We ‘refuse to comply’: Christian bakers won’t be bullied by gag order

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Cheers, another bigot makes a pedophilia slippery slope comparison!

:yawn: Are you a Sodomite ([Ex 20:14] heterosexual [Lev. 20:10–12] or homosexual [Lev. 20:10,13])? :smokie:

nwwq4yw245yw24.jpg

genuineoriginal

With a big punishment...

I'm tired of so called Christians trying to justify their unchristian behavior based on a juvenile understanding of scripture.

Them baking the cake in no way is an endorsement of the gay wedding.
You might not have any problem with that, but for them it is a big problem.

Romans 14:22-23
22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.​

For you, it might not be a sin to bake a wedding cake for lesbians, but for them it is a sin.

Jose Fly

Nope, it has been determined that Salon and Slate magazines were lying ; they were gagged.:chuckle:

You fundamentalists are bizarre. You've seen the actual language from the ruling which makes it very clear...

sweet-cakes-cease-desist.jpg

...they are only prohibited from publicly saying they will continue to discriminate against gays. That's it. Compare that to your OP article which stated, "they were also ordered by Oregon Labor Commissioner Brad Avakian to stop speaking out about the case". That's completely wrong.

So either your source is horrible at fact-checking, or they are deliberately lying to get gullible fundamentalists who are eager for martyrdom all worked up.

Aimiel

Hey dodo... speaking is a type of communication. They were barred from issuing ANY communication regarding sexual discrimination. That's gagging them. This is NOT a fundamental right of a judge, that is to take away one's constitutional rights of free speech and free religion. You need to buy a clue.

Jose Fly

They were barred from issuing ANY communication regarding sexual discrimination.

More specifically, they were barred from any communication where they would say they would continue to discriminate against gays. Remember, the OP said they were barred from speaking about the case at all, which simply isn't true.

That's gagging them. This is NOT a fundamental right of a judge, that is to take away one's constitutional rights of free speech and free religion.

So you think free speech is absolute, and anyone can say anything in any setting?

Aimiel

Them speaking 'about' the case would contain continual 'discrimination' because that is what is right: in the tenets of their religion, which is a fundamental right protected, explicitly, by our Constitution. Interpreting the perversions of a queer's twisted behavior (marrying someone of the same sex) as a 'right' or affording a queer special privileges or special treatment because of their perversion is an affront to basic Christian tenets. If a queer bakery refused to bake a church-shaped cake because they hate Christians, most likely the case would be rejected as spurious, since it would appear the government is trying to force religion down the queer's throat if it were prosecuted. Why can't you see the mis-carriage of justice that we do?

There's no setting, it's an on-going order. Of course settings require varied levels of order. You can't blow your horn in hospital zones. You can't yell, "Fire!" in a theatre. When a judge says, "You can't say this or that," it's a gag order. There was no 'setting' given in the order.

HisServant

You need to read your Bible a bit more closely.

Show me where it forbids commerce with non-christians?

Because if you are going this route, they shouldn't be providing services to people who are divorced, people who wear clothes made of two materials, people who eat shell fish and pork, and the list goes on.

The Jews have been pros at dealing with the old covenant laws and they do not discriminate to non Jews.

genuineoriginal

Show me where it forbids commerce with non-christians?

Because if you are going this route, they shouldn't be providing services to people who are divorced, people who wear clothes made of two materials, people who eat shell fish and pork, and the list goes on.

The Jews have been pros at dealing with the old covenant laws and they do not discriminate to non Jews.

You bring up an interesting point, but your application missed the mark.

Show me where Jews are told in the Torah that they can sell pork.

None of the Torah observant Jews I know will sell pork because pork is so abominable to them that they refuse to sell it.

In the case of the Christian bakers, same gender sex is abominable, so they refused to sell a cake that has the sole purpose of celebrating and publicizing that abomination.

The refusal to sell comes from a deeply held religious belief, so forcing them to sell or lose their business is a violation of their rights to practice their religion.

HisServant

You bring up an interesting point, but your application missed the mark.

Show me where Jews are told in the Torah that they can sell pork.

None of the Torah observant Jews I know will sell pork because pork is so abominable to them that they refuse to sell it.

In the case of the Christian bakers, same gender sex is abominable, so they refused to sell a cake that has the sole purpose of celebrating and publicizing that abomination.

The refusal to sell comes from a deeply held religious belief, so forcing them to sell or lose their business is a violation of their rights to practice their religion.

Your correlation is irrevalent.

And to be honest, I find your attitude more abominable than same gender sex.... you embody everything that is wrong with Christianity in this country... ignorance.

And no, their refusal comes from deeply held ignorant interpretations of scripture.

A Jew would never have pork in their store.

These people DID have cakes in their store.. they refused to sell what they are advertising to do.

genuineoriginal

Your correlation is irrevalent.
It is the only one that is relevant.

A Jew would never have pork in their store.
Yes.

These people DID have cakes in their store.. they refused to sell what they are advertising to do.
You seem to be forgetting that they did not have a wedding cake sitting on the shelf for sale, they were advertising a service of creating a cake to celebrate the union of a man and his wife, not to celebrate the abominable practice of same gender sexual relations.

Since they did not advertise a service of creating a cake to celebrate same gender sexual relations, they were justified in refusing to add a new service to accomodate something abominable to their religious beliefs.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Seeing Christianity reduced to flowers and flour should upset Christians for reasons far removed from what seems to be actually upsetting them.

Fine by me.

genuineoriginal

The only thing that is going to turn gays around when it comes to their choice is the Holy Spirit... not laws.

The Holy Spirit can only convince them with the truth if they have heard the truth.
If they keep hearing that their sexual "orientation" is just as normal as sexual desires for the opposite gender, they won't change.
If they keep hearing that their acts are not harming anyone, they won't change.

There is something about having to confront the fact that your behavior deserves the death penalty that makes all the arguments for same gender sex pale in comparison.

At least that is how I see it.