
My previous comments demonstrate your error.

You are back on my ignore list, since you do not discuss anything. You simply repeat your false beliefs over and over.

Last edited:

DAN P

Here is another really good explanation of this issue:
https://graceambassadors.com/midacts/paul-taught-the-kingdom-of-god
Here is what I believe , concerning what gospel Paul preached !!

Rom 1:1 says Paul a slave of Christ Jesus , a called apostle , having been separated for God's Gospel .

the Greek word separated // aphorizo isin the Greek Perfect Tense , Passive voice , and a Participle in the Nominative case , and singular .

the Greek word Separated // aphorizo , means that Christ has set boundaries , and separated and limited to only preach for God's gospel

the Perfect tense means that when Paul was limited , Paul was limited from the his beginning to the time of Paul's death , period

dan p