we have to love the terrorists--and yet--

lighthouse99

Christians have to love the terrorists. But what does that mean? just leaving them alone to murder everyone who doesn't believe as they do? Well, I haven't heard one person advocate that (so maybe things aren't so bad morally as we sometimes think)

Does it mean warning the oil truck drivers before bombing them?

Well, I would say Yes, we should warn them but only IF we know or strongly suspect they are non-ISIS people

If they are, they are toast

loving them means praying for their conversion to Christ

Eric h

Christians have to love the terrorists. But what does that mean? just leaving them alone to murder everyone who doesn't believe as they do? Well, I haven't heard one person advocate that (so maybe things aren't so bad morally as we sometimes think)

Does it mean warning the oil truck drivers before bombing them?

Well, I would say Yes, we should warn them but only IF we know or strongly suspect they are non-ISIS people

If they are, they are toast

loving them means praying for their conversion to Christ

Why would the most powerful countries on Earth gang up and bomb a small broken country?

We can claim no justification of a just war, Syria has not attacked Britain, yet we have voted to bomb them.

We seem to be gullible people living in fear, our leaders exploit our fear, so we voted for bombing. Anyone voting against bombing is called a terrorist sympathiser.

Jesus said love your neighbours, pray for your enemies, I cannot imagine Jesus standing up in parliament, and demanding that we bomb Syria.

Truster

It would be worth you reading Romans 13:1-4 it was upon these verses that St Augustine and later Thomas Aquinas wrote their doctrines on a just war and the right of a Christian to bear arms against the wicked.

Please note I am not agreeing with these doctrines. I am pointing them out so as to direct you as to where the idea of ''a just war'' has its roots.

bybee

Why would the most powerful countries on Earth gang up and bomb a small broken country?

We can claim no justification of a just war, Syria has not attacked Britain, yet we have voted to bomb them.

We seem to be gullible people living in fear, our leaders exploit our fear, so we voted for bombing. Anyone voting against bombing is called a terrorist sympathiser.

Jesus said love your neighbours, pray for your enemies, I cannot imagine Jesus standing up in parliament, and demanding that we bomb Syria.

There are families grieving the senseless and brutal murders of their loved ones by people from the Muslim Community.
And many more Christians and Jews shall be murdered by people from the Muslim community if their rhetoric is to be believed. I believe that I have a right to live and shall defend myself accordingly.

Truster

There are families grieving the senseless and brutal murders of their loved ones by people from the Muslim Community.
And many more Christians and Jews shall be murdered by people from the Muslim community if their rhetoric is to be believed. I believe that I have a right to live and shall defend myself accordingly.

''Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and Yah Veh hath not done it?''

All evil is at the hand of the Almighty as is all good. He disposes of each as He wills.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
''Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and Yah Veh hath not done it?''

All evil is at the hand of the Almighty as is all good. He disposes of each as He wills.

well that is a comforting thought. Have you shared that with families who have lost people to Islam, or to generalized gun violence. Think they would be comforted by the thought that it was all at the hands of your god.

Your theology amazes me and depresses me.

Truster

well that is a comforting thought. Have you shared that with families who have lost people to Islam, or to generalized gun violence. Think they would be comforted by the thought that it was all at the hands of your god.

Your theology amazes me and depresses me.

Which part of ''the wages of sin is death'' are you having difficulty with?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

Numbo jumbo

The thief has come only to steal and to kill and destroy you but I am come that you might have life and that you might have it more abundantly.

God's people PERISH for lack of knowledge, that is they believe such tripe as YOU peddle.

Jesus Christ is the revelation of the Father...so show us what evil He did to anybody.

What a dippo

Interplanner

Which part of ''the wages of sin is death'' are you having difficulty with?

The Biblical view is that any line connecting God and evil is broken; otherwise God and Christ could not have the anguish which they do about evil.

In Rom 1, however, we do find the mass delusion factor. The verb that is used is "God gave them over..." which has a begrudging sense to it in Biblical usage. When too many people in a society leave behind too many set truths of God, there is a tipping point where a lot of evil happens because of the sheer mass of them. That seems to be the sense of Rom 1 but I would never say that is a direct line between God and evil.

One of the signators of the Constitution said that the only way it could work was if the individuals involved were basically honest, moral people; otherwise it might be a destructive thing. One of several things the Left has totally mistaken, misunderstood, and rewritten.

Truster

The Biblical view is that any line connecting God and evil is broken; otherwise God and Christ could not have the anguish which they do about evil.

In Rom 1, however, we do find the mass delusion factor. The verb that is used is "God gave them over..." which has a begrudging sense to it in Biblical usage. When too many people in a society leave behind too many set truths of God, there is a tipping point where a lot of evil happens because of the sheer mass of them. That seems to be the sense of Rom 1 but I would never say that is a direct line between God and evil.

One of the signators of the Constitution said that the only way it could work was if the individuals involved were basically honest, moral people; otherwise it might be a destructive thing. One of several things the Left has totally mistaken, misunderstood, and rewritten.

All sin is evil, but not all evil is sin.

There are threatenings made in the closing chapters of Deuteronomy against rebellion. Those curses are evil in nature and directly contrast the blessings promised for obedience. If the Eternal Almighty is not in control of evil how can He threaten to use it as a punishment?

lighthouse99

I have to admit, I tend to hate people who want to kill people for no reason

I guess I am funny that way.

But because Jesus says to love my enemy, I will do that. Who am I to not love someone God loves? someone Jesus died for?

But I will still be prepared to kill and/or advocate others killing anyone who is trying to kill innocent people

the sad thing is that these murderers are going straight to Hell.

"Thou shalt not kill"

(except in self defense, or defense of others, of course)

lighthouse99

It would be worth you reading Romans 13:1-4 it was upon these verses that St Augustine and later Thomas Aquinas wrote their doctrines on a just war and the right of a Christian to bear arms against the wicked.

Please note I am not agreeing with these doctrines. I am pointing them out so as to direct you as to where the idea of ''a just war'' has its roots.

you dont believe there is such thing as a just war? If someone is trying to kill me or other innocents, i have a right to kill him/her first