Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
graceandpeace

graceandpeace

The Interview:
Spoiler

Quincy:So, graceandpeace, how did you find TOL?

A friend gave me the link, (someone I knew on another board).

How would you rank it among other forums you have participated in?

Depends on what I am ranking...just to be clear. As pertaining to freedom to express, I find it moreso unlimited, but as to what it upholds, I find it moreso lacking. That is to say that truth is in the eye of the beholder, and as far as truth is being spread, I don't see much of that going on here....accept for the few that understand the new covenant.

If I looked at your favorites list in your web browser, what would I likely find?

All kinds of things...facebook, youtube, biblestudy links, government links that are pertaining to my permanent residence here in Canada, some other favorite sites, like Kijiji, that is a site that offers free ads..for selling personal items, etc....because I like a good bargain..

If you had a million dollars what would you use it for?

I would use it to spread the gospel, help the needy, feed the poor, I do not get involved with worldly treasures so much, having walked away from it, when the Lord brought it upon my heart. I live day to day, simply and humbly, without a need to impress my heart with worldly riches. I left all my physical riches when I came to Canada, to start fresh, without it. I do not have a desire to store up the same old riches I have left behind.

Do you have any favorite hobbies?

Oh yes...I love to oil paint, and writing poems/songs, gardening, working with my hands, in crafts, etc...anything that has a 'creative flair' to it, I love. I also love to hike, and camp, if that could be considered a hobbie, simply because I love the outdoors, and the freedom from 'stuff', stuff that I mentioned priorly.. material things.

If you could invent one thing what would it be?

hmmm, that is a hard question. Certainly I can think of alot of things that would make the world a better place, so it would have to be something that would offer help to someone in need. Curing deseases like Cancer would be wonderful, so, that is a starting point, I think.

If you could cure one disease, which one do you choose?

hatred.

What color is your room?

well, right now, I am sitting in my bedroom, at the desk, and the room is gray...btw, I hate gray...LOL, but time will change it.

Do you have a favorite brand for things like cars, clothing or electronics?

nope

How would you describe your political views?

I am not into politics..left them when I came out of the world. I stand for Jesus and His government, the governments of men are doomed to destruction, so why bother in it?

You list as a Christian, for those that don't know what does the Christian faith mean to you?

It is grace. Being set free from the old carnal nature, bound by the law of moses, to serve in newness of the Spirit, wherein your heart can rejoice in the things of God...love being the most important, for it is where the others come from. You cannot have joy, without love, you cannot have peace without love, you cannot have any of them without love, which is why love fulfills the law, and gives men a means to grasp the mind of Jesus Christ.

Through this grace, we learn to obey in all things, for it is the power of the gospel. We do not do it in an instant, but it is a process of having your mind renewed day by day, and continues throughout your life. During the process, you receive as much as you are willing to give.

It is well documented that you have your theological critics on the website. What is the one thing you'd like to say to them in response?

I do not judge you, I do judge your doctrines. God will be your judge...and, He has said, He will judge you by your own words, and actions..that deny the love that is obtainable, through the gospel of grace.

As all our lives have a natural ebb and flow that we experience, do you recall what was the greatest test you ever faced?

Yes, when my faith itself was tested, it was the hardest time of my life, but the outcome was exceedingly joyful, I learned the uncompromised truth, through the experience. I was saved around the age of 12, later, I left the truth for a lie...fell into legalism, stayed there for umteen years, began to realise my error, because someone loved the Lord enough to be bold with me, and speak the truth in love. I resisted it at first, but due to the fact that I had been saved priorly, but had simply left my first love, God corrected me, and, now I am here to proclaim the unadulterated gospel of Jesus Christ. To all who will heed, and, if they don't, that is their freewill choice to grasp at.

What was the happiest moment of your life?

