We serve the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

I am of Israel, and serve the God of Israel, as a proselyte and a convert to Israel and Judaism. There is one God, one true God, the God of Israel.

His name is

יהוה

Yahveh

This is our God, the God of Israel, the God of the Torah, the God of Creation, the Creator, the God of the Bible.

Shalom.

Jacob

Tigger 2

Mark 12

28 Then one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, perceiving that He had answered them well, asked Him, “Which is the first commandment of all?”

29 Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one. 30 And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment - Mark 12:28, 29, NKJV.

'LORD' here has been substituted for the original 'YHWH' (Yahweh/Jehovah) as found in Deuteronomy 6 in OT text).

Isn't it important that we realize that the only personal name of God (Ps. 83:18, KJV) which is used over 6000 times in the OT Hebrew text has been virtually removed in most translations of the Bible?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

I am of Israel, and serve the God of Israel, as a proselyte and a convert to Israel and Judaism. There is one God, one true God, the God of Israel.

His name is

יהוה

Yahveh

This is our God, the God of Israel, the God of the Torah, the God of Creation, the Creator, the God of the Bible.

Shalom.

Jacob

https://www.jewishboston.com/ask-a-...-in-the-jewish-world-as-a-convert-to-judaism/

[FONT=&quot]In Israel, the acceptance of converts of various movements is particularly confusing. Under the Law of Return, Jews who converted under Reform or Conservative movement auspices are entitled to move to Israel and obtain citizenship. That said, the Orthodox Rabbinate, which controls religious life in Israel, does not accept Reform, Conservative and even some Orthodox conversions. It is thus possible to be considered Jewish for reason of immigration to Israel, but not for having a wedding in Israel.[/FONT]

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Mark 12

28 Then one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, perceiving that He had answered them well, asked Him, “Which is the first commandment of all?”

29 Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one. 30 And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment - Mark 12:28, 29, NKJV.

'LORD' here has been substituted for the original 'YHWH' (Yahweh/Jehovah) as found in Deuteronomy 6 in OT text).

Isn't it important that we realize that the only personal name of God (Ps. 83:18, KJV) which is used over 6000 times in the OT Hebrew text has been virtually removed in most translations of the Bible?

Shalom.

It is my belief that YHVH is pronounced Yahveh.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
https://www.jewishboston.com/ask-a-...-in-the-jewish-world-as-a-convert-to-judaism/

[FONT="]In Israel, the acceptance of converts of various movements is particularly confusing. Under the Law of Return, Jews who converted under Reform or Conservative movement auspices are entitled to move to Israel and obtain citizenship. That said, the Orthodox Rabbinate, which controls religious life in Israel, does not accept Reform, Conservative and even some Orthodox conversions. It is thus possible to be considered Jewish for reason of immigration to Israel, but not for having a wedding in Israel.[/FONT]

Shalom.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Ask yourself Jacob why the Jews of Israel don't want to implement Torah law keeping.

We live according to the Torah. I do not know what you are talking about. I am of Israel. I have never been to Israel.

Tigger 2

Shalom.

It is my belief that YHVH is pronounced Yahveh.

Shalom.

Jacob

I think we've been here before, Jacob.

I do understand that modern Hebrew calls the waw character vav. And so those who will pronounce God's personal name will most often call it Yahveh, whereas many of those using the ancient Hebrew character waw will call that name Yahweh.

Furthermore, YHWH is often transliterated as 'Jehovah' due to changes and misunderstandings in language over the centuries (similar to the transliteration 'Jesus'). Nevertheless it is the traditional transliteration in English and still used by many.

For my part, I don't object to the use of Yahveh, Yahweh, Jehovah, or Yehowah. The important thing is that it is a transliteration of God's personal name and not the terrible mistranslation of 'LORD' which we find in the vast majority of English Bibles today.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I think we've been here before, Jacob.

I do understand that modern Hebrew calls the waw character vav. And so those who will pronounce God's personal name will most often call it Yahveh, whereas many of those using the ancient Hebrew character waw will call that name Yahweh.

Furthermore, YHWH is often transliterated as 'Jehovah' due to changes and misunderstandings in language over the centuries (similar to the transliteration 'Jesus'). Nevertheless it is the traditional transliteration in English and still used by many.

For my part, I don't object to the use of Yahveh, Yahweh, Jehovah, or Yehowah. The important thing is that it is a transliteration of God's personal name and not the terrible mistranslation of 'LORD' which we find in the vast majority of English Bibles today.

You can read Yahveh, Adonai, HaShem, LORD, or even Lord. The Vav is a Hebrew letter, a character. It is a part of the Hebrew Aleph-Bet. We do not accept what you have said here. Apparently you have a deep-rooted misunderstanding.

Shalom.

Jacob

Tigger 2

Believe what you wish. A little study will show what I wrote about WAW and VAV is correct, but it isn't important enough to make a fuss about. So I'll try to not answer your confusion on this subject in the future.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Believe what you wish. A little study will show what I wrote about WAW and VAV is correct, but it isn't important enough to make a fuss about. So I'll try to not answer your confusion on this subject in the future.

I am not confused. The Hebrew letter or character Vav has been around since before the Torah was written, and it exists in modern Hebrew as well.