Today's Rambam 3 Chapters: Shvuot - Chapter 1, Shvuot - Chapter 2, Shvuot - Chapter 3

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Shlishli, 10-22. It is Yom, Day. This Jewish Calendar Day ends at sundown.

From Today's Rambam, 3 Chapters, Shvuot - Chapter 1, Shvuot - Chapter 2, and Shvuot - Chapter 3, I noticed some things that I would like to share here.

3 Chapters:
Shvuot - Chapter 1, Shvuot - Chapter 2, Shvuot - Chapter 3

For Hilchos Shvuot we find or learn that they contain

5 mitzvot: one positive commandment and four negative commandments. They are:

1. Not to swear falsely in [God’s] name,
2. Not to take [God’s] name in vain,
3. Not to deny [having received] an entrusted object,
4. Not to swear [falsely] when denying financial obligations,
5. To swear truly in [God’s] name.

Also, I know God's name to be

יהוה

Yod י
Hey ה
Vav ו
Hey ה

YHVH

Yahveh

Said here to be

Yud-Hei-Vav-Hei.

Comments on these or anything else from this Rambam?

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Self Condemning Old Testament

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Heb 9:15-17
15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

Gal 5:1-4
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

James 2:10
10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
(NKJ)

II Jn 1:7-11
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

Gal 6:13-14
13 For not even those who are circumcised keep the law, but they desire to have you circumcised that they may boast in your flesh.
14 But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
(NKJ)
XXX Jesus came to deliver the Jews and they rejected Jesus. So Jesus offered deliverance to the Gentiles. Jesus came because the Jews wasnt keeping the law of God in the old testament. But there are those who want to lead you into the old testament law of sin and death. They are self condemning and leading you into condemnation.
Jesus brought us a new covenant(testament) Jesus changed the law, Jesus annulled the former commandments. Jesus is trying to save you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Self Condemning Old Testament

13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Heb 9:15-17
15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
(NKJ)

12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

Gal 5:1-4
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

James 2:10
10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
(NKJ)

II Jn 1:7-11
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

Gal 6:13-14
13 For not even those who are circumcised keep the law, but they desire to have you circumcised that they may boast in your flesh.
14 But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
(NKJ)
XXX Jesus came to deliver the Jews and they rejected Jesus. So Jesus offered deliverance to the Gentiles. Jesus came because the Jews wasnt keeping the law of God in the old testament. But there are those who want to lead you into the old testament law of sin and death. They are self condemning and leading you into condemnation.
Jesus brought us a new covenant(testament) Jesus changed the law, Jesus annulled the former commandments. Jesus is trying to save you.

Shalom.

Today is Revi'i, 10-23, until sundown.

It is possible for a person to get trapped in their thinking about the Old Testament.

The Old Covenant was with the nation of Israel, given at Mount Sinai. God made this covenant with them. By Old Testament a person may mean Scripture, such as the Torah or the TaNaK. There are 39 Books in the Christian Old Testament. But these books are not the Old Covenant itself. This covenant between God and the people, our people (Israel), is not Scripture, though Scripture or the Scriptures even the Torah or the Five Books of Moses or the Law of Moses or the Law (Torah means Instruction, Teaching, Direction) the Old Covenant (I believe) or the Pentateuch, speaks of the covenant. Some people have referred to the Mosaic Covenant or the Mosaic Law. If a person uses Mosaical as a word, it does not make sense to me.

The covenant, the old covenant, was made by God through or with the people of Israel through the Prophet Moses. Moses was there on Mount Sinai. But to learn about the giving of the covenant you must read for yourself.

The book of Shemot, the second book of the Torah, speaks of the Exodus of the People of Israel from Egypt, which includes and involves or involved the Prophet Moses.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Acts 4:10-12
10 "let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole.
11 "This is the 'stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.'
12 "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

Heb 9:14-18
14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
18 Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood.
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Acts 4:10-12
10 "let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole.
11 "This is the 'stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.'
12 "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

Heb 9:14-18
14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
18 Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood.
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

Shalom.

Which commandment do you believe is being spoken of?

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Which commandment do you believe is being spoken of?

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
lol Your an idiot. It says the law. Obey the law in the old testament was a commandment.

(NKJ)

Heb 7:22
22 by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18-19

19 for the law made nothing perfect;

on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
lol Your an idiot. It says the law. Obey the law in the old testament was a commandment.

(NKJ)

Heb 7:22
22 by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18-19

19 for the law made nothing perfect;

on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.
(NKJ)
Shalom.

Today is Chamishi, 10-24. It is Yom, Day. Boker, Morning.

You said obey the law in the old testament was a commandment.

I do not know what you are talking about. These are your words, I believe. Do you need help with this? I do not understand your saying this.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Chamishi, 10-24. It is Yom, Day. Boker, Morning.

You said obey the law in the old testament was a commandment.

I do not know what you are talking about. These are your words, I believe. Do you need help with this? I do not understand your saying this.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
lol You keep proving over and over and over you don't know the bible. Any part of it.

[Deu 30:10
10 "if you obey the voice of the LORD your God, to keep His commandments and His statutes which are written in this Book of the Law, [and] if you turn to the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
[Dan 9:11
11 "Yes, all Israel has transgressed Your law, and has departed so as not to obey Your voice; therefore the curse and the oath written in the Law of Moses the servant of God have been poured out on us, because we have sinned against Him.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
lol You keep proving over and over and over you don't know the bible. Any part of it.

10 "if you obey the voice of the LORD your God, to keep His commandments and His statutes which are written in this Book of the Law, [and] if you turn to the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
11 "Yes, all Israel has transgressed Your law, and has departed so as not to obey Your voice; therefore the curse and the oath written in the Law of Moses the servant of God have been poured out on us, because we have sinned against Him.

Shalom.

You are no longer required to only post nt verses if you thought that this was a requirement. However, what you have quoted does not say what you said.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

You are no longer required to only post nt verses if you thought that this was a requirement. However, what you have quoted does not say what you said.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
lol You have the very same demon that alcoholics have. The spirit of denial. Denial does not keep the truth out of you. Denial keeps you from seeing the truth.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
lol You have the very same demon that alcoholics have. The spirit of denial. Denial does not keep the truth out of you. Denial keeps you from seeing the truth.

Shalom.

No. To deny something is to claim that you do not believe or that you do not know if a particular certain or specific statement of truth is true, to have rejected it as true. Often this means that you have at one time accepted it to be true, though this is not always the case.

For example. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through Me.". Is it true or false what Jesus said or that He said this? I say true. If I know it to be true but say false that is denial, lying, or trying to save my life for fear of persecution.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
lolol Did that one sting a little . It must sting a little to find out your a liar

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
lolol Did that one sting a little . It must sting a little to find out your a liar

Shalom.

All can mean all. It is no doubt true even saying when Daniel wrote it, but I am sure there was a remnant, like Daniel.

Shalom.

Jacob