The day I came back to Jesus Christ. I have to say it was even happier than the first day I came to Him, as a child, because coming home is soo much more, after you know the full evils of the world, than coming home as an innocent child, that really doesnt know the fullness of the evils of the world. I am not ashamed of what I went through. It taught me the fullness of why Jesus Christ saves us all. It taught me to hate sin...after wallering in it; fully.....you simply learn how damaging it really is.

What would we all be surprised to find out about you?

That I am a true comedian...and, that I live life for the simple things. To laugh, is to live.

Finally, as you depart, care to share a piece of God given wisdom your life has taught you with the readers?

I may have done too much of that already...but, to add to it, I will just say that God is love, and it is His will to make us in His image..and, sometimes the process is hard, especially for the rebellious house that ALL of us are a part of...even if we think we are not.

The Ten:
Spoiler

1. What is your favorite word?

Love

2. What is your least favorite word?

probably the one's I miss spell...hehe.

3. What sound or noise do you love?

LAUGHTER

4. What sound or noise do you hate?

Traffic, or loud noises of the city. I love the quietness of the outdoors, where you can hear the birds, or the flo of a creek, or the wind, that blows through the trees.

5. What's the last thing that made you smile?

TOL, lol

6. Describe yourself in three words.

Sincere, Giving, and Honest...those are my good points.

Bad points:

Impatient, Emotional, and Hard headed...but, I am growing in these, through the power of love, amen.

7. If you were only allowed to retain only two possessions what would they be?

Physical?

hmmm, a few clothes, and some food.

8. Is it better to be loved or respected.

That is like saying, what comes first..the chicken or the egg...but, I believe LOVE is the root of every good thing, so I choose LOVE...without love, there is no respect.

9. What is the proudest accomplishment of your life?

Finally hearing Jesus.

10. On a scale of one to ten, with ten being the closest, how close are you to being the person you want to be?

in my way of looking at it, a 1; in God's,.....I am up there with Him.....:up:

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
SOZO

SOZO

The Interview:
Spoiler

James: So, SOZO, let's start out with some simple stuff. What inspired your screenname?

SOZO: Which one? :D

My first user name was "Sheepdog", but only for a short while. I then choose "Sozo", which is the Greek word for "save" specifically from 1 Cor 9:22. As you know, there have been many others.

How did you find TOL?

I believe it's been nearly 10 years ago. I was looking for a place to discuss the Bible.

There are other forums? :noway:
This is it for me.

If I looked at your favorites list in your web browser, what would I likely find?

Paypal, ebay, craigslist, library. That's about it.

Pay off the house, play professional golf.

I have one idea right now that would do very well if I had the ability to bring to fruition.

Religion

What color is your room?

My office is plain sheetrock (unfinished)

I buy nearly everything from garage sales or craigslist. So whatever works and is cheap.

Do you have any favorite hobbies?

Golf, Tennis, Writing, yard work

What are some of your favorite music bands?

Genesis (with Peter Gabriel), Jethro Tull, ELO, Doobie Brothers. Mostly 70's classic rock. Today I enjoy John Mayer, Loreena McKennitt, Ray Lamontagne, and Alison Krause

I think all politicians are out of touch with the government's roll.

Everyone on the forum knows your religious views and many are critical of you. Many also agree with you. What is the one thing you would like to say to your critics?

Jesus loves you. Listen to Him.

What is one thing you would like to say to the folks who agree with you?

I don't want them to agree with me. I want them to have absolute assurance in their heart that what they believe, they believe because they know it is true, because God revealed it to them.

As all our lives have a natural ebb and flow that we experience, do you recall what was the greatest test you ever faced?

Other than my wife, the closet person to me in this world is my first born son. I did most everything with him, and for him. I had to ask him to leave our home just under a year ago, because he refused to do what his mother asked him. I miss him terribly.

The day my son was born. I've had 7 more of those days that run a close second.

I don't hide much, so I'm not sure. :idunno:

Finally, as you depart, care to share a piece of God given wisdom your life has taught you with the readers?

It's not about here, and it's not about now.

