"Try the Spirits to see if they be of God" 1 John 4:1

Robert Pate

Banned
"Beloved, believe not every Spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world" 1 John 4:1.

I try every thing in the light of the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ. If it is not according to the Gospel, justification by faith or the bible, I reject it. All of the cults and false religions have one thing in common, they all have writings other than the Bible. The Calvinist have "The Council of Dort". The Catholics have "The Cannons of Trent". The Mormons have written their own Bible known as "The Book of Mormon". The writings of these religions do not compliment the Bible, they oppose it. The Bible does not need any of these commentaries, the Bible speaks for its self. It is the inspired word of God, 2 Timothy 3:16. The Bible was written by Christians for Christians. The trouble starts when people that are not Christians try to interpret it. The Bible is a spiritual book and can only be correctly interpreted by those that posses the Holy Spirit.

It is Satan's work to confuse and pervert God's word and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The entrance into heaven is by faith in God's word and the Gospel of his Son Jesus Christ. If Satan can keep you from that truth then he is very happy.

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

All that were saved in the New Testament were saved because they heard and believed the Gospel. All that received they Holy Spirit in the New Testament did so because the heard and believed the Gospel.

"This only would I learn of you, Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith? (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

On the day of Pentecost when the Gospel first came into the world in the power of the Holy Spirit, Acts chapter 2. Thousands heard Peter's Gospel and were born again by the word of God, 1 Peter 1:23, This was a major, major event that gave birth to the New Testament church. The number that heard and believed the Gospel were about 8,000, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4. The book of Acts is an account of the apostles going into the world to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The result was that most of them died violent deaths at the hands of the religious.

The Gospel is about how Jesus justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. This is the Gospel. We are legally justified, sanctified and redeemed by the doing and the dying of Jesus. No religion needed. In the Gospel Jesus saves and he saves to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25. No one needs to be predestinated. No one needs to join the Catholic church. We are made complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. The Gospel is...

"The power of God unto salvation to every one that believes; to the Jew first and also to the Greek" Romans 1:16.

beloved57

"Beloved, believe not every Spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world" 1 John 4:1.

I try every thing in the light of the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ. If it is not according to the Gospel, justification by faith or the bible, I reject it. All of the cults and false religions have one thing in common, they all have writings other than the Bible. The Calvinist have "The Council of Dort". The Catholics have "The Cannons of Trent". The Mormons have written their own Bible known as "The Book of Mormon". The writings of these religions do not compliment the Bible, they oppose it. The Bible does not need any of these commentaries, the Bible speaks for its self. It is the inspired word of God, 2 Timothy 3:16. The Bible was written by Christians for Christians. The trouble starts when people that are not Christians try to interpret it. The Bible is a spiritual book and can only be correctly interpreted by those that posses the Holy Spirit.

It is Satan's work to confuse and pervert God's word and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The entrance into heaven is by faith in God's word and the Gospel of his Son Jesus Christ. If Satan can keep you from that truth then he is very happy.

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

All that were saved in the New Testament were saved because they heard and believed the Gospel. All that received they Holy Spirit in the New Testament did so because the heard and believed the Gospel.

"This only would I learn of you, Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith? (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

On the day of Pentecost when the Gospel first came into the world in the power of the Holy Spirit, Acts chapter 2. Thousands heard Peter's Gospel and were born again by the word of God, 1 Peter 1:23, This was a major, major event that gave birth to the New Testament church. The number that heard and believed the Gospel were about 8,000, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4. The book of Acts is an account of the apostles going into the world to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The result was that most of them died violent deaths at the hands of the religious.

The Gospel is about how Jesus justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. This is the Gospel. We are legally justified, sanctified and redeemed by the doing and the dying of Jesus. No religion needed. In the Gospel Jesus saves and he saves to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25. No one needs to be predestinated. No one needs to join the Catholic church. We are made complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. The Gospel is...

"The power of God unto salvation to every one that believes; to the Jew first and also to the Greek" Romans 1:16.

Any spirit like pateism which denies the Saving Death of Christ is not of God. It teaches that sinners Christ died to save remain lost !

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
All that Jesus is and all that does is for our justification and salvation.

Yes, but that makes it sound like you are saying we are saved by Jesus' death. Since Jesus died for everyone that would be universal salvation which we know is not true biblically.

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes, but that makes it sound like you are saying we are saved by Jesus' death. Since Jesus died for everyone that would be universal salvation which we know is not true biblically.

The Bible makes it clear that Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world. But nothing is yours until it is received by faith.

"But we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement" Romans 5:11.

Potter's Clay

Beloved57 and Jamie are correct.

While Robert continues to criticize Calvinism, I wonder if he can point us to Biblical passages that supports the notion that an unregenerate person (dead in trespasses and sin) can pull himself up by his bootstraps and "accept" Christ.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Epoisses

Jesus died for everyone Jamie but there is this thing called conversion that has to happen in our personal lives before we receive the merits of Christ's death. You've never been converted so you wouldn't have a clue about what I'm talking about.

Epoisses

While Robert continues to criticize Calvinism, I wonder if he can point us to Biblical passages that supports the notion that an unregenerate person (dead in trespasses and sin) can pull himself up by his bootstraps and "accept" Christ.

John 12:32

And B57 is a super uber hyper Clavinist and Jamie is an SDA/Hebrew roots who keeps the law

Robert Pate

Banned

Salvation has been provided for EVERYONE. All that God wants you to do is believe it, Romans 5:1