W.A. Criswell and the Takeover of the Southern Baptists

northwye

Old Covenant Israel was remade - Jeremiah 18: 1-6, especially verse 4, "...so he made it again another vessel,as seemed good to the potter to make it."

The New Covenant was started in the remnant of Israel in Romans 11: 5. Soon, as recorded in Acts 10, Hosea 2: 23 - "I will say to them which are not my people, thou art my people..." was fulfilled.

The rejection of Jeremiah 18: 4, Romans 11: 5, Romans 9: 6-8, Galatians 3: 3, 16, 27-29 and Haggai 2: 9 - "The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former..." - is a part of the falling away of II Thessalonians 2: 3-4.

In the falling away from sound doctrine and in the loss of Christ the light by the Church in the apostasy the Christian Zionist Church teaches that God now has two peoples, the multitude of Old Covenant Israel, which is Talmudic Judaism, and the Church. "And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee..." Revelation 18: 23

There were some additional false doctrines added during the falling away in the mega church movement.

Rick Warren was one of the main founders of the present day mega church movement - and he acknowledges the influence of a dispensationalist, W.A. Crisswell on his ministry.

Rick Warren has honored W.A. Crisswell as being his mentor. See: http://www.bpnews.net/13683/rick-war...ry-wa-criswell

Rick Warren says Crisswell "...was my father in the ministry. It was under him that I actually felt called to be a pastor," said Warren. "He's been an incredible influence in my life."

Warren attributed Criswell with developing "the most widely copied model" of church organization and ministry in America."

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._A._Criswell

"In 1944 Criswell was called to replace George Washington Truett as the pastor of the First Baptist Church in Dallas. He would spend the remainder of his life at First Baptist, preaching more than four thousand sermons from its pulpit. During his tenure membership grew from 7,800 to 26,000."

Truett was not a dispensationalist=Christian Zionist, but W.A. Crisswell led a movement in the sixties to make the Southern Baptist Convention entirely dispensationalist. As the dispensationalists took over the Convention - the denomination - they booted out of their seminaries all professors who were critical of dispensationalism.

This is part of the model of the Capital C Church. Its clergy tries to rule over the church members to insure they all follow the correct theology, which is from John Darby, C.I. Scofield and Lewis S. Chafer. Remember what I Peter 5: 2-3 says, "Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
3. Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock."

Peter says not to be lords over God's heritage, but act as examples to the flock.

And the article from the link just above says "Criswell was an early pioneer of the modern megachurch phenomenon and introduced a number of innovations at First Baptist Dallas that became a model for growing churches all over the country. "

W.A. Criswell was Rick Warren's mentor, not only because Warren was a Southern Baptist early on, but because W.A. Criswell was a pioneer in learning how to grow church membership.

Warren introduced secular methods of advertising, sales, and even used the dialectic method of attitude and behavior change in small groups developed by the Group Dynamics and Encounter Group movements out of the Marxist version of the Hegelian Dialectic.

"Small groups are the most effective way of closing the back door of your church. We never worry about losing people who are connected to a small group. We know they've built relationships which truly make them a part of the body." Rick Warren

Something like the Marxist dialectic is used in Rick Warren's small groups to mold the people into accepting Warren's mega church false doctrines.

And - W.A. Criswell was a major leader of the sixties' movement to make the Southern Baptist Convention into a totally dispensationalist denomination. And not long after the dispensationalists totally took over that denominatrion, Criswell led the Convention to get rid of the old Southern Baptist doctrine of the priesthood of the believer. Dispensationalists cannot have church people believing in the doctrine that the believer is his own priest. Instead, the dispensationalist preacher must rule over the beliefs of his church members. Otherwise, they might stray off into "replacement theology," or worse,a few might become interested in the remnant,which,for dispensationalists,does not exist..