Ten quick questions:
Spoiler

Jesus

Religion

My children's voices

Barking dogs

My 5 year old daughter. She says something every day that brings a smile to everyone she meets.

(sorry, I can't think of anything)

Bible & Pillow

Neither.

Married the right woman

10. On a scale of one to ten, with ten being the closest, how close are you to being the person you want to be?

In the flesh - 0. In the Spirit -10

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
drbrumley

drbrumley

The Interview:
Spoiler

James: So, drbrumley, let's start out with some simple stuff. What inspired your screenname?

drbrumley: The DR is my first two initials, of course Brumley being Brumley, that's my name.

You are one of a few members that stick with the same avatar for a long period of time. What does your avatar mean to you?

That I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States. The words in my avatar say, "Think Iraq is hard to occupy, try the USA." I was against the Persian Gulf II invasion. And time wore on that Iraqi's were a proud people like we are, and they wouldn't give up either. Then I saw that avatar, and I loved it.

How did you find TOL?

I used to watch Bob Enyart Live in Ft Myers, FL on the christian channel at midnight. Then they pulled his show. After a year maybe, I just got the internet for the first time and remembered his name and searched for him. He had a chat room and that is where I met Poly. We became good friends thru his site. Then she told me about this great site. I have been a member ever since.

There are no others....no seriously, this place is the best.

Ancestry.com, TOL, lewrockwell.com, antiwar.com is about it.

Take care of me and my wife's parents first. Then my children and then my wife and I. Then give the rest to charity.

:idunno:

Cancer

What color is your room?

Yellow

I love GM but not really happy with their management. As long as I look presentable, I'm happy with about anything. But I do like Levis. Bose speakers stand out to me.

If you all don't know already, I'm very liberty orientated.

You list as a Christian Right Wing Zealot, yet many Christian right wingers are at odds with your views. If you could make one statement to defend your take on libertarianism, what would you say?

Scriptures defend my view, let's see your defense.

Do you believe libertarianism conflicts in any way with the Gospel?

Not at all....The gospel is very libertarian.

My son was born 3 months early. He could fit in my hand. Just over a pound at birth. That was some scary stuff right there. And it was a severe test of my faith at that point in time.

Getting married to Korena, and the birth of my 3 kids.

That I'm not a DR. But I play one on TOL! LOL!

It's easy and was taught by Jesus and is universal. Too bad even Christians fall away from this teaching. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Ten quick questions:
Spoiler

Jesus

Um, this is a family site right? LOL!

My fan running at night.

Nails on a chalkboard

My lovely wife kissing me goodnight.

Laidback, loyal, Christian

Has to be my bible, oh, my blanket (comforter)

Loved. If someone loves you, respect comes naturally.

Getting married to my beautiful wife.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Dena

Dena

The Interview:
Spoiler
So, Dena, let's start out with some simple stuff. For those that don't know, what inspired your screenname?

It's the name my parents gave me.

How did you find TOL?

I was invited here by a former friend. She knew some of the members in person. She didn't stay...I did.

I appreciate the fact that we are free to be honest and state our opinions without constantly being threatend with a ban for disagreeing with Christianity. I am on another religious forum where I am barely allowed to say anything at all about my own religion.

Facebook, TOL, two other religious forums, my own forum for Jewish converts and a forum for chicks trying to lose weight. Oh and Craigslist.

I would buy a house close to the Jewish community and have it renovated to suit my tastes. Maybe put in some solar panels and a wind mill if it was allowed.

I would do some traveling with my husband and donate a bit to charity. I would also set aside enough to go back to school for my Master's in Social Work. The rest I would put in a retirement account for when we're old.

A use for dryer lint :p

Everyone else is curing cancer so maybe I'll just be selfish and say Fibromyalgia (I have it). Otherwise, all forms of dementia.

Do you have a favorite hobby?

I love to kayak and travel

What color is your room?

Which one? Our bedroom is what I call light chocolate milk.

