Unwitting American support for the research that gave us covid

marke

Many Americans supported the gain-of-function research in China in spite of funding bans on the research by Obama and Trump, but many of them obviously did not know what a bad thing they were doing.

Several prominent professors at American colleges have participated in China’s talent acquisition program, according to leaked documents from a Chinese regional authority. The professors worked with the Thousand Talents Program (TTP), a controversial state-backed recruitment plan criticized by U.S. officials for its role in transferring Western research and technology to China.

Two of the professors work at Carnegie Melon University, and another at University of California, Berkeley. All three are experts in biomedical research and development. Their names will not be included in this report.

Gary K

Banned
I think that's a naive position to take. These people knew they were helping China. They were consciously supporting communism as many of them are communists themselves. The TTP is designed funnel technology and highly trained people to China. When someone does that they cannot say their actions are unintentional. I think you're overlooking the level of hatred of the US in academia.

marke

I think that's a naive position to take. These people knew they were helping China. They were consciously supporting communism as many of them are communists themselves. The TTP is designed funnel technology and highly trained people to China. When someone does that they cannot say their actions are unintentional. I think you're overlooking the level of hatred of the US in academia.
I believe some Americans were aware of what they and the Chinese were doing, but I do not believe even all the Chinese researchers were aware of what they were being led to do was deliberately damaging to the health of people on earth, especially women and reproductive systems. There was a deliberate movement to depopulate the world and this 'virus' was designed to do that. The money behind this effort is not just American money.

Gary K

Banned
I believe some Americans were aware of what they and the Chinese were doing, but I do not believe even all the Chinese researchers were aware of what they were being led to do was deliberately damaging to the health of people on earth, especially women and reproductive systems. There was a deliberate movement to depopulate the world and this 'virus' was designed to do that. The money behind this effort is not just American money.
The only caveat I would make to this is change was to is. This is not something that belongs to the past. It is still ongoing.