What are you watching now

PureX

I guess I'm just not into series of books, it's too bad because people who are into them seem to act like there's a lot of great material available for those who are into it. My wife's into that, but as far as I can remember presently the only series I even only sort of read was the Narnia books and Harry Potter, and the latter was only because I was reading them to my progeny (I read the Narnia ones to them too).

Seems like it would be an awesome career to write a successful book series, on the other hand. Lots of famous writers figured out how to be formulaic without appearing formulaic, at least superficially enough for us to suspend judgment----oh yeah that reminds me, I did read a lot of Agatha Christie, those were fun. She sort of wrote series, Poirot.
The most fun book series I've read were the Raymond Chandler novels and short stories. (He wrote the classic L.A. private detective stories around the character of Philip Marlow: "The Big Sleep", "The Long Goodbye", "The Lady In The Lake", and so on.) Some of these have become movies and TV series, and can be found on various streaming services.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Saw previews of The Terminal List with Chris Pratt. I like Chris Pratt and may give it a try. I can't find any reviews of the first episode which aired last week. Is anybody watching this?

Last edited:

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Pluto TV. Classic TV. Channel 505. Not ideal, but free.
I have access to Pluto, I'll check it out.

Saw previews on The Terminal List with Chris Pratt. I like Chris Pratt and may give it a try. I can't find any reviews of the first episode which aired last week. Is anybody watching this?
Yes I liked him in Parks and Rec and on the Marvel movies. But I don't know what ^this^ is yet.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Umbrella Academy. The 3rd season just came out on Netflix. I watched it in two days and am anxiously awaiting the 4th season.