What shows or movies are you liking these days?

Weeds, Dexter, Fringe, Mad Men and Six Feet Under

All three of my cars have been Chevrolet. My mother gets a discount so when I was younger my parents bought GM vehicles. My husband gets Ford discounts (his father works at Ford) but I don't think I'll ever need a brand new car. It seems awfully frivolous.

I'm particular about food. I buy meat and dairy without hormones which means there are certain brands I won't touch.

I would say I'm a Liberal Libertarian with a Green twist

You list as a Jewish but you weren't always Jewish. What was conversion like for you?

It was like falling in love and marrying 14 million people. Some days I'm overwhelmed with enthusiasm for Judaism and other days are sort "blah"...kinda like marriage. This is of course the simplified version. Before my conversion I wrote an 11 page essay for the Rabbis who sat on my Beit Din (a requirement for conversion).

Conversion has been a struggle. Creating a Jewish identity has been a struggle. Balancing my husbands needs with my desire to be more observant and participate in the Jewish community has been a struggle. However it's all worth it and I am beyond happy that I chose this life.

My parents split up two days after I married and moved out of their house. It was extremely stressful. I had never lived in another house, I had never lived in the city and I had never been someone's wife. On top of all of that my parents lives were falling apart and my mother was an absolute mess.

The stress exacerbated what I now know is OCD and that in turn caused some serious depression. I couldn't even take a shower by myself. I was terrified ALL the time for no reason. I knew I wouldn't make it without help so I did find a good psychiatrist and therapist. It's been 5 years since and I'm much better now. I would say I am probably happier than I have ever been.

I can't choose one moment. Traveling with my husband rates up there at the top. Spending time with my Grandmother did too.

I am never content. I always want something but never know what exactly is missing.

Me? Share wisdom? Give me a few years.

Ten quick questions:
Spoiler

I tend to use the world ridiculous and imbecile way too often.

I hate the words feet and foot.

Ocean waves, baby giggles and the summertime sounds when outside of the city

Fighting and loud noises in general

My husband. Nothing in particular, he just makes me smile.

Short Jewish Sleepy

A car (it doubles as shelter) and a stuff animal my husband gave me a long time ago

I don't feel loved if I'm not respected

Graduating college and becoming a Jew

Oh goodness. Probably only a 3 or 4.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Grosnick Marowbe

Grosnick Marowbe

The Interview:
Spoiler
So, let's start out with some simple stuff. For those that don't know, what inspired your screenname?

I created the name Grosnick Marowbe about thirty or so years ago. I used it as a substitute wording when something went wrong, in place of an expletive.

How did you find TOL?

I was looking around for a religious forum and came across a name of someone I knew. His name was Bob Hill. There's also another poster on TOL I used to go to the same Church with.

What is it about TOL that keeps you signing in and taking part?

There are a few reasons why I keep coming back to TOL. To share my faith, to expose false doctrine, to be entertained, to entertain.

If I was looking at your writing desk/pc desk, what would I see?

If you looked at my writing desk, you'd see, a Laptop, Printer, DVD/Blue Ray player, speakers, and a flashlight.

If I had a million dollars, I would try to help those in need, purchase a new car, and put the rest in the bank and live off some of the interest each year.

Outside of the Bible what is your favorite book?

Besides the Bible, I'm not really an avid reader so, I really don't have a favorite book.

Where are you in the birth order of your siblings (or are you an only child)?

I have a younger Sister.

Would you describe yourself as an introvert or an extovert?

I consider myself to be an "Introvert/Extrovert." At times I can be an extrovert
and at other times, an introvert. It depends on the situation.

What television shows or movies are you liking these days?

I really enjoy watching black and white reruns of Gunsmoke. I have an eclectic assortment of Blue Rays/DVDs. I love old movies: Casablanca, Shane, Maltese Falcon, etc. Enjoy thrillers like Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, and many other types of films.

What’s your favorite form of music and do you have a favorite band or singer in particular?

I really enjoy 50s and early 60s music. My favorite singer of all time is Del Shannon.

Would you say TOL has impacted your political views or faith and if yes how?

TOL hasn't really impacted my political views. I'm a conservative independent for the most part. Although, in the past I considered myself a Republican but, not so much anymore.

My faith remains the same, "Spiritually speaking." There are some posters on TOL who I feel aligned with, in a Spiritual sense. I follow the Grace Message that was given to the Apostle Paul by the "Ascended Lord Jesus Christ."

Outside of religious figures, name three people from history you admire.

Historical figures I admire would be, Ronald Reagan, Abraham Lincoln, and Abscar Barazo.

Dog or cat?

I prefer Cats.

Posters might be surprised that during my walk of life, I've entertained many people with my ability to do 'Voice Impressions' of famous actors, Politicians, etc. And, was involved with a radio show with a friend of mine. Together we did a two man, music and entertainment show. That was many moons ago.

Finally, as you depart, care to share a bumper sticker bit of life philosophy with us?

My 'bumper sticker bit' would have to be,"The Sky is always up, it is never down!

Ten quick questions:
Spoiler

Buzz

The word that starts out with F ends with T and is another word for gas.

I love the sound of Rain falling.

Hate the sound of someone racing down the street with a bad muffler.

A funny scene on Gunsmoke made me smile last night.

Describe myself in three words? Comical, serious, and artistic.

A Bible, and a television.

It's better to be loved. If you're loved, you'll have both.

Having a Son, Grandson, and Granddaughter.

Thanks for the interview TH

De nada

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Delmar (TOL's Sheriff Emeritus)

Delmar (TOL's Sheriff Emeritus)

The Interview:
Spoiler

So, let's start out with some simple stuff. For those that don't know, what remarkable flight ow whimsy inspired your screenname? Kidding. Have you considered any alternative screen names over the years?

My original screenname was deardelmar. It was my email address because Delmar was not available. It finally dawned on me that Delmar is available on TOL so I went with it. Delmar is my first name, by the way.

How did you find TOL?

I heard Bob Enyart talk about it on his show I guess .

What is it about TOL that keeps you signing in and taking part?

I'm not sure I can explain that exactly. I have been doing this so long it has become sort of a part of my identity. That is why it took me so long to step down as moderator. It felt like giving up a little piece of myself.

If I was looking at your writing desk/pc desk, what would I see?

a broken crossbow and some flash drives, among other things.

Probably buy a little cafe/ coffee shop.

Outside of the Bible what is your favorite book?

The Plot by Bob Enyart.

Where are you in the birth order of your siblings (or are you an only child)?

Youngest of 4

Would you describe yourself as an introvert or an extovert?

Big E extrovert

What television shows or movies are you liking these days?

Criminal Minds and Heros

What’s your favorite form of music and do you have a favorite band or singer in particular?

Rock and Roll, Country/Bob Seger, Kris Kristofferson and Greg Allman come to mind.

Would you say TOL has impacted your political views or faith and if yes how?

Solidified them I suppose

Outside of religious figures, name three people from history you admire.

William Wilberforce, Ronald Reagan, Simon Birkey

Dog or cat?

All the old timers know the answer is dog.

Until a week or so ago a lot of people here would have been surprised to know I plan to support myself in retirement by doing stand up comedy.

Finally, as you depart, care to share a bumper sticker bit of life philosophy with us?

My TOL signature used to say something like, A day is as a thousand years is about perspective. Three hours on the highway is an eternity to a five year old. To a fifty year old trucker it's just he start of a good day!

Ten quick questions:
Spoiler

cumquat

cancer

"Gampa do you want to go to Burger King?"

brakes grinding

Gentle, strong, loyal

My shoes

I'll go with respected, but I'm having trouble separating the two.

And thank you, Delmar, for years of service in the thankless task of keeping law and order in the jungle.

Status
Not open for further replies.