Transubstantiation: Another Catholic Fairy Tale

Robert Pate

Banned
TRANSUBSTANTIATION: The doctrine that the substance of the eucharistic element is converted into the body and blood of Christ. (Funk & Wagnalls Dictionary)

This is a Catholic attempt to become holy by ingesting the body and the blood of Christ into their bodies. It is nothing short of mystical cannibalism. If you believe that this works, then you will believe anything. This is far, far, from what Paul and the apostles taught.

The Catholics get this from John 6:53-58 where Jesus said, "Unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood you will have no life in you". They took this literally. They were thinking physical when they should have been thinking spiritual. Jesus makes this clear in John 6:63.

"It is the Spirit that quickens; the flesh profits nothing: THE WORDS THAT I SPEAK UNTO YOU ARE SPIRIT AND ARE LIFE".

Jesus was not talking about the physical, he was talking about the spiritual. Physically Jesus gives his flesh and his blood for the sins of the whole world. Spiritually this atones for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. When Jesus died, we died with him because our humanity was constituted in him.

"For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall also be in the likeness of his resurrection" Romans 6:5.

When Jesus lived, we lived in him. When Jesus died, we died with him. When Jesus ascended into heaven, we ascended with him. Spiritually we are in Christ and Christ is in heaven.

"For you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God" Colossians 3:3.

Jesus and Jesus alone is our justifier, sanctifier and redeemer, 1 Corinthians 1:30. We are complete in him, Colossians 2:10. There is no need to eat his flesh and drink his blood in order to be saved. Jesus saves and he saves to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25.

Robert Pate

Banned
Where are all of the Catholics on this Forum?

Perhaps they have found a dark place to hide and don't want to come to the light, John 3:19.

"Come let us reason together says the Lord, though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow" Isaiah 1:18.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus and Jesus alone is our justifier, sanctifier and redeemer, 1 Corinthians 1:30.

But of Him you are in Christ Jesus... (1 Corinthians 1:30)​

The phrase "of him" is a reference to the Father. Nothing happens without the Father's approval.

Robert Pate

Banned
But of Him you are in Christ Jesus... (1 Corinthians 1:30)​

The phrase "of him" is a reference to the Father. Nothing happens without the Father's approval.

They are one of the same.

There are many scriptures that say... "God was in Christ".

Bradley D

Jesus told his disciples to have communion in "remembrance" of His sacrifice. For me communion is a reminder of of Christ's sacrifice on the cross for us. I need to remember it was my sins that Christ suffered on the cross for.

chair

Where are all of the Catholics on this Forum?

Perhaps they have found a dark place to hide and don't want to come to the light, John 3:19.

"Come let us reason together says the Lord, though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow" Isaiah 1:18.

They are probably just ignoring yet another one of your endless threads. Your threads are all really just one thread: "You don't believe exactly as I do so you ain't gonna make it to heaven".

Find something more useful to do with your time.

fishrovmen

They are probably just ignoring yet another one of your endless threads. Your threads are all really just one thread: "You don't believe exactly as I do so you ain't gonna make it to heaven".

Find something more useful to do with your time.

Yup. It's all about accumulating post count and attention and spreading false witness.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus told his disciples to have communion in "remembrance" of His sacrifice. For me communion is a reminder of of Christ's sacrifice on the cross for us. I need to remember it was my sins that Christ suffered on the cross for.

Right, That is the sole purpose of taking the communion. Jesus said, "Do this in remembrance